GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs VI: Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I agree with most everything you said and love your optimism, but am still a bit worried about the looong layoff

I'm very glad the Bruins swept the Canes and are getting a chance to heal some bumps and bruises

...but the B's were riding a big wave of momentum, and 11 friggin days break makes me kinda nervous is all

I’m nervous too. Don’t get me wrong... But the long and short of it is that we need all hands on deck to win this thing. Rested troops perform better in the long run, and at this point in the game we have to trust the team leaders to keep the boys sharp and focused.

The Bruins are banged up. Probably worse than we know. It’s been a hard playoffs, and would we rather a rested healthy(ish) Bruins team in the Final, or a banged up Bruins team?

Reactions: Lady Rhian

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
There is no comparison to the Canes and Jackets sweeping and then losing the next round. Both were wildcards who played above their heads. The Bruins are completely different. If we get a healthy top line back, I will take the extra rest in a heartbeat. Gryz looked pretty banged up too and we need him. Have faith and stop worrying!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is gonna be a looooooong wait.

:wally:

I’m choosing to look at it as a test run for getting back to normal life after the Finals are over. Usually it’s such an abrupt end. It’s here and then it’s just gone.

I’m gonna sleep, cook meals at at home, exercise, drink a lot of water, and make plans not centered around a hockey schedule. What a world!

Nice break for us fans too. I’ll be pumped and ready to run through a wall come game 1.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
From what I’ve seen so far, it looks like the Sharks are the better team but St. Louis is good enough to upset them. This will likely go to 7 games

Reactions: rfournier103

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So IF and that is a big IF, a lot can go wrong in a Final, the Bruins win the whole enchilada it should end by June 6. I'm going to start researching the train schedules & hotel fares because I'm not missing the parade. I missed it in 2011 because my dad wasn't well but I'll be there if I have to walk every f***ing step of the way. IF the Bruins win.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So IF and that is a big IF, a lot can go wrong in a Final, the Bruins win the whole enchilada it should end by June 6. I'm going to start researching the train schedules & hotel fares because I'm not missing the parade. I missed it in 2011 because my dad wasn't well but I'll be there if I have to walk every ****ing step of the way. IF the Bruins win.

My two biggest concerns this next series , rask cooling off. Karlsson coming alive and exploiting the D

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My two biggest concerns this next series , rask cooling off. Karlsson coming alive and exploiting the D

Karlsson is playing on virtually one leg, I don't think he could exploit the Bruins D even if he wanted to. I share your concern about Rask cooling off though. And his teammates too, I'd rather see them have 2-3 days off before the Final starts than 5-7.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Rask is my only concern with the long layoff. He’s been in such a zone, but I’ve never seen him perform like he has this year. I’m confident that the coaching staff will have him ready to go and mentally prepared to bounce back if he’s rusty to start.

The rest of the guys, I think the rest is far more helpful than harmful. Is it a longer than I’d like? Sure, a bit, but at this point I’ll take the rest.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Really not concerned with Karlsson, he's a great player and all but groins don't heal in 4 days. Even in a game where the Sharks were looking for the equalizer late in the game he saw limited ice time and seemed to really be struggling with mobility the few times he was on. All the Bruins need to do is dump it into his side of ice and then go in banging him hard at every chance they get. Especially the 4th line who are really good at reversing the play, that won't be easy on a guy with a wonky groin. All that said , Karlsson is one tough mofo when it comes to playing through injuries.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Really not concerned with Karlsson, he's a great player and all but groins don't heal in 4 days. Even in a game where the Sharks were looking for the equalizer late in the game he saw limited ice time and seemed to really be struggling with mobility the few times he was on. All the Bruins need to do is dump it into his side of ice and then go in banging him hard at every chance they get. Especially the 4th line who are really good at reversing the play, that won't be easy on a guy with a wonky groin. All that said , Karlsson is one tough mofo when it comes to playing through injuries.

He's got the vision of Krejci, so hope the Bruins are looking out for those big passes like we saw when he played in Ottawa. Hoping St Louis wins

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Karlsson is playing on virtually one leg, I don't think he could exploit the Bruins D even if he wanted to. I share your concern about Rask cooling off though. And his teammates too, I'd rather see them have 2-3 days off before the Final starts than 5-7.

Each series has the potential to be a microcosm of a season or the entire playoff itself.

In a season/playoff season the goalie may win you games while the offense struggles. Next game the defense may struggle but the forwards bail them out.

I don’t think they need Rask to play at this level for 4-7 more games. I do have confidence that they are good enough as a team to win the cup, as their team defense is strong, the PP is dangerous and Rask has the ability to steal a game or two and be solid throughout.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’m nervous too. Don’t get me wrong... But the long and short of it is that we need all hands on deck to win this thing. Rested troops perform better in the long run, and at this point in the game we have to trust the team leaders to keep the boys sharp and focused.

The Bruins are banged up. Probably worse than we know. It’s been a hard playoffs, and would we rather a rested healthy(ish) Bruins team in the Final, or a banged up Bruins team?

true but we`ll also not know what injuries the Blues or Sharks are playing with or through. You look at Karlsson, even before last night where it appeared he might be dealing with something he looked horribly uncomfortable on the bench. Looking at his TOI (just over 25 mins) you`d say "nah" or his pt totals you`d say the same thing but if you`ve watched him this post season, he is struggling out there with his mobility.

Dunn on the Blues didn`t play last night, hit in the face by the puck in game 3, now, not sure if that will be a long term injury, who knows but no team has ever made the finals without injuries.

We shall see how it rolls out, after playing 13 out of a possible 14 games in the first two rounds, I`ll take the rest 8 days a week

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad