GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs VI: Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It seems like every time I am trying to catch up in the around the NHL thread, it gets closed :laugh:

Regarding the Landeskog play, Mike Rupp made an interesting comment on NHL on the Fly last night which I had never heard before.

He said that Landeskog was on the ice forever and it went beyond a “laziness” thing. He said that the benches in San Jose are extremely small (even with the backup goalie in a separate location) and that leads to guys having a hard time getting off the ice. I assume that he’s speaking from personal experience?

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
It seems like every time I am trying to catch up in the around the NHL thread, it gets closed :laugh:

Regarding the Landeskog play, Mike Rupp made an interesting comment on NHL on the Fly last night which I had never heard before.

He said that Landeskog was on the ice forever and it went beyond a “laziness” thing. He said that the benches in San Jose are extremely small (even with the backup goalie in a separate location) and that leads to guys having a hard time getting off the ice. I assume that he’s speaking from personal experience?
Maybe.. but man get out of the zone...... Landeskog made two really bad decision.... that one that overule a tying goal, and he was lazy on the almost wrap around goal losing his man and screening the goaltender. Was definitely not impress with that player in last nite game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe.. but man get out of the zone...... Landeskog made two really bad decision.... that one that overule a tying goal, and he was lazy on the almost wrap around goal losing his man and screening the goaltender. Was definitely not impress with that player in last nite game.

And he scored the OT GWG in Game 6 to get the Avs to Game 7. The ups and downs of hockey.

They play at the bench probably happens 5/6 times a game, it was just bad timing. Landeskog is not a normally a player I would consider “lazy”, which is why I was wondering if there was another reason he was standing there for so long.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
And he scored the OT GWG in Game 6 to get the Avs to Game 7. The ups and downs of hockey.

They play at the bench probably happens 5/6 times a game, it was just bad timing. Landeskog is not a normally a player I would consider “lazy”, which is why I was wondering if there was another reason he was standing there for so long.

I'd put some blame on the bench to be honest.

Nobody opened the door for him. Looked like he had to do it himself. The bench could've yelled to him to jump off rather than using the door. In theory, if he swung his left leg wider across the blueline to put him onside, would that have been fine even though he was the 6th guy on the ice?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I haven't seen this play yet, but from what they were saying on NHL Radio this morning and what I've read here, it sounds like this is yet another unnecessary controversy created by the need to "get calls right". If they didn't call offside on the ice and they challenged a goal and it was overturned because of what I've read and heard, then that absolutely sucks

member 96824

“duh da duh. Duh dah duh. Duh da duh.”

Playing in every person’s head after watching any Blues game.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
What do folks think about Blues? Seem to have a lot of confidence and a lot of character - I'd almost rather play San Jose if we get through Hurricanes

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
How many horseshoes do the Sharks have? First they get a bogus 5 minute PP to beat Vegas and now they have a goal against reversed because of a lazy line change. In both examples, the loss is ultimately on the Vegas and Colorado but damn. In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "Luckyyyy"

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I like the Bruins against either of the two teams that are left. Leafs and Columbus bothered me more than either the Blues or Sharks do.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like the Bruins against either of the two teams that are left. Leafs and Columbus bothered me more than either the Blues or Sharks do.

while both the Sharks and Blues have a few fast and skilled players, I`m with you, both of them play a style that I feel the B`s are far more comfortable playing and we all know either of them will arrive at the SCF with an absolute ton of battle scars, think eventually the Caps won out last year as they finished the series with less "miles" on them for lack of a better term

Not anticipating the B`s/Canes series to be terribly physical, we`ll see a few good pops by both teams from time to time but won`t be nearly the same

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I really think we have a BIG advantage with Rask relative to all other remaining goalies. Yes, Jones/Binnington have been solid but I dont see them as same level as Rask.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I really think we have a BIG advantage with Rask relative to all other remaining goalies. Yes, Jones/Binnington have been solid but I dont see them as same level as Rask.

seen Billington look a bit shaken maybe once, Jones has let in so many horrific goals this playoff although he played well when it counted last night

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I haven't seen this play yet, but from what they were saying on NHL Radio this morning and what I've read here, it sounds like this is yet another unnecessary controversy created by the need to "get calls right". If they didn't call offside on the ice and they challenged a goal and it was overturned because of what I've read and heard, then that absolutely sucks
There have been a lot of goals disallowed since they implemented the review rule so I don't think them reversing the call on the ice as a goal should be much of an issue. He took way too much time getting off the ice and owned up to it.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
There have been a lot of goals disallowed since they implemented the review rule so I don't think them reversing the call on the ice as a goal should be much of an issue. He took way too much time getting off the ice and owned up to it.

Yeah, I did see the video and it looked like he did take his time getting off and he did own up to it. And he also owned up to giving up a turnover too. I just hate the tickytack era with replays we're in now. That said, I don't blame the Sharks for calling for a review either because that's within the rules

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Let’s get through the Canes first before talking about who we’d rather play. I hope Bruins players aren’t looking ahead like it seems people around here are.

Still need 4 more wins. The Canes are interesting. The have some perimeter forwards and then they have gritty down low players. A good blend. Need to stay in the passing/shooting lanes. I think our bottom 6 can do some damage.

Every game no matter the round I’m nervous.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Going to be interesting to see how the Blues and Sharks series plays out. Both teams have depth. My West Coast team has always been the Blues. I think the Sharks have had SOME help getting to the conference finals.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The working officials for round 3 will be Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Marc Joannette, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Rourke, Chris Rooney, Korazi and Sutherland, as reported by Scouting the Refs.

Tim Peel, Brian Pochmara, Kevin Pollock, Francois St. Laurent, who have worked during the second round, aren’t coming back for the rest of the championship run.

Derek Amell, Devin Berg, Scott Cherrey, Greg Devorski, Trent Knorr, Matt MacPherson, Jonny Murray, Pierre Racicot will be the working linesmen

while Michel Cormier, Ryan Gibbons, Brian Murphy, Mark Shewchyk are done for the year.

Berg and Knorr are making their first trips to the Conference Finals.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad