GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1/Game 1 - Avs @ Preds - Playoffs Are Fun - 7:30PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yeah Barbs and Nemeth can get by in the regular season but they were exposed in a playoff environment. Girard and Z were our best on the ice last night.

Really feeling not having EJ and Varly right now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's not like people are here complaining solely because we lost. At least, I don't feel that way. If nashville is going to beat us, I want it to be because they ****ing PLAYED HOCKEY and beat us because they are a better and more talented team. I don't want it to be because of what I saw last night, which is a bunch of horse**** NON-CALLS and late/cheap hits. That ****tard johansen's hit on Barrie absolutely had an impact on the game because until that point, we were taking the game to them. Think I'm wrong?

How many grade A quality scoring chances did nashville have before the cheap ryjo hit on Barrie where Bernier had to make a fantastic save? Zero?

Again, WHEN is it the Avs turn for our fans to say "wow, we really got away with a bunch of stuff tonight"? I watch the games very closely and I can honestly say that I saw ONE cross-checked and ONE trip that should have been called against the Avs last night that they let go and a whole bunch of stuff the other way for them...I didn't count them all but it's for sure in the teens.

That BS hit from hartman 2 seconds after Soderberg passed the puck was bush-league and was completely ignored by the refs. I think it's pathetic that nashville thinks they need to play this way to win. You would think it would be the other way around, where we're the team that needs to have their goalie/best players run by some AHL scrub to even stand a chance to win.

If that does end up happening in this series, we for sure won't win the cup but neither will they and they'll only have themselves to blame.
What about the cheap shot that Gork did against Hartman at the bench? I want that type of hit out of the league which happened to Barrie, but he was caught dangling for like ten seconds...what do you want the Preds to do? Just stop and just watch him toe-drag to the other side of the ice? He needs to be more aware of his surroundings and quite surprised the concussion spotters didn't take him out of the game for evaluation. Only one I consider ca cheap shot on was Hartman's late hit on Soderberg and that was borderline in terms of the seconds after you can hit someone. Nashville is a physical team, they're going to play that way throughout the series, Avs need to understand this and take the brunt of the physicality since we're not like Nashville.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This was a game the Avs couldn't afford to let slip away. The margin of error is so small in this series that they had to find a way to win... Nashville showed this young group exactly what playoff hockey is though... so win or loss, this is good for the team.

In a game as physical as it was last night... Z seemed awfully quiet in that area until right at the very end of the game. The Avs need to have him add that edge to his game in this series... he's really the only defender that can.
I saw people take some healthy runs at Z last night. I was waiting for a response but didn't see it. Hopefully next game he smashes Watson with a clean one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't get the complaining about cheapshots/latehits... nothing I saw was really out of line for playoff hockey. The worst hit of all was probably Bourque's and that was situational as much as anything. Playoff hockey is just more physical and more is let go. There is no sense in complaining about it as it will never change. This is the way the NHL wants it to be (and from an entertainment perspective, they are 100% in the right).

Reactions: Avs and Murzu

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't get the complaining about cheapshots/latehits... nothing I saw was really out of line for playoff hockey. The worst hit of all was probably Bourque's and that was situational as much as anything. Playoff hockey is just more physical and more is let go. There is no sense in complaining about it as it will never change. This is the way the NHL wants it to be (and from an entertainment perspective, they are 100% in the right).

I agree with you for the most part, but if more is let go then it needs to be on both sides for the slashing calls. If more is let go, they sure couldn't make up their f***ing minds as to what level of slashing was ok.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Avs will need to be more physical, play like they did against the Blues and we will be fine.

Maybe a few lineup changes to beef up? Dunc? Kam? Tomato?

Reactions: Murzu

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What about the cheap shot that Gork did against Hartman at the bench? I want that type of hit out of the league which happened to Barrie, but he was caught dangling for like ten seconds...what do you want the Preds to do? Just stop and just watch him toe-drag to the other side of the ice? He needs to be more aware of his surroundings and quite surprised the concussion spotters didn't take him out of the game for evaluation. Only one I consider ca cheap shot on was Hartman's late hit on Soderberg and that was borderline in terms of the seconds after you can hit someone. Nashville is a physical team, they're going to play that way throughout the series, Avs need to understand this and take the brunt of the physicality since we're not like Nashville.

I'm not sure what you're talking about unless 'dangling' is an illegal play. What I'm pissed off about, is that shithead ryjo coming across laterally and sure he kept his arms in but still ended up elbowing Barrie in the head. I'm all for Barrie being 'aware of his surroundings' but when he's looking at the goal trying to aim a shot, he shouldn't be worried about a guy trying to come in from the blind-side to take his head off, imo.

Views from different angles...the last one before they show the score is the worst one.

Here is where I have a problem with it...if we do that to Josi, there is no way in hell that it not only doesn't go unpenalized but a suspension is practically guaranteed (especially if it's Landeskog doing the hitting)

Is that because Barrie got up? What if he was out indefinitely...is it still fine for playoff hockey?

I guess it's too bad for the NHL that I'm not in charge of the Avs because I'd have some AHLer/ECHLer who can barely turn right up practicing with the team right now only to ensure that someone from the preds leaves game #2 on a stretcher. Entertaining as hell, right?

I'm half-joking...sort of. I know the Avs wouldn't resort to such things but if Zadorov 'scheifeles' some poor sucker next game, I will feel absolutely zero remorse because they will have wanted it this way.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As long as it's 'fine' when Landeskog hits Josi with that exact same hit that ryjo put on Barrie. No call. No nothing. Right?

Are you kidding me? IF that would have happened, it would have cleared the nashville bench and everyone here knows it.

Dude, re-watch that hit on Barrie, it wasn't dirty at all. It was just hard and Tyson wasn't bracing for it. Zads has done the same thing to dudes countless times this year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is that because Barrie got up? What if he was out indefinitely...is it still fine for playoff hockey?

I guess it's too bad for the NHL that I'm not in charge of the Avs because I'd have some AHLer/ECHLer who can barely turn right up practicing with the team right now only to ensure that someone from the preds leaves game #2 on a stretcher. Entertaining as hell, right?

I'm half-joking...sort of. I know the Avs wouldn't resort to such things but if Zadorov 'scheifeles' some poor sucker next game, I will feel absolutely zero remorse because they will have wanted it this way.

I don't see a single issue with the hit on Barrie, it was a clean hit... if Barrie got hurt from it, no doubt it would suck, but injuries happen in hockey.

Reactions: Murzu and cgf

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't have a problem with the hit on Barrie. Slightly late but other than that fine. They're only going to look at hits like that if you pick the head of the target.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
As long as it's 'fine' when Landeskog hits Josi with that exact same hit that ryjo put on Barrie. No call. No nothing. Right?

Are you kidding me? IF that would have happened, it would have cleared the nashville bench and everyone here knows it.

Who came in to defend Barrie? No one answered the bell!

Let´s see how we respond to that in game 2.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm guess I'm seeing it wrong then :
IguessI'mseeingitwrong.JPG

I asked a few people at work (Habs fans - they don't care either way) and it's split. One says it was accidental...the other says it doesn't matter, it's from the blind-side and a hit to the head.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But it's not a hit to the head, it's a hit to the chest. A hit made with his arm firmly tucked tightly to his body. Landy n Zads have made worse hits than that that were perfectly legal.

I think you're only so worked up about it because Barrie wasn't bracing himself for the hit, so flew through the air like that, and because of the impact it had on Barrie's play the rest of the game. The hit itself was fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad