Stanley Cup Playoffs megathread

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Leafs are closer to us than they are to Vegas/Tampa/Colorado. They need a lot to go right to make it past the conference finals (or whatever it's called now).

Reactions: Smelling Salt

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I dont know why but that Carolina vs Nashville series earily reminded me of our 2014 1st rd series vs Anaheim.

In that 2014 series the first 5 games were won by the home team..just like this series... in game 6 we had a 2 goal lead for most of the game but coughed up the tying goal late, then lost quickly in OT to end the series. Again, simialir to how Nashville just lost.

Not mirror images as this series had way more OT than ours... But similarities.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Yeah I don’t have it in me to ever root for the wild. Their fan base is f***ing unbearable about the whole North Stars thing.
Ati2yEh.jpg

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I feel like the Wild got a light jobbing in this game.. but VGK seems like the better team :/

unbearable fanbase aside it could have made for a nice story to have zucc/kaprizov make some headway on a perennially underachieving team

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Janmark's hat trick is the first postseason hat trick in VGK history apparently

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Good for Janmark. He wasn’t going to be much else in Dallas. Good for him to do more in other places.

And an Avs/VGK is much better than one with the Wild in it. I’d personally like to see a Canadian team vs. the VGK in the Final. Just not the Avs or Tampa.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Man just for entertainment purposes i wanna see the Leafs blow game 7 . If they lose that game i can't see how this wouldn't lead into a cascade of heads rolling and a complete overhaul of the roster.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Man just for entertainment purposes i wanna see the Leafs blow game 7 . If they lose that game i can't see how this wouldn't lead into a cascade of heads rolling and a complete overhaul of the roster.
Yeah Montreal is bad and would never have made the playoffs but for the Covid divisions. If Leafs lose to them, it's time to kick the regular season analytics darlings to the curb and bring in some playoff performers.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah Montreal is bad and would never have made the playoffs but for the Covid divisions. If Leafs lose to them, it's time to kick the regular season analytics darlings to the curb and bring in some playoff performers.

They did that and those guys are showing up only the guys they're paying the big bucks are not. Tavares is hurt sure but Matthews and Marner are both paid 10-11 million a season. At that pricetag they need to be better especially since they're in their prime.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I am totally reactionary so I would be a shit GM but I would fire DeBoer for this goalie move.

The guy has always looked clueless behind the bench, but there was no need to overthink the starting goalies. This isn't something like tinkering with the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad