Stanley Cup Playoffs megathread

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
If only Dallas would have been put in the proper division instead of getting screwed and put in the central. St. Louis should have been in the central and Dallas out west. Not saying Dallas would be in the cup but they would have made the playoffs cause they could have beaten up on that sad division.

That would have been a bad thing though. Playing poorly and still making the playoffs was the worst possible outcome for this season. More injuries, more aggravation of existing injuries (including rushing back Seguin and maybe Bishop before they're ready), and a worse draft pick (or no pick if Nill got a rental), all leading to a (probably) quick exit.

Also, beating up on Pacific defenses and goaltending may have masked scoring issues which will instead hopefully get some help this offseason.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Outside of Carey Price and Nick Suzuki it's kinda funny that Corey Perry is one of Montreals best players

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Montreal won by returning to what got them there. Load up heavy minutes on Chiarot, heavy minutes on Edmundson to shelter Petry. Heavy minutes on Danault to shelter Suzuki. Keep Tampa's scoreline down, give yourself a shot to win.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
MTL won last night cause Tampa couldn't finish for once. They hit what like 4 posts? And not scoring on a 4 minute PP to win the Stanley Cup and to end a game and begin OT, you're just begging to lose.

Can't see MTL getting bailed out like that again. I'd be genuinely shocked if they beat Tampa IN Tampa though when they have a chance to win at home lol that'd be hilarious.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I sat down to watch what I thought would be the last game of the season, only to find out Spectrum had some nationwide outages, including yours truly. MTL must have heard and decided to bail me out, since I always watch the last game of the season.

Thanks habs!

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Blasphemy or not, I'm ready to see Montreal get dumpstered in 5. I don't know how many more Pierre McGuire screeds I can hear about Danault and his 1 goal in the playoffs thus far being the glue holding everything together, and how the best playoff defenses are dudes who can crosscheck instead of skate.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Now we watch Tampa keep their team together in the offseason somehow, all while getting to hear a thousand stories about Maroon getting his 3rd straight cup as if he was carrying the team. :laugh:

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Now we watch Tampa keep their team together in the offseason somehow, all while getting to hear a thousand stories about Maroon getting his 3rd straight cup as if he was carrying the team. :laugh:

They'd have to LTIR someone else for all of next season and Coleman and Goodrow would have to re-sign for way below market value. Not happening. They'll still be good but not as good as right now.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Whatever team Maroon signs for, I'm putting money on them to win a cup. Clearly he is good at evaluating what the best team is going to be. That Kucherov presser was great, and if NHL fans get upset about that, please grow thicker skin so I can enjoy that some players have a personality. Crosby will always be there if you want to enjoy the human embodiment of a saltine.

I'm not sure what kind of stuff Tampa will do to get under the cap next year, but I imagine it will knock them down a peg from 'the best team in the league' to 'one of the best teams in the league'.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hard to belived Maroon has a hat trick of Cups. Also a bit hard to believe Corey Perry went to two straight cup finals in what I have to believe is his last year. Or was he good enough for someone to resign at a bargain rate?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Hard to belived Maroon has a hat trick of Cups. Also a bit hard to believe Corey Perry went to two straight cup finals in what I have to believe is his last year. Or was he good enough for someone to resign at a bargain rate?
i thought he was fantastic in the playoffs. i'd be more surprised if he wasn't signed next year. (assuming he wants to play)

Reactions: Kcb12345

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
That Kucherov presser was great, and if NHL fans get upset about that, please grow thicker skin so I can enjoy that some players have a personality.

I didn't have a problem with anything he said other than him shitting on Montreal fans for celebrating their team winning a game. It's stupid and just makes him look petty, especially when it's a game later and they've won the series.

If you think that equates personality, that tells me everything I need to know about yours.

Reactions: Nikki Potnick

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Whatever team Maroon signs for, I'm putting money on them to win a cup. Clearly he is good at evaluating what the best team is going to be. That Kucherov presser was great, and if NHL fans get upset about that, please grow thicker skin so I can enjoy that some players have a personality. Crosby will always be there if you want to enjoy the human embodiment of a saltine.

I'm not sure what kind of stuff Tampa will do to get under the cap next year, but I imagine it will knock them down a peg from 'the best team in the league' to 'one of the best teams in the league'.

I refer to him having the personality of a box of dried cat turds.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I didn't have a problem with anything he said other than him shitting on Montreal fans for celebrating their team winning a game. It's stupid and just makes him look petty, especially when it's a game later and they've won the series.

If you think that equates personality, that tells me everything I need to know about yours.

Apparently fans were sending his family; and other players’ families death threats. f*** that noise. Also, you’re right, I enjoy a little shit talking, I’m a horrible monster and you should stay away from me at all costs.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Apparently fans were sending his family; and other players’ families death threats. f*** that noise. Also, you’re right, I enjoy a little shit talking, I’m a horrible monster and you should stay away from me at all costs.

Sadly think this is common now. Every fanbase has assholes who will do that in the hopes it "helps" their team by f***ing up the mind of other teams players.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gemel Smith is now a 2 time Stanley Cup champion btw

Just saw the vid of him lifting the Cup, and I gotta be honest it's kinda awkward watching the extra guys/healthy scratches who didn't play lift it and celebrate as if they won it/worked hard for it. Wonder what the players who played think of that. He has never played a playoff game and has 2 Stanley Cups - that's pretty cool tbh

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Based on your response, I think you should probably grow some thicker skin. :sarcasm:

I stated my opinion about an incredibly innocuous event, and you were so offended your response was to dismiss my entire being, which both proved my point, and made me think it was worth just a little bit of sarcasm since it was such a silly response.

I refer to him having the personality of a box of dried cat turds.

I think what really makes this work is that this made me immediately imagine him with the playoff 'stache.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad