Stanley Cup Playoffs megathread

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Watching this Habs-Leafs game and the piped in crowd noise just sounds like whistling over the broadcast. Oof.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Could definitely see the Preds stealing the series from Carolina. Neither team appears to be much of a threat for anyone going forward though

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Could definitely see the Preds stealing the series from Carolina. Neither team appears to be much of a threat for anyone going forward though

Honestly in the last 2 games (the only ones I've watched for the series), Carolina has looked more like Dallas than Carolina from the regular season.

That being said, I'm also just a jinx.

Start watching that series want Nashville to lose, Nashville wins both games I watch.
Watch the Leafs/Habs and want the Leafs to lose and Montreal loses that game.

Maybe I should go and watch a few games to root for Colorado now. :sarcasm:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I thought the only way Preds could win is Saros going crazy and yeah thats what happened last two games. Canes could get goalied and lose.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Avs tossing aside the Blues like they're nothing (to be fair they aren't very good, but still). Wanna see the Avs play Tampa

Reactions: Lemonlimey

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If the Oilers get swept i wonder if there's some major changes in Edmonton.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
If the Oilers get swept i wonder if there's some major changes in Edmonton.
Their depth is bootyhole. Neal, Kassian, and Turris are getting paid 10.5 next season. It would be crazy if they lost out on Nugent-Hopkins as well.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Their depth is bootyhole. Neal, Kassian, and Turris are getting paid 10.5 next season. It would be crazy if they lost out on Nugent-Hopkins as well.

I know their depth is garbage and all but if you have the two highest scoring players in the league you should not get 0 points from them combined while you have last change.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
MacKinnon generates way more shots for himself than McDavid (or in general when he's on the ice) and is significantly better defensively. They both have gamebreaking talent but I'd rather have MacKinnon on my team.

I'd take McDavid during the regular season still, but MacKinnon during the postseason. That dude could singlehandedly carry teams to a Cup win

serp

Jan 17, 2016
MacKinnon will run through someone to score if he has to . That is not really part of McDavids game but sometimes the brute force option is needed when other things just don't work.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
MacKinnon generates way more shots for himself than McDavid (or in general when he's on the ice) and is significantly better defensively. They both have gamebreaking talent but I'd rather have MacKinnon on my team.
Right there with you, felt that since last playoffs.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
MacKinnon will run through someone to score if he has to . That is not really part of McDavids game but sometimes the brute force option is needed when other things just don't work.
Yeah, MacKinnon finds a way to get it done. McDavid just doesn't have the same strength. Both can beat you with speed but MacKinnon can physically bowl defenders over.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Let's rap playoffs here.

First round "upset"? I'm going Winnipeg over Edmonton.

Keys to the Jets victory:

- Assuming they play together, keep the Scheifele/Wheeler/Connor line away from McDavid 5-on-5 as they are inept defensively and get clowned every time
- Jets scoring depth is much better than Edmonton, so prove it
- Get in Smith's head, the man loses his composure at the drop of a hat
- Hellebuyck will need to play like himself

McDavid is gonna McDavid and Drai will do his thing, but Nurse and Barrie having career years and Smith suddenly being good again at 50 years old? I'm skeptical.

The Jets defensive play (blueline and overall team) is not very good and looked even worse without Pionk recently so they won't be playing shutdown hockey. If they can play McDavid reasonably tight, their offense and goaltending should theoretically do the rest. We'll see I guess.

2 ez

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Jack Campbell is going to backstop a team to a Stanley cup isn’t he

hurts-just-a-little-bit-59f512dae159c.jpeg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk i still think whoever comes out of the north division is getting steamrolled . Not to mention the Leafs still have to beat the Jets if/when they finish the Habs which is not a given.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The Leafs aren't as good without Tavares for sure. Montreal is horrendous so it's hard to judge the Leafs' play so far.

Leafs - Jets will be tremendous with an effective Tavares in the lineup. Without him, I'm not so sure they can beat the Jets without otherworldly goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad