Stanley Cup Finals | Game #6 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues | NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Except that's not what happened. Again, its the same story of the series. Boston killed them on special teams. That's why Boston won tonight. Majority of the game STL was better 5 on 5.

Boston scored one goal on the PP.
St Louis scored zero on 4 chances.
The Bruins scored 3 5 on 5 goals.
The Blues scored 1.
And the Bruins scored 1 empty net.

So are you messing up the math or just refusing to admit the Bruins had a good overall game and the Blues did not.

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
The Habs have won 2 since I became a fan. 1986, and 1993.

And before Gary Buttman stepped in and cut Canada off from NHL championships, saying to himself as he had to supplicate to Montreal 'I'm never doing this for a team outside the U.S., the country of my birth, ever again.'.

Just typical Gary, being a slave to Old Glory, which he peddles every time he's on HNIC like a good little sewer rat.

=P

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
BOS lives and dies by the PP.

Which is ironic because they won their most recent Cup with a bad PP.

Now, they seemingly can only function against the Blues with the man advantage
We had one pp goal on 5 goals. Yea what would we have done without it

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
The Blues have to finish their hits on the forecheck or they won't win. They haven't played well since game 4. Boston is in good shape now heading home.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This aging Boston core.... if they don’t win game 7, I don’t think they’ll have an easier and more tailor made shot at a Cup than now.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Boston scored one goal on the PP.
St Louis scored zero on 4 chances.
The Bruins scored 3 5 on 5 goals.
The Blues scored 1.
And the Bruins scored 1 empty net.

So are you messing up the math or just refusing to admit the Bruins had a good overall game and the Blues did not.

Holy you Bruins fans are so defensive about this. I'm not saying you didn't deserve to win. I'm saying special teams was the difference in the game. You just laid it out.

Up until a lucky break for Carlo that put the game out of reach it was 1-0, B's only goal having come on a 5 on 3 & the Blues had blown multiple opportunities on the PP as you pointed out.

But they had earned more PP's than the B's because they had been carrying the play 5 on 5 most of the game up until that point. Going into the 3rd period it wasn't like the Bruins were cruising to a win.

I did think for all the time they had in the B's zone that the Blues didn't get as many shots on goal as they should have. Lots of misses, lots of going for tips or a perfect play. Perhaps Tukka getting to them.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bruins need to clean up their pinching and pressure the blues d when they cycle it back more so they stop getting caught, and go through the middle of the circles straight at Binnington more, but other than that their compete was good. Blues would have won if Rask didn’t stand on his head so that needs to likely continue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad