Pre-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Finals: Boston versus Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

This is the type of series I wish I could sit back and watch and just enjoy cause its going to be so good...but instead ill just be a nervous wreck the entire time

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Did I just read that Q is moving Kaner down to the second line again?

Sharp-Toews-Kane were just starting to gel. I get that he's trying to spread out the depth, but it's not like Boston's 3rd line has been such an offensive juggernaut where I'd be that scared about matching depth for depth and certainly at the center position.

Some of these coaches have made some...interesting tactical decisions in the playoffs.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Unfortunately, it seems that the hawks are saying pretty much all of the right things.

I don't like it.

Getting some seriously bad vibes, here.

Hopefully the Bs are ready, and more.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Did I just read that Q is moving Kaner down to the second line again?

Sharp-Toews-Kane were just starting to gel. I get that he's trying to spread out the depth, but it's not like Boston's 3rd line has been such an offensive juggernaut where I'd be that scared about matching depth for depth and certainly at the center position.

Some of these coaches have made some...interesting tactical decisions in the playoffs.

Could just be trying stuff out in practice? Although from what I've read the Hawks change up their lines a lot, can anyone confirm that?

Either way I think Marchand is going to be trolling Kane all series long.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Could just be trying stuff out in practice? Although from what I've read the Hawks change up their lines a lot, can anyone confirm that?

Either way I think Marchand is going to be trolling Kane all series long.

They do. Seems like a common beef to Hawk fans. I'd mentioned previously (what seems like ages ago) that it was game 5 where Q finally moved Kane up to the first line with Toews and Sharp. In their stints together, the trio showed some real flashes, but then it seemed Hossa started to struggle. Honestly, Kane and Toews both were performing under par until the line change.

Perhaps it's robbing Peter to pay Paul....but in the 3-4 Hawks games I saw this year, when those two are paired together, they absolutely fly on the ice.

We'll see.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This series is going to be an all-out battle. Chicago has a great coach, good D, and some dynamic players. We will have to step things up a notch to win this one. Pit seemed all too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad