Pre-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Finals: Boston versus Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
:bruins VERSUS :hawks
Series to start in Chicago on June 12th.
Corey+Crawford+Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Boston+LPmQPY3jeVxl.jpg

Figured we could start speculating and discussing the final series. :yo:
it's going to be Chicago. A team that is very similar in play style to the Penguins however I don't think they are nearly as cocky and Quenneville(sp?) will most likely react and coach better than Bylsma. I LOVE the prospect of an original six Stanley Cup Final and think the series would be extremely close and exciting to watch.

EDIT - Cleared body of any reference to the Kings

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I gotta say...I really want the Bruins to win and put a nice cap on this storybook run. With that said, I'd feel much better about losing in the finals this year than I would have in 2011.

To me, beating the Pens gives its own sense of closure. Think about how many people have said since 2011 that the only reason the Bruins won that year was because the Pens were missing Crosby and had other injury issues. This team's success with largely the same roster as the 2011 team really puts a dagger in that theory. So if they don't win the cup this time, at least they won a series that further validates their 2011 cup.

But I really, really want them to win.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I gotta say...I really want the Bruins to win and put a nice cap on this storybook run. With that said, I'd feel much better about losing in the finals this year than I would have in 2011.

To me, beating the Pens gives its own sense of closure. Think about how many people have said since 2011 that the only reason the Bruins won that year was because the Pens were missing Crosby and had other injury issues. This team's success with largely the same roster as the 2011 team really puts a dagger in that theory. So if they don't win the cup this time, at least they won a series that further validates their 2011 cup.

But I really, really want them to win.

So many awesome story lines for the Bruins should they win..

The biggest one being of course winning it for the city of Boston after the bombing. But also Campbell.. a hobbled Soupy raising the Stanley Cup would be just as emotional as when Horton did it.

But I'm also with you.. barring any funny business from the Hawks (there's no way it would be nearly as awful as the Canucks.. right?) I truly think it will be a hard fought series where either team can take it and while I'd most assuredly be devastated, I would also be proud as hell of this run.

But with that said, that's loser talk! It's all about winning now baby.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
It's going to be hard to get up the level of hatred I had this past series. I respect the hell out of that Blackhawks team, they've done a great job putting that team together. They're like the Pens but they don't act like entitled whiners, their fans are johnny come lately **********, and they can play defense without sacrificing offense. The good thing is that they have looked beatable these playoffs and I have faith that if we can shut down the Pens we can shut down the Blackhawks. My concern is that Crawford and their D arent going to take the first 2 games off like Pittsburgh did. Going to be a war.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I think the Bruins can beat either team. Especially with Rask playing the way he has been.

I'll be rooting for Chicago tonight, only so we can get the series going Wednesday. But if LA wins tonight and it's starting Saturday anyway, it'll be hard not to root for LA and a chance at home ice.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
This from a Canucks fan:

"lawl bruins sweep with crosby getting shutout

only thing better would've been if both teams blew up and they had to cancel the rest of the playoffs"

This just made me laugh.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I too think it will be Chicago (I think the Kings just aren't getting it done without Richards).

I think Chicago will be an exciting but tough series. I think the Bruins can shut down the Hawks but the Hawks so play defense and can shutdown our top lines-depth scoring is going to be important and frankly our depth in scoring is coming from the defense this year rather than the third line and I don't know how the 4th is going to play without Soup.

I think both coaches are better at adjustments so the series should be interesting.

I am curious to see how Julien matches lines-and pairings.

I also think Rask has got to hold on with his A game-he was downright scary in the Pens series he was so on-which takes me back to my opinion that Rask really wants his name on the cup as the #1 goalie. He was thrilled to be on the team in 2011 but I think for him winning this one will be very sweet.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The craziest storyline to me if we get it done here is the whole 2 Cups in 3 years thing, which the Bruins did in '39 and '41, and '70 and '72. It was something in the back of a lot of Bruins fans minds this year for sure, and to have a legitimate chance to do it again almost seems poetic to me.

hotweaselsoup

Mountain That Glides
Apr 4, 2008
Central MA
Meh, I'm pulling for LA. We've already had the "gritty team versus the offensive juggernaut" story line. I want to see a dog fight next round! Plus Quick v Rask is a goalie duel to salivate over.

Cutielemon07

Chara is Stuck!
May 28, 2013
In my own world
The Penguins were cocky. Fans were cocky. Experts were cocky. Basically everybody thought that the Penguins would win except for the Bruins and Bruins fans, but I'll admit I had my doubts too, doubts that were quickly eradicated after game 1.

The Bruins NEED to win the Stanley Cup... For Boston.

Hey, $10 says that Crosby is curled up in his kitchen, crying and eating chocolate ice cream. ;)

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm really not sure which team I'd rather face. Both teams are scary in their own way. LA/Bruins would be pretty crazy having the last 2 cup winners facing off. I will say I'm eating some crow because during the regular season I had very little faith that the Bruins would be able to do much of anything in the playoffs.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
What happened? I shut the TV off after they were losing 4-1 to the Leafs

:laugh:

Pack your bags, take next flight out to some tropical island for a couple weeks...come back to find the Bruins took the Rags in 5 and swept the Pens to make the Final.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I want to play Chicago solely because of their National Anthem... and all that time zone jazz too.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I want Chitown, mainly because it'd be an incredibly entertaining series. They are worlds better than Pitt. Obviously the O6 matchup is enticing, would be a ratings monster, all the Bobby Orr stuff as a fun sidenote.

Kind've funny that the final 3 teams are the team I follow, and two of three other teams I enjoy watching (Detroit being the third).

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
If Chicago wins, who do nucks fans root for in the finals?

Tough one, but I would say primarily the hawks. Still a lot of Canucks fan who haven't gotten over the loss two years ago. Makaveli is still making videos about the Bruins two years later including one last night after we won. Guy is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad