Pre-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Finals: Boston versus Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
I wasn't confident for New York and Pittsburgh but was very c against Toronto. I'll happily stick with not that confident.

I'll say I'm more confident about beating Chicago then I was about rangers. I'm pretty sure were gonna go through Chicago like butter but ill wait to see non the less.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I'll say I'm more confident about beating Chicago then I was about rangers. I'm pretty sure were gonna go through Chicago like butter but ill wait to see non the less.

I'd love to be on the same page as you, however, isn't CHI a better team than the Rangers in EVERY regard except goaltending?

Better D, offense, speed, skill, character, experience, etc...

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'd love to be on the same page as you, however, isn't CHI a better team than the Rangers in EVERY regard except goaltending?

Yep. And their coach will make adjustments. Torts' focused on telling the media his players sucked. I'm "confident" in the sense that I think the Bruins will win. But I think some people are looking at the sweep and getting way too cocky.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Their speed on defense is what has me concerned the most. Bruins rely on dump and chase for a lot of their offense.. they'll have to scale that back a lot in this series I think.

Republic*

Their speed on defense is what has me concerned the most. Bruins rely on dump and chase for a lot of their offense.. they'll have to scale that back a lot in this series I think.

Yeah... so this is something I've been wondering. How does Chicago's overall speed match up? Does any one have a gauge on how they compare to teams like Tor/NY/MTL?

I think that's the biggest unknown for me re: the Hawks.

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
Yeah... so this is something I've been wondering. How does Chicago's overall speed match up? Does any one have a gauge on how they compare to teams like Tor/NY/MTL?

I was wondering the same too. Going into the series against the rangers we just came off a shaky series but turned it around and quick. I feel better now but didn't begore

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006

I can only guess that's because before NY we were coming off almost blowing a 3-1 lead and going into this we just swept Pittsburgh? I say that because I don't see how NY is a better team than Chicago other than in net.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hawks have some of the worst faceoff numbers we've seen so far in the playoffs. Really wonder if that will continue here. If so that would be amazing. Handzus for example has been totally useless in the dot.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
He got rid of the grey :laugh:

Jagr is a fun interview to listen too.

When he got traded to Boston he asks " you sure you want me ?" :)

He has been fun to watch.

I used to hate Jagr so much back in the early 90's but now I love the guy.

Great beard, great interview, dare I say it great team player.

The 2011 version of Recchi.

I hope he stays with the Bruins but if he leaves I will always remember him for now not then.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
He got rid of the grey :laugh:

Jagr is a fun interview to listen too.

When he got traded to Boston he asks " you sure you want me ?" :)

He has been fun to watch.

He has really bought into what this team is all about. I know when we got him there were a lot of questions about whether he would be the selfish player he was in his early years. Even though he hasn't been contributing with goals as much as I had hoped, it's been a pleasure to watch him here.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'm interested to see how Chicago handles the Bruins cycle game. I was browsing online before the Pens series and an article that was posted on the main board was pretty confident in saying that if the Pen shut down the Bruins cycle game they would win in 5. Obviously this didn't happen and the Bruins cycle game was just a minor part of a myriad of issues for Pitt, but I wonder how it applies in this series.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Hawks have some of the worst faceoff numbers we've seen so far in the playoffs. Really wonder if that will continue here. If so that would be amazing. Handzus for example has been totally useless in the dot.

just checked. holy crap! they are 14th among playoff teams at 47%! they keep that up and that will go a long way to negating quenneville's last change advantage in the 1st 2 games. Something to keep an eye on.

hotweaselsoup

Mountain That Glides
Apr 4, 2008
Central MA
my roommate, who i got into hockey just this year, sent me this, pretty cool :)

(awesome infographic)

The teams are so similar, even their coaches are the same person.

"Claude was the same type of player as Joel,'' Maxner said. "When they were 18, 19 years old, developing from young hockey players into men, both weren't afraid to work hard and lead. I would say they are almost identical as coaches and people.''

ETA: does anyone think that the fact that both teams have atrocious powerplays will make for a relatively dive-free series?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I used to hate Jagr so much back in the early 90's but now I love the guy.

Great beard, great interview, dare I say it great team player.

The 2011 version of Recchi.

I hope he stays with the Bruins but if he leaves I will always remember him for now not then.
Me too

I expected him to me a "Me only" player but he seems to be having as blast. He looks happy. I love how he always pats Marchy on the head. :laugh:

Tomorrow will DRAG by.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A BRUINS BAR in Chicago

www.brendanspubchicago.com

Also in a betting mood is Bruins fan Stephen Hill.

"Well, we can make a little wager right now if you'd like," said Hill.

The Boston native owns Brendan's pub on the North Side, and is a self-proclaimed Bruins' bar.

There's Boston sports memorabilia all over the walls and for each Bruins game, they put this replica Stanley Cup on Hill's car in front of the bar.

ABC7's Eric Horng asks: "How does this car still have wheels on it?"

"Well, so far so good. We'll have a 24 hour watch after every game, I guess," said Hill.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I expected him to me a "Me only" player but he seems to be having as blast. He looks happy. I love how he always pats Marchy on the head. :laugh:

Tomorrow will DRAG by.

Me too, I thought he would be more of a me only player, he kind of started that way, but after a few games he started to pass more once he was put back up on the Bergeron line.

He has to be happy it has been 21 years from the last Cup win he had, and he sure does look happy.

I am calling a nice finals for him, at least 1 goal :laugh:, I truly think he will put everything out there because truly this could be his last chance at the holy grail.

Tomorrow is going to take forever, but at least tomorrow is the day.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

What the Hawks lack in physicality, they make up for in speed....especially on defense. Their breakouts look so effortless compared to what we see around these parts. Seriously, it's a fast moving team that can keep possession and make seamless passes and still maintain that speed.

The Bruins aren't going to want to seek the hits...they're gonna need to anticipate them to take the Hawks off the puck, because if they wait too long, they'll blow right past.

Much like these dudes. Be wary Bruins fans....be wary.

ninjas-demotivational-invisible.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad