Pre-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Finals: Boston versus Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Could just be trying stuff out in practice? Although from what I've read the Hawks change up their lines a lot, can anyone confirm that?

Either way I think Marchand is going to be trolling Kane all series long.

Confirmed. Often without solid basis or justification to boot.

Q isn't a very smart coach and often creates "solutions" to problems that havent' even manifested themsleves yet. Could Chara shut down Toews and Kane to the point Q needs to consider changing the lines? Maybe. But WTF would you anticipate that happening when there is no more reason to think they'd struggle than there is to think they'd be dynamite. That's why you play the game.

Fact is, for whatever reason, Kane plays MUCH better as a whole when paired with Toews. The other players seem to be affected much less (like Saad who's been playing on the 3rd line the last few series) when put with other players. The Bickell - Toews - Kane lines have worked great, as have our 2nd and 3rd pairs so WHY make the change? What's worse is that he's considering dropping Stalberg, who hasn't been THAT bad, with 1 of 2 hacks that bring nothing to the ice (Bollig and Carcillo).

If Q is stupid enough to make these changes, and I believe he is, it goes a LONG WAY in helping you take a game in Chicago. I'm one of the few fans on our board that's hates Quenneville and thinks he's one of the most overrated coaches of all-time. Thankfully, our roster is so good (as it was in 2010) that we're able to win in spite of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad