Post-Game Talk: STANLEY CUP FINAL Tampa Bay is THE WINNER.

Who wins and in how many games?

• Tampa Bay in 4

• TB in 5

• TB in 6

• TB in 7

• Dallas in 4

• Dallas in 5

• Dallas in 6

• Dallas in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Again great rant but not sure who or what you're arguing with.

I'm not even really joking about the Habs, My "point" (insofar that a throwaway GDT joke has a point) is that it's absolutely ridiculous to me to be talking about "size" when the matchup is Tampa vs. Dallas. Hedman is a monster that plays half the game while the rest of their defence are all big and physical with Shattenkirk as their smallest dman at 6'0. Their forward group was plenty big last year and they added Maroon, Schenn, Coleman, Goodrow, and Bogosian in the past year, and it's not like Dallas is really full of bruisers either.

I agree. I also think that another reason TB lost against CBJ were injuries as much as and even more than size. Hedman had a concussion before the playoffs and it was still bothering him and I believe he left in game 2 and never came back. Strålman was also injured and Vasilevsky was not in form,.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I agree. I also think that another reason TB lost against CBJ were injuries as much as and even more than size. Hedman had a concussion before the playoffs and it was still bothering him and I believe he left in game 2 and never came back. Strålman was also injured and Vasilevsky was not in form,.

Kucherov was suspended too

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's not close, it's Hedman. The goalscoring isn't new at all.

Kucherov has 30 points so far including 4 in the finals.

If he can finish with ~35 - and thus 9 in the finals - i think he'll get a very serious look at Smythe. Obviously - Point is right there too.

I agree that Hedman looks good but the Smythe race is still wide open imo.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

If he can finish with ~35 - and thus 9 in the finals - i think he'll get a very serious look at Smythe. Obviously - Point is right there too.

After a recent game, Kucherov stood up and gave a little speech in the locker room saying he cares nothing about how many points he or anyone else gets. He only cares about the team winning the cup. His teammates appreciated it. Nice leadership.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Again great rant but not sure who or what you're arguing with.

I'm not even really joking about the Habs, My "point" (insofar that a throwaway GDT joke has a point) is that it's absolutely ridiculous to me to be talking about "size" when the matchup is Tampa vs. Dallas. Hedman is a monster that plays half the game while the rest of their defence are all big and physical with Shattenkirk as their smallest dman at 6'0. Their forward group was plenty big last year and they added Maroon, Schenn, Coleman, Goodrow, and Bogosian in the past year, and it's not like Dallas is really full of bruisers either.

I was responding to this:
Palat and Point just too big down low for Dallas smurf defence to handle.

Which poked fun at people discussing size. Now, if you were specifically talking about posters you read in a TB vs DAL GDT, then I misunderstood. I discussed on a few occasions how they brought in size.
I thought you were making a general statement as I've read multiple times over the past few weeks here.

So my bad if I misunderstood.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Dallas may win another game, but it's pretty much over, Tampa is winning this.

Great run for Dallas (who thought they'd be there 6 months ago) but they have the same problem Nashville had when they went to the SCF, everything goes trough their defense, the defending of course but pretty much all their offense too. It's just too much for 3 or 4 guys to carry the whole team when these 3-4 guys play the same position.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Hedman's advance stats are unreal and he has made the difference in so many games. Lots of Kucherov contribution is padding. Point is closer with a lot of important points. But Hedman plays 30 mins...

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Hedman's advance stats are unreal and he has made the difference in so many games. Lots of Kucherov contribution is padding. Point is closer with a lot of important points. But Hedman plays 30 mins...

Maybe before the final but Kucherov played a pretty big role in this final. I think he was the mpv in the 2nd game. He had a target on his back and was hit hard couple of time in that game. He answered with two highlight reel passes. Yesterday he scored the first goal and set the tone of the game.

Jul 6, 2016
And how we implicitly chose Drouin over both Radulov and Sergachev.

Drouin was not chosen over Radulov. Drouin was showing good signs of progression after his last Playoffs with TB. They ruined him by asking him to play at center. He had, not only the pressure to play in MTL, but also play at a new position.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Drouin was not chosen over Radulov. Drouin was showing good signs of progression after his last Playoffs with TB. They ruined him by asking him to play at center. He had, not only the pressure to play in MTL, but also play at a new position.
I wouldn't say they "ruined" him. It was only for one year and all of his prior LW habits can't be un-forgotten that easily.

They made the move on they high expectation of his potential at C. They didn't pick him up as just a LW, I doubt even Bergevin is so dumb to not realize which position is far more impactful to a team. The Dman in general does more heavy lifting for a team than a LW can since the Dman has an effect on every line and not just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad