Post-Game Talk: STANLEY CUP FINAL Tampa Bay is THE WINNER.

Who wins and in how many games?

• Tampa Bay in 4

• TB in 5

• TB in 6

• TB in 7

• Dallas in 4

• Dallas in 5

• Dallas in 6

• Dallas in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I doubt we’ll see Stamkos again in this game. But in 3 minutes and 8 seconds of hockey he has as many (or more) goals than all but 4 Habs forwards this playoffs.

Reactions: ArtPeur

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
No way I am giving Danault 5 mil for several years. Danault is a 3rd line center that will put between 30 to 40. If Phil doesn't want to play on the 3rd line at under 4 mil, he can get the f*** out.

Bergevin isn't smart enough to drastically change, let's say 2 years, the dynamic of this team. I doubt he ever will build a contending team.
He missed in the Marleau trade, which is a huge mistake for a team with so much cap space. Bergevin also made a mistake of not trading Tatar at the deadline. The trade would have return a prospect and a 1st, while also sending us to the bottom 6 in the standing and us avoiding participating in the playoffs.

We had cap space leverage that we could have used in coming years with many teams that will struggle financially.

You can't spend 40+ mil on defense and goaltending and if you do you better have a Heiskanen, Carlson or Hedman.

Anyway!
I am high, watching the game and how can anybody possibility think we have a chance to win the cup the next few years.

Jul 6, 2016
No way I am giving Danault 5 mil for several years. Danault is a 3rd line center that will put between 30 to 40. If Phil doesn't want to play on the 3rd line at under 4 mil, he can get the f*** out.

Bergevin isn't smart enough to drastically change, let's say 2 years, the dynamic of this team. I doubt he ever will build a contending team.
He missed in the Marleau trade, which is a huge mistake for a team with so much cap space. Bergevin also made a mistake of not trading Tatar at the deadline. The trade would have return a prospect and a 1st, while also sending us to the bottom 6 in the standing and us avoiding participating in the playoffs.

We had cap space leverage that we could have used in coming years with many teams that will struggle financially.

You can't spend 40+ mil on defense and goaltending and if you do you better have a Heiskanen, Carlson or Hedman.

Anyway!
I am high, watching the game and how can anybody possibility think we have a chance to win the cup the next few years.

Lots of lesser players than Danault are getting paid more than 4M $......

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Palat and Point just too big down low for Dallas smurf defence to handle.
Ya because that's what Habs fan are saying...they don't want a 90+ pt player here because he's small :facepalm:
How are people still using this ridiculous strawman?
Tell me, did anybody here ever dump on Gallagher because of his size?....Right.

Reactions: LaP

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Ya because that's what Habs fan are saying...they don't want a 90+ pt player here because he's small :facepalm:
How are people still using this ridiculous strawman?
Tell me, did anybody here ever dump on Gallagher because of his size?....Right.
I'm not really going after Habs fans, just having a laugh to myself about the "size" narratives as if Dallas is a team of hulking brutes. And the general catch-all narrative that whenever a team loses it's because they're too small.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dallas is a skilled team. Size doesn't matter much when you got skills. It's an old offense but they have one of the strongest top 6 in the league when the guys are playing to their full potential. They also have of of the strongest top 3 at defense. Young top 3 but highly talented. They are where they are because they are skilled and because Colorado doesn't have a goalie. This time they are facing an almost perfect team. You can beat a perfect team as Columbus proved last year but it's never easy. TB will prove Khodobin has nothing to do with Dallas winning. TB will expose him for what he is a number 2 and Dallas will have to score goals to win but against Vasi and TB's top of the line defense wont be easy.

Size matters when you lack skills. TB's bottom 6 got some size. Size matters when your name is Jonathan Laflamme and you play like a middle six guy who doesn't give a flying ****. When you play like Brendan Point or Kucherov it doesn't matter a single bit.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not really going after Habs fans, just having a laugh to myself about the "size" narratives as if Dallas is a team of hulking brutes. And the general catch-all narrative that whenever a team loses it's because they're too small.

Might as well just laugh at yourself then because that's not the narrative thrown around here.
Nobody is saying the Habs lost because we're too small. It's definitely an issue but everyone agrees the team just sucks, or isn't good enough.
Tampa last year was indeed small and the CLB players definitely grinded them out. Guess what, they brought in bigger guys in to compliment their smaller guys. But nobody ever said swap Point with Josh Anderson.

I'll happily bring in Gaudreau. But we can't go forward with him, Gally, Tatar, Domi, Drouin, Byron, Lek, too.
It ain't really hard to understand. There needs to be a balance.
No team reaches the Stanley Cup Final if they don't have enough talent. Both those teams have plenty of it, but they also have size.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Might as well just laugh at yourself then because that's not the narrative thrown around here.
Nobody is saying the Habs lost because we're too small. It's definitely an issue but everyone agrees the team just sucks, or isn't good enough.
Tampa last year was indeed small and the CLB players definitely grinded them out. Guess what, they brought in bigger guys in to compliment their smaller guys. But nobody ever said swap Point with Josh Anderson.

I'll happily bring in Gaudreau. But we can't go forward with him, Gally, Tatar, Domi, Drouin, Byron, Lek, too.
It ain't really hard to understand. There needs to be a balance.
No team reaches the Stanley Cup Final if they don't have enough talent. Both those teams have plenty of it, but they also have size.
Nice rant but I'm not really sure who or what you're arguing with.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Nice rant but I'm not really sure who or what you're arguing with.
I'm arguing against your belief that people generally think teams lose because of a lack of size.
That is a gross exaggeration of what people are actually saying and I've been reading it way too often here so...calling you out on it. Sorry mate.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dallas is a skilled team. Size doesn't matter much when you got skills. It's an old offense but they have one of the strongest top 6 in the league when the guys are playing to their full potential. They also have of of the strongest top 3 at defense. Young top 3 but highly talented. They are where they are because they are skilled and because Colorado doesn't have a goalie. This time they are facing an almost perfect team. You can beat a perfect team as Columbus proved last year but it's never easy. TB will prove Khodobin has nothing to do with Dallas winning. TB will expose him for what he is a number 2 and Dallas will have to score goals to win but against Vasi and TB's top of the line defense wont be easy.

Size matters when you lack skills. TB's bottom 6 got some size. Size matters when your name is Jonathan Laflamme and you play like a middle six guy who doesn't give a flying ****. When you play like Brendan Point or Kucherov it doesn't matter a single bit.

All of their D are 6'1 200pd+.
9 fwds 6'+,

Smallish skilled guys is fine, but you do need roster balance.

Can't have smallish skilled guys and smallish depth guys, ultimately the ability to grind out a deep playoff run (especially after a full regular season) requires some guys who can both absorb and dish out the physical game

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I'm arguing against your belief that people generally think teams lose because of a lack of size.
That is a gross exaggeration of what people are actually saying and I've been reading it way too often here so...calling you out on it. Sorry mate.
Again great rant but not sure who or what you're arguing with.

I'm not even really joking about the Habs, My "point" (insofar that a throwaway GDT joke has a point) is that it's absolutely ridiculous to me to be talking about "size" when the matchup is Tampa vs. Dallas. Hedman is a monster that plays half the game while the rest of their defence are all big and physical with Shattenkirk as their smallest dman at 6'0. Their forward group was plenty big last year and they added Maroon, Schenn, Coleman, Goodrow, and Bogosian in the past year, and it's not like Dallas is really full of bruisers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad