Post-Game Talk: STANLEY CUP FINAL Tampa Bay is THE WINNER.

Who wins and in how many games?

• Tampa Bay in 4

• TB in 5

• TB in 6

• TB in 7

• Dallas in 4

• Dallas in 5

• Dallas in 6

• Dallas in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Sergachev just won the f***ing Stanley Cup as a barely 22 year old defenseman that played around 20 minutes a game... LMFAO! He was key in Tampa’s run and regular season. Another former Hab’s Defenseman also won the cup with Tampa... I don’t see this trend ending.

Lets not trade romanov now

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Developing the picks we have, not rushing them, not telling 1st rounders to be 3rd line goons, more worried about playing da system instead of getting these guys to fix some small liabilities and accelerate the tools they have. We do the opposite, if its a weakness we will hammer it out no matter if it diminishes their other skills considerably. Sometimes you play to their strengths and help them develop as much as you can their not so strong facets. And when you can't do that, do like TB and trade Drouin....I mean a player for something you can work with to improve your team.

One of the best example of that was Ricky Ledee for the Yankees. The Yankees were aiming for a world series. They needed a left fielder. Instead of fielding a vet not good enough they went for this kid who was not really extraordinary but had some potential. He was a bench player for them the year before.

They gave him one complete year and a half to prove he could do the job. When it was evident he would not become the left fielder they needed to win he had build enough reputation (overrated reputation because well the Yanks were fielding him) to be involved in a trade for David Justice and the Yankees won the world series with Justice playing an important role.

That's what we should do with Domi right now. Sell him as a 55-65 points center. We know he'll likely not play a role in our top 6 as a center because of his defensive. We know he's nothing special on the wing. Sell him now as a center go get the help you need. But we wont do that. We will keep icing our not good enough vet wingers and LHD.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Sergachev just won the f***ing Stanley Cup as a barely 22 year old defenseman that played around 20 minutes a game... LMFAO! He was key in Tampa’s run and regular season. Another former Hab’s Defenseman also won the cup with Tampa... I don’t see this trend ending.

The fact some guys around here still try to undermine his accomplishment so far in his young career is mind puzzling. He's one of the youngest Max Kaminsky trophy winner. He won the cup at 22 as the 3rd most used dman of his team. The fact some guys still try to sell him as a not a very good prospect and nobody knew he would be good is 100% ridiculous. He always was one of the top dman prospect and considering his size he always had a tremendous value.

I was not against the trade because i thought MB was all in and he could not find a center and decided to take a risk with Drouin. But when i saw we were not going to sign Radulov and Markov i was like wtf did we do that? Sergachev was Markov replacement.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They earn it, no doubt.

Kucherov : 2011 2nd round pick
Point: 2014 3rd round pick
Cirelli : 2015 3rd round pick
Palat : 2011 7th round pick
Killorn : 2007 3rd round pick
Paquette : 2012 4th round pick
Gourde : Never drafted
Johnson : Never drafted

Hedman : 2nd overall pick
Vasilevsky: 19th overall pick

And this is why I keep laughing when I see people praising Bergevin's drafting squad....and why I'm not a big fan of the idea that we need to suck for a couple of years and draft high like 4 time in order to build a winning team.
All about sound scouting and solid development. Not rocket science. Not sure why LeFebvre was not booted much earlier.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They earn it, no doubt.

Kucherov : 2011 2nd round pick
Point: 2014 3rd round pick
Cirelli : 2015 3rd round pick
Palat : 2011 7th round pick
Killorn : 2007 3rd round pick
Paquette : 2012 4th round pick
Gourde : Never drafted
Johnson : Never drafted

Hedman : 2nd overall pick
Vasilevsky: 19th overall pick

And this is why I keep laughing when I see people praising Bergevin's drafting squad....and why I'm not a big fan of the idea that we need to suck for a couple of years and draft high like 4 time in order to build a winning team.

You forgot Sergachev drafted 9th overall and acquired using a player drafted 3rd overall. You also forgot Stamkos 1st overall. Yes he did not play but he's still part of the team that made the playoffs. He's still a player who can convince an UFA to sign for you and who can help relieve some pressure even when not playing. He's part of the team. They won despite him not playing gratz but if you remove him from the team you can expect in the long term a negative impact. McDo is also a 12th overall pick acquired using a 1st round pick and a prospect drafted in the 1st round.

Their top 5 dmen are

-Hedman 1st overall
-Segachev 9th overall acquired using a player drafted 3rd overall
-McDO 12th overall and acquired using a 1st round pick and a player draftec in the first round and another player drafted in the 2nd round.
-Cernak 2nd round pick (top 45th pick)
-Shattenkirk 14th overall signed UFA maybe he doesn't sign there without the stars players.

Beside nobody ever said you absoluitely have to suck and lose for 30 years to be good. People say you need top 10th overall player. 11th-15th might cut it depending of the year. The way you acquired those doesn't matter at all and nobody ever said once that it did matter. It's very clear we can't get those via the UFA market or via the usual we must make the playoffs trades (which excludes the Patch trade). I'll let you guess which option is remaining.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You forgot Sergachev drafted 9th overall and acquired using a player drafted 3rd overall. You also forgot Stamkos 1st overall. Yes he did not play but he'll still part of the team that made the playoffs. He's still a player who can convince an UFA to sign for you and who can help relieve some pressure even when not playing. He's part of the team. They won despite him not playing gratz but if you remove him from the team you can expect in the long term a negative impact. McDo is also a 12th overall pick acquired using a 1st round pick and a prospect drafted in the 1st round.

Their top 5 dmen are

-Hedman 1st overall
-Segachev 9th overall acquired using a player drafted 3rd overall
-McDO 12th overall and acquired using a 1st round pick and a player draftec in the first round and another player drafted in the 2nd round.
-Cernak 2nd round pick (top 45th pick)
-Shattenkirk 14th overall signed UFA maybe he doesn't sign them without the stars players.

Sergachev, McDo and Shattenkirk they got through trades and Stamkos didn't play in these playoff that's why I didn't include him....he help them getting to the PO but not to win the SC.

MY point being....we don't need to suck for 10 years to get that winning team.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Sergachev, McDo and Shattenkirk they got through trades and Stamkos didn't play in these playoff that's why I didn't include him....he help them getting to the PO but not to win the SC.

MY point being....we don't need to suck for 10 years to get that winning team.

No you don't. But you don't build a team like that by trying to make the playoffs every year which mean you might eventually have to suck to take the right decisions. And TB did. They drafted 1st overall once, 2nd overall once, 3rd overall once, 6th overall once and also 10th overall once between 2008 and 2013. If this is not sucking for multiple years i would like to know what is

You got to make the trades looking in the future instead of the present if you are not a cup contender which we never do outside of a few exception like the Patch trade. We always look in the present and this will never work. Signing key UFA when you can barely make the playoffs is super hard. UFA players want to win. Acquiring skilled players for spare parts cause you are afraid that maybe you might suck if you trade Domi will never work either. We are afraid to miss the playoffs and this is why we will never win.

Reactions: admiralcadillac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad