Post-Game Talk: STANLEY CUP FINAL Tampa Bay is THE WINNER.

Who wins and in how many games?

• Tampa Bay in 4

• TB in 5

• TB in 6

• TB in 7

• Dallas in 4

• Dallas in 5

• Dallas in 6

• Dallas in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
No way a veteran, uber-talented team that has beaten Colorado and Vegas should be a real underdog.
The Lightning have not overwhelmed any team they've faced this year, and they won't do it to Dallas either.
Should go seven games...

IF Stamkos comes back, he should only play on the power play. That's it. I wouldn't play him in any other situation.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Who just did the american anthem? It didn't sound like your average anthem singer.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
lol I'm kinda annoyed that the "Final" graphic on the ice is not in plural form haha. I don't know why they don't just put a "s" at the end, everyone says finals lol

Reactions: Electricity

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tampa in 5. Dallas goaltending will come back to earth and it’ll be a shooting gallery with snipers.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Last time i checked the draft will be arround oct 6 and as for the new season i heard dec 1st or Jan 1st .Nothing is set in stone for the new season yet , they are speculating.

They still want to play 82 games , but it's looking more and more like a 60 + season, with alot of back to back and 3 games in 4 nights

I understand the NHL needs to compress the season, but multiple 3 in 4s is looking for injury problems. The last thing the NHL should want is for top players to be unable to participate in the playoffs. It's a gamble which may look reckless after a few months.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I understand the NHL needs to compress the season, but multiple 3 in 4s is looking for injury problems. The last thing the NHL should want is for top players to be unable to participate in the playoffs. It's a gamble which may look reckless after a few months.

I dont like it either and you're 100% correct with the injuries problem. They are looking for trouble but looks like it's the game plan they are going for , no matter what . This is why we traded for Jake Allen, we are gonna play a lot of game in a short period of time.

If it was up to me i would copy the lockout season of 95 and go with 45-50 games

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Stars in 7. No Stamkos, Hedman I think is playing with a knee issue, Point has a groin issue. Stars are tough to play against and don't lose faceoffs. Size matters.
Tampa was the 7th heaviest team in the league at the beginning of the season and have since added Coleman, Goodrow, Bogosian, and Maroon.

Idk the Stars are a big team but so are Tampa and I don't see how that's going to be an x factor here. The smallest TB dman is Shattenkirk at 6'0 and Hedman is a monster and plays half the game.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I dont like it either and you're 100% correct with the injuries problem. They are looking for trouble but looks like it's the game plan they are going for , not matter what . This is why we traded for Jake Allen, we are gonna play a lot of game in a short period of time.

If it was up to me i would copy the lockout season of 95 and go with 45-50 games

I agree with you, but clearly recouping some of the lost revenues is the priority of the NHL and owners.

We're quite possibly seeing the beginning of a second wave of covid already, so I wouldn't be at all shocked if things go quickly awry with the plans for the 20 - 21 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad