Pre-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final: New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers5000

Apr 30, 2012
i was wanting to face chicago

but now i feel la might be the better matchup
they have played 21 games, and the travel in this series have been pretty brutal

and if they win, they will have to fly again back home, and only have 1 day off, then fly again back to new york in a few days

chicago wins they stay home and enjoy easy travel rest of the way

*Bob Richards*

Stanley Cup Finals

Even with our opponent unknown until tonight, we'll just talk about it here.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'll catch the 1st and 3rd. GOT break during the 2nd. :naughty:

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
i was wanting to face chicago

but now i feel la might be the better matchup
they have played 21 games, and the travel in this series have been pretty brutal

and if they win, they will have to fly again back home, and only have 1 day off, then fly again back to new york in a few days

chicago wins they stay home and enjoy easy travel rest of the way

LA would be hosting game 1. They had more points than the Rangers.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Hoping for a Hawks win.

The finals will be like the Indy 500 on ice. LGR!!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
At this point I'm hoping for Chicago, just so I don't have to hear the ******* Cartman "Go Kings Go" 15 times per away game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Does anybody know if games in Chicago would be at 9 ET or 8 ET? I know that games in LA will be 9 ET for sure.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I'd rather Chicago because my Uncle is a die hard Hawks fan, but really, any team we face is fine. We can beat either one of them. I'm just elated and grateful that we even got this far.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'd rather Chicago because my Uncle is a die hard Hawks fan, but really, any team we face is fine. We can beat either one of them. I'm just elated and grateful that we even got this far.

Was it me or did the Kings looked gassed by the end of the 3rd period in game 6? If they somehow manage to beat the Hawks tonight I really find it tough that they'll be able to beat us 4x in a 7 game series.

That being said the NHL threw the West Coast team a bone by spreading game the time from game 7 to game 2 through 6 days. Fatigue may be overblown in this scenario.

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
Was it me or did the Kings looked gassed by the end of the 3rd period in game 6? If they somehow manage to beat the Hawks tonight I really find it tough that they'll be able to beat us 4x in a 7 game series.

That being said the NHL threw the West Coast team a bone by spreading game the time from game 7 to game 2 through 6 days. Fatigue may be overblown in this scenario.
idk I feel like all the Kings need is a 2 day rest and they'll be good to go again.
They just seem like that freight train type of team with all that depth.

I'm just hoping both teams can just kill each other tonight anyway though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He's much more familiar with the Kings and Hawks than Sutter/Quenneville are with the Rangers, that's for sure.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 2m
AV says regardless of whether the Rangers face the Kings or Blackhawks in Cup final, he's very familiar with either.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV knows both Chicago and LA very well. Vancouver played both of those teams in the playoffs from 2010-2012. VAN lost to Chicago in 2010. They beat Chicago in 2011. They lost to LA in 2012. The personnel hasn't changed at all in LA. Chicago still has their main players from their first Cup.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Vaporization

The Rangers have a brilliant goaltender in Henrik Lundqvist and a terrific No. 1 defenseman in Ryan McDonagh. They have rallied behind Martin St. Louis, whose mother died during the second round of the playoffs. They have stumbled into favorable matchups, and they have taken advantage.

Really, though, they are nothing special. The Rangers look like the 2002 Carolina Hurricanes, the 2006 Edmonton Oilers or the 2012 New Jersey Devils. I would bet on their vaporization in the championship round, whether it is at the hands of Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks or Carter and Gaborik. I would prefer the former, though.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...ifficult-watching-ex-jackets-in-playoffs.html

This Arace guy is the same guy who thought Columbus was getting McDonagh and every asset they wanted for Nash. Aaron Portzline and Arace thought Nash was a difference maker. Nash has been a passenger on the bus.

As much I hate the Devils,they lost the first games in the 2012 in OT. Bounce of the puck and its a different story.

Edmonton lost in seven games to Carolina.

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
I want to play Chicago because I will be in Chicago during game 7 BC of my little brothers graduation and may have bought myself a game 7 ticket :)

Wolfy*

LA would be hosting game 1. They had more points than the Rangers.

Yeah the Rangers will play game 1 and 2 on the road no matter who the opponent is, both had more points.

The 4 hrs flight back and forth to LA is crap, but it goes for both teams.

Chicago could be easier, but they are the defending champion, a momentum for sure. LA is probably more entertaining. Same for me..

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Vaporization

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...ifficult-watching-ex-jackets-in-playoffs.html

This Arace guy is the same guy who thought Columbus was getting McDonagh and every asset they wanted for Nash. Aaron Portzline and Arace thought Nash was a difference maker. Nash has been a passenger on the bus.

As much I hate the Devils,they lost the first games in the 2012 in OT. Bounce of the puck and its a different story.

Edmonton lost in seven games to Carolina.

Edmonton likely wins if Roloson doesn't go down or at least Conklin doesn't f up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad