Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I did not feel like Vegas size was an issue it was more positioning. We also were slower to get the puck out of our defensive zone. Most of this is correctable. Chucky has to have better presence on the net. He stopped getting into trouble and played more minutes when he just played hockey.

Did Verhege even take a shot last night ?
We hit the post 3 times bad puckluck but we need to get more aggressive at the net.
Bob played decently but Vegas knows to go top shelf on him he must recognize this.
And we can’t let these guys have the middle of the ice open we have to close that down. They thrive on open long shots. We must create space on offense. Vegas is trying to win the forechecking dynamic but that can be ominous if you aim for that too high. We are just a bit slower and they are a bit faster in every phase yet we are a fast team when we get in gear we must get in gear faster.
Only one goal was top shelf ?

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
I just hope we make a series out of it. I had picked us in 7. But even if we lose I’d be more than proud. Just take it the distance and honestly, at that point , anything could happen.
Still believe in this team, we were not gonna win like 13 in a row in the playoffs. But at least now they got a feel for Vegas. Adjustments will be made. I’m really hoping Gudas and Luostar can get healthy for game 2. We did some good things in the game and some things just completely took us out. Refs in the NHL are just so bad and I’m talking both ways it’s not just against us. Anyway, we’re getting a taste of what Carolina had by hitting a bunch of posts and insane save by Hill. It happens, it’s now our turn but the important thing is to get beyond that and weather that storm. Let’s bounce back next game and things will be different.
Am I the only one who is more impressed with Cousins's incapability to bury that? I had a situation exactly like that in juniors more than 15 years ago and got yelled at so bad about the lazy finish and I never ever made a mistake like that again and I still remember it like yesterday. That should not be a save by any means and Cousins just made the save look spectacular with that half assed golf put.

Reactions: Vilam and Great8Cam

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Special teams the difference. I expected a loss after that long of a layoff. Can’t win every game 2-1. Team will have to start creating chances for once after creating almost nothing for 2 straight series.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Observations I had last night while at my cousin's watch party:

Panthers hit three posts

One goal against was a bad screen by Duke. Another goal against was a bad turnover by Chucky.
Easy fixes.

Absolutely love love LOVE how the Panthers roughed them up at the end of the game last night. I would think they didn't get any suspension, so the message was sent.

Last I checked, a series isn't won after one game, you got to win four.

Reactions: Vilam and PSLguy

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Special teams the difference. I expected a loss after that long of a layoff. Can’t win every game 2-1. Team will have to start creating chances for once after creating almost nothing for 2 straight series.

Welcome back! Nice to see you here after a loss!

• Haha
Reactions: iam76 and KW

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
Am I the only one who is more impressed with Cousins's incapability to bury that? I had a situation exactly like that in juniors more than 15 years ago and got yelled at so bad about the lazy finish and I never ever made a mistake like that again and I still remember it like yesterday. That should not be a save by any means and Cousins just made the save look spectacular with that half assed golf put.
Not sure why the f*** you wouldn’t RIP it to ensure it goes in. Real f***ing lazy on his part.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
A few things:

Duclair was part of reason for 2nd VGK goal against, he blocked a shot earlier on in said shift but was too soft on Theodore who had free reign to walk blue line.
In saying that, Dukes offense is coming around.
Wondering if Zito will move him for picks or just burn the final year, hoping we get an inspired Duke that helps boost his offense back to 2021-22 rate, since he's a UFA earning his next deal (elsewhere).

That Cousins open net miss changes the game along with a couple hit posts and costly turnovers, the PP will have to find a way and adjust, this will be one of the key factors in edging out the fine details of winning the Cup/series.

Officiating seemed to be very reactionary last night, that 2nd call on Mahura was horrible, thankfully that one didn't bite us.
Continued to be impressed by VGKs 4th line, hoping Zito can build one for next season, with or without E. Staal back.

Monday can't come soon enough.
I still BELIEVE!

Reffing did bite us, when leading ghost calls came from left and right. You cant count one individual call out, it still wears team out.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Guys like Barkov and Eckblad have seen the struggles been hard to get to the mountain top. These two have to show up tommorrow night in a big way. Guys will follow but they need to lead do you want to be very good or do you want to be where few men get in their sports careers. Chucky is a new Florida Panther and probably will get to the mountain top with the cats one day but Barky and Ecky have a pretty long history with this hockey club one that will be judged by how they got to the top of their mountain or did not.

Reactions: Egblad

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Guys like Barkov and Eckblad have seen the struggles been hard to get to the mountain top. These two have to show up tommorrow night in a big way. Guys will follow but they need to lead do you want to be very good or do you want to be where few men get in their sports careers. Chucky is a new Florida Panther and probably will get to the mountain top with the cats one day but Barky and Ecky have a pretty long history with this hockey club one that will be judged by how they got to the top of their mountain or did not.
Barkov is 27, Tkachuk 25. Both have some runway left but these opportunities don’t come by often, so they should both, and their team mates, crush the knights and send hill billy packing.

Reactions: Vilam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Heat did their job; our turn.
I hope they watched, and heard what Chuck Barkley said about Denver coming out flat after a long lay over and how Denver is playing like it’s a regular season game. Yeah, hope THEY continue to give Heat a chance, but hope WE change course and take it to the Knights and put them out of their misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad