Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G1: Caps @ Knights | 5/28/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
Vegas has actually figured out how to forged actual home ice advantage. Home ice advantage in hockey used to be one of the most overrated things in hockey, I mean not since the boards in Detroit has it ever actual meant something, enter Las Vegas. These guys have been playing in this puddle for months, they know how the puck moves and bounces, they know how to skate on it, how embarrassing that in a national broadcast the NHL has to bring on multiple guys with fire extinguishers to fix the ice. We've watch outdoor games in California with better ice.
this. it's pond hockey just before the thaw. i'm glad the caps started to just dump the puck to center, as the passes weren't connecting. it actually helps fleury a lot, as he struggles with a quick pass into a one timer. there won't be many of those in 4 of the 7 games in this series. it also makes me wonder about tipping the puck... does it count as a double deflection when the ice has randomly changed the direction of the puck?

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
An overlooked aspect is the fact that the game started at 5 pacific time. That messes up the Caps whole schedule, which is why they played better late

Game 2 should be better for us and games 3 and 4 should throw Vegas off too

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What ever the outcome will be, this series will help BMAC with roster decisions in the off season and the need to be faster in the bottom 6 as well.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
And that Perron left the bench to go after Ovechkin .

Was he a 6th man? Or was it just a regular line change, and then cross checked Ovi?

I know they changed the rules about starting a fight before a puck drop after a line change. Otherwise committing a minor after leaving the bench on a line change is legal IIANM.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
We just need to defend properly and we'll beat this gang no problem. We're better than they are, it's clear as day. I think we win the next 3, maybe lose one then close it out in 6.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
People are arguing whether an otherwise clean hit by Wilson was .1 seconds late. Unreal.

Reactions: calicapsfan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ask how many people think Girardi should have been suspended for his on Ovechkin, and what people think the difference is between Girardi's hit and Wilson's hit.

There's no consistency. Just biased fan agendas.

And seriously, I can understand the reaction others have to Wilson. He plays on the edge and any rival fan is going to hate him. But he's our edgelord, dammit. It's either over the line or it isn't. All this whining is just an annoyance.

Reactions: Heath

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
FWIW, this is how I see it too:

It was late enough to deserve 2 minutes but no injury and no other infraction (head contact, jumping, boarding, etc.) should lead to nothing further. Perron likely won't get anything either as IMO the NHL is likely going to say it was debatable whether he jumped on the ice to "start an incident." I personally don't care one way or another about Perron getting suspended. What I do care about are the egregious non-calls all night by the referees, especially the Reaves cross-check and Orlov getting punched in the head. It's one thing if these happened away from the play in a spot where the refs might not reasonably be paying attention to, but these occurred right near the puck. It's embarrassing.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Joanette was one of the ref. **** him
and the other one was the clown mccauley. he should work in the wwe and not in the nhl.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’m up in the air on Perron. On one hand he hasn’t been a very good player and I’d be fine with Vegas keeping him in the lineup. On the other hand, he is a major d-bag and does some dirty shit. Wouldn’t but it past him that he saw Willy’s hit and immediately saw Ovechkin and jumped on the ice to give him that cross check last night.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’m also fine with the refs putting their whistles in their pocket. But, the NHL is all about player safety this year and there were a lot of questionable plays last night. Letting Reeves run around like an idiot against Kuzy scares me, especially after that first altercation where he immediately went after Kuzy’s face/head. That can’t happen and it definitely can’t happen to Kuznetsov of all people

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Another game like that and I’d consider sitting DSP for anyone who can skate better. He’s been an animal for us so far but his lack of foot speed was glaring in that one especially on that ice. Just food for thought. Trotz has to stay proactive and aggressive. Other than that just clean it up and clear the crease/zone and we’ve got a good shot...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think the league tossed us a bone by not reviewing/suspending Willy. Out of guilt of course, for not waving off the tying goal after the cross check. I thought we would get a call next game, but I think we just got it.

Reaves +2 and their 4th line was a problem. He roughed up and ripped Kuzy's helmet off, tying up both he and Orpik behind the play. Cross checked Carlson to the ice without a moments hesitation. The league has traditionally buried their whistles for the finals in their entirety, correct?

Whatever Reaves gets away with, we have to do the same type of stuff. Starting with cross checking at every chance but especially in front of our net. And theirs.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad