Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G1: Caps @ Knights | 5/28/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Knights will keep scoring those ''lucky'' goals and before you know it, the series is over. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep getting the first PP every game.

PS: Burakovsky was garbage last night.

The Caps scored 2 of those lucky gials too. They are not lucky as much as a biproduct of a style of play. Now, letting Reaves get away with crosschecking Carlson. Another story entirely. That was lucky for V.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Last one I remember was BB. He'd go nuts. But that's a long time ago already.

His face was red the whole time anyways so I think it hurt his effectiveness trying to play pissed with the officials.

So Vegas has been copying the Pitt interference formula. We need to cheat too - stop crying about a lack of calls, and be fearing a f***ing minor. Push the limits dammit. Dictate play and start taking control physically. We can only sit back and watch non calls costing us games, for so long. The way I see it the time is now. And that foot is Ovi. Maybe he will Gill someone.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
So Vegas has been copying the Pitt interference formula. We need to cheat too - stop crying about a lack of calls, and be fearing a ****ing minor. Push the limits dammit. Dictate play and start taking control physically. We can only sit back and watch non calls costing us games, for so long. The way I see it the time is now. And that foot is Ovi. Maybe he will Gill someone.
Check Engelland into Flower and let the puck roll into the net. I like it! [typical Caps luck, goal will be waved off]

Reactions: RandyHolt

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
This playoffs I can usually tell when the Caps are on their game because their defensemen have the presence to gather themselves and make that flip play...even better when a forward is trying to get loose for it. It tells me they're not just blindly flinging the puck around the boards which is a default behavior under pressure.

Kuzy is able to skate through the Vegas defense half the time but most of the rest of the team needs to be looking for the space being vacated by the rotating forecheckers. Vegas does this in all 3 zones. Two players will converge on the puck and a third will sag or cheat to the most obvious outlet area, looking for a turnover. When they do this in their offensive zone they can quickly turn the turnover into a scoring chance because the forecheckers are always looking to attack the net, slot, or wing.

Nobody has figured out how to beat this yet but it would seem the obvious answer is for the players without the puck to be watching for these movements and making themselves obviously available in the vacated areas, or as you said, just air-mailing it over the entire bunch.

Leafs fan here. I sure hope you guys win. Hopefully you guys have players that can play as crazy as Darcy Tucker did. If two VGK pressure the D to one side, have a guy that's batshit crazy enough to get enough steam (without being called for charging) and just floor that other player trying to seal off the outlet. When you hit them enough, you scare them. When they're scared, you win. Boston did a damn good job of it in the first two games against the Leafs in this year's playoffs. You guys definitely have the physical factor. Use it. Just pound the crap out of them, then add salt in the wound by having a player blow a kiss at Reeves on every single goal scored.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt and g00n

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The thing they need to stop is giving up those answer goals 1-2 minutes after they score. Pens did that in 16,17 and it killed them. They must hold the fort after they score.

Reactions: Paddis

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
“It is absolutely ludicrous,” Milbury said on NBC Sports Network’s postgame show. “This is like a receiver in football, pushing down his defensive back in the end zone and catching the touchdown pass by himself. It’s just unforgivable. You’ve got two officials, one you can see right there — make the call. You have to make the call. It’s the turning point in the game. This is just not right at all. If you’re a Washington fan or John Carlson and you think you got bagged, you did. You got sandbagged right here. He’s got every right to be this angry at officials who missed it.” Quotes are from the Washington Post article yesterday.NBC’s Mike Milbury rips officials for ‘unforgivable’ missed call in Caps’ Game 1 loss

Then you have Aaron Ward former NHL player noting on his twitter account "If they’d have huddled on the Reaves goal, they wouldn’t have had to huddle on Wilson hit because the frustration level wouldn’t be where it is. Late hit by Wilson but between Engelland lumberjacking the whole game, Tuch elbow to Orlov head and Reaves crosscheck-goal..I get it."

Then listening to XM-Sirius radio show with Scott Laughlin and former NHL player Patrick O'Sullivan followed up his twitter account remarks "That’s a penalty for me because it creates a scoring chance but the those two guys who called that game last night are notorious for letting stuff like that go". On the radio O'Sullivan was more vocal about the non call and blamed the referees (McCauley and Joanette, who are two of the four referees selected for the finals). By the way McCauley and Joanette were also the referee team for Game 5 of the Caps/Bolts series where only one penalty was called and that was an early holding call against Connolly. McCauley did game 7 against the Bolts and obviously saw nothing wrong with the Paquette hit on Orpik. These two are a disgrace and should not be allowed to do anymore games in this series and you basically have three former NHL players come out and say the same.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Mibury seems to be regretting selling the league's B.S at long last. "Shoe-bury" needs to tell it as it is!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
“It is absolutely ludicrous,” Milbury said on NBC Sports Network’s postgame show. “This is like a receiver in football, pushing down his defensive back in the end zone and catching the touchdown pass by himself. It’s just unforgivable. You’ve got two officials, one you can see right there — make the call. You have to make the call. It’s the turning point in the game. This is just not right at all. If you’re a Washington fan or John Carlson and you think you got bagged, you did. You got sandbagged right here. He’s got every right to be this angry at officials who missed it.” Quotes are from the Washington Post article yesterday.NBC’s Mike Milbury rips officials for ‘unforgivable’ missed call in Caps’ Game 1 loss

Then you have Aaron Ward former NHL player noting on his twitter account "If they’d have huddled on the Reaves goal, they wouldn’t have had to huddle on Wilson hit because the frustration level wouldn’t be where it is. Late hit by Wilson but between Engelland lumberjacking the whole game, Tuch elbow to Orlov head and Reaves crosscheck-goal..I get it."

Then listening to XM-Sirius radio show with Scott Laughlin and former NHL player Patrick O'Sullivan followed up his twitter account remarks "That’s a penalty for me because it creates a scoring chance but the those two guys who called that game last night are notorious for letting stuff like that go". On the radio O'Sullivan was more vocal about the non call and blamed the referees (McCauley and Joanette, who are two of the four referees selected for the finals). By the way McCauley and Joanette were also the referee team for Game 5 of the Caps/Bolts series where only one penalty was called and that was an early holding call against Connolly. McCauley did game 7 against the Bolts and obviously saw nothing wrong with the Paquette hit on Orpik. These two are a disgrace and should not be allowed to do anymore games in this series and you basically have three former NHL players come out and say the same.
Post this on the mains, and all you'll hear about is Wilson's "slew foot" on Maata. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad