Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champions @ Twinless Canucks 10:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
You would be correct and judging by that game I would understand. He constantly fumbles the puck, misses or chooses not to shoot when he is in prime chances and is just offensively challenged in general.

He still ended up with enough minutes but Silky is most likely correct.
View attachment 149119
I noticed it already in the morning when I saw the scoreboard and Ovi getting points with 77 and 19 on the same goals.and the when I watched the game, I had the same feeling.

At least it's not an injury.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Stephenson is a step slow in his decision making. Several times this year he has had the puck on the wing and had to bring it around the net because he couldn't decide quick enough what to do with the puck. I think he belongs on the fourth line but with Burakovsky playing poorly it is hard to move 65 up to the first or second line.

Reactions: AtNightWeFly

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Stephenson is a step slow in his decision making. Several times this year he has had the puck on the wing and had to bring it around the net because he couldn't decide quick enough what to do with the puck. I think he belongs on the fourth line but with Burakovsky playing poorly it is hard to move 65 up to the first or second line.

He’s the perfect utility type to move around in spot duty, but I think right now he’s best in a 4th line role where he can dominate the guy standing across from him most nights. Only a 2nd year guy...still an unfinished product development-wise IMO.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Oh yeah. Any chance to complain is a chance neither miss out on. His latest stunt I saw a few times last year is to dive at an oppositions shins/knees pretending to desperately play a puck where he already has position.

hqdefault.jpg
Opps, how did my knee end up in your spine?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’d consider putting 65 at 1 RW as a kind of make or break shot. If he can’t make hay with 8 and 92 that’s it for him.

What if he's only good with our 2 best guys? How good are you really if that's the case? Worth keeping?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What if he's only good with our 2 best guys? How good are you really if that's the case? Worth keeping?

I’m struggling to find a scenario where he’s worth keeping at $3.25M next season (his minimum qualifying offer). There’s too much of a logjam in the top 6 wings with Vrana emerging as a clear superior option and Wilson taking the next step in his development into being a difference maker in the offensive end.

Their best option at this point is to ride Burakovsky out this season as a rental, or trade him if he gets hot for a few weeks and a good deal presents itself. He’ll need to be replaced by a decent top 9 winger next season but it’s something they should be able to address.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Decent top-9 winger is here already in a form of Stephenson (at least his playoff self).

So Bura is a luxury we can still hold for some time.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Fair point. I’d say, it’s worthwhile in a few ways:
1. Fills the void while 43 is suspended
2. Boosts 65’s trade value
3. Potentially boosts 65’s confidence enough that he could be useful elsewhere, at least for a while

... And I had a fourth one that I can’t remember now. Oh well. :wally:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He’s the perfect utility type to move around in spot duty, but I think right now he’s best in a 4th line role where he can dominate the guy standing across from him most nights. Only a 2nd year guy...still an unfinished product development-wise IMO.
Stephenson has defense first mindset. Ive noticed when he has the puck quite often he hesitates and misses out on a chance to take a shot or make a pass. Seems like he is afraid to make a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad