Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champions @ Twinless Canucks 10:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Could be they have him on bottom lines when he’s a top 6 guy. Eller is good - but he’s not an assist guy. Eller is a goal scorer.

Good problem to have we have a top 6 talent not able to play in top 6

I think you're being very kind to Bura. If he was a top 6 guy I'd at least expect some impressive individual plays / goals by him, and I'm not seeing that.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Hey if playing no defense and scoring 5 a night is how they want to deal with post cup doldrums more power to them
Tonight was a better all round game. They were solid in the defensive zone other than a stretch at the beginning of the 2nd period.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
We are riding our top guys to win the games for now and its fine. Actually, its encouraging. Great to see top guys arent just ”comfortable” with their rings and paychecks. Rest of the team will follow eventually.

1) ”Hangover”.
2) New coach. Even that Reirden is old face, it still takes time to adapt to the tweaks he wants to drive in.
3) Slow starts. Im actually not sure, but gut feeling is that we have started the season slow for some years now (except the one where we won president trophy in early december). We will be fine doing our thing when the hot takes get cold and every other team isnt riding the wave.

4-2-2 isnt a bad start by all means. Back to back!!

Tonight DSP was mr invisible. Vrana looks better with Eller. Bura might still have a role as a grinder if he doesnt find his scoring touch. Jaskin isnt bad, but still figuring out why. I liked Orpik, again. We need Willy back to punch guys like Roussel.

Backyyyyy! 600 baby.

Mr team first passes to a struggling concussionhistoried veteran instead of completing hattrick to the empty netter. Thats captain-level five thousand.

Miss you Beags, have a good one in Vancouver.

Nice way to start the road trip.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
We are riding our top guys to win the games for now and its fine. Actually, its encouraging. Great to see top guys arent just ”comfortable” with their rings and paychecks. Rest of the team will follow eventually.

1) ”Hangover”.
2) New coach. Even that Reirden is old face, it still takes time to adapt to the tweaks he wants to drive in.
3) Slow starts. Im actually not sure, but gut feeling is that we have started the season slow for some years now (except the one where we won president trophy in early december). We will be fine doing our thing when the hot takes get cold and every other team isnt riding the wave.

4-2-2 isnt a bad start by all means. Back to back!!

Tonight DSP was mr invisible. Vrana looks better with Eller. Bura might still have a role as a grinder if he doesnt find his scoring touch. Jaskin isnt bad, but still figuring out why. I liked Orpik, again. We need Willy back to punch guys like Roussel.

Backyyyyy! 600 baby.

Mr team first passes to a struggling concussionhistoried veteran instead of completing hattrick to the empty netter. Thats captain-level five thousand.

Miss you Beags, have a good one in Vancouver.

Nice way to start the road trip.

This time last season 4-3-1
So you could say this season they are 1 point better than last season :)

Reactions: calicapsfan

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They looked pretty good last night. Can't believe I watched the whole thing. I hate West Coast trips with a passion. I'm feeling it this morning.

Also Carlson has as many points as Ovi and Kuz.

Reactions: calicapsfan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just looked at the Caps stat page. Burakovsky. 8 games 0 g 0a 0pts -7. That is awful. Tom Wilson is the only thing that has kept him in the lineup.

Reactions: searle

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Ya but we just lost to Florida and barely beat the Rangers. Just shows how even the teams are in the league now. You can't take any teams for granted.

Agreed, but there are some teams you SHOULD get points against ALMOST all the time.

I also don’t count shootouts as real losses. ;)

smd333

May 2, 2012
Just looked at the Caps stat page. Burakovsky. 8 games 0 g 0a 0pts -7. That is awful. Tom Wilson is the only thing that has kept him in the lineup.
I'll always appreciate Burakovsky for the game 7 in Tampa but I moved on from him a long time ago.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Agreed, but there are some teams you SHOULD get points against ALMOST all the time.

I also don’t count shootouts as real losses. ;)
I agree that shoot outs aren't real losses.
I dont think you are giving team like the Canucks enough credit. Before last nights game they had more points than the Caps did.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

They need to give him three more games and then swap him out for Gersich. Yes, even if it means sending him to Hershey to try to save his career.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad