Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champions @ 1 Stanley Cup Champion and 22 Non Stanley Cup Champions 9:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I wonder if they are going to match Kuznetsov against McDavid like they did in the past. I'd probably keep Backstrom has the shutdown center even if there is a huge speed disparity between him and McDavid mainly because Backstrom's line is a more solid possession line than the Kuznetsov line and no matter who you throw out against McDavid you are going to be at a disadvantage in transition, so you might as well try to keep the puck as much as possible.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I wonder if they are going to match Kuznetsov against McDavid like they did in the past. I'd probably keep Backstrom has the shutdown center even if there is a huge speed disparity between him and McDavid mainly because Backstrom's line is a more solid possession line than the Kuznetsov line and no matter who you throw out against McDavid you are going to be at a disadvantage in transition, so you might as well try to keep the puck as much as possible.

Ehh match them against Kuzis line and let Ovi crush superstar a few times and show him what real hockey is all about

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Unable to watch this one...have to get bail money for mom again.

I expect a thorough and mild-mannered debate when I check later...

6-2 Capitals

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Unable to watch this one...have to get bail money for mom again.

Uh, let's back the truck up here..........

980x.gif

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Edmonton is having similar issues with Jesse Puljujarvi as we are with Burakovsky. I'd be up for a swap.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Edmonton is having similar issues with Jesse Puljujarvi as we are with Burakovsky. I'd be up for a swap.

Puljujarvi just turned 20 and has a higher pedigree than Burakovsky. No chance they would agree to swap him for Burakovsky.

His rookie season was last year. Burakovsky's rookie season was 4 years ago.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Victim blaming Kuznetsov's line is stupid and you are stupid for posting this.

#boom

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Man, DSP as 1RW is uninspiring... although it makes sense in a way -- trying to find effective combos for the other lines, while simply waiting for Wilson to come back.

Reactions: Silky mitts

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Puljujarvi just turned 20 and has a higher pedigree than Burakovsky. No chance they would agree to swap him for Burakovsky.

I know that. Wishful thinking. But you realize people said the same thing about Burakovsky at that age.
BTW Puljujarvi was a rookie 2 seasons ago. He played enough games that season. Last season he was a sophomore.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Assuming Puljujarvi makes sense as a target... if Edmonton is involved, it's worth a try. Let BMac sell some championship pedigree to those poor bastards. Throw something in. Ovi's championship socks+.

Off-topic, the Oilers are mind-boggling to me. I generally wish Canadian teams well, but how many goddamn prime 1st round draft picks does it take to build a strong playoff team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad