Finland
Hw4R3fM.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ain't nothin' gonna top 2001 in my eyes. Watching Ray lift that Cup will forever be my ultimate moment as a sports fan.

That said, 2022 was a wild ride and one of the most dominant runs I've ever seen. They lost a total of FOUR games. And practically the whole time they had a goalie with one fully functional eye.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Ain't nothin' gonna top 2001 in my eyes. Watching Ray lift that Cup will forever be my ultimate moment as a sports fan.

That said, 2022 was a wild ride and one of the most dominant runs I've ever seen. They lost a total of FOUR games. And practically the whole time they had a goalie with one fully functional eye.
Are we sure it was fully functional, though?

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Epic GDT

Poll is hard...

I remember my parents made me go to bed when Game 4 went to overtime in 96 and I snuck a radio into bed so I could listen to it (I was maybe 8??) and I remember going bonkers

2001 was magical - I thought we were cooked when Foppa went down and then again after game 5, but it was destiny

Last year though? Man that had to be one of the most dominate cup runs I can remember. If we had a goalie with 2 eyes we might not have lost more than 2 games. Not sure I can pick

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'll always remember where I was when uh... Gaborik scored that goal against... you know, the guy. That team they beat. What a rush!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Very disrespectful to call the team from the State Of Hockey™ the "other team", please show the team from State Of Hockey™ more respect from now on

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Epic GDT

Poll is hard...

I remember my parents made me go to bed when Game 4 went to overtime in 96 and I snuck a radio into bed so I could listen to it (I was maybe 8??) and I remember going bonkers

2001 was magical - I thought we were cooked when Foppa went down and then again after game 5, but it was destiny

Last year though? Man that had to be one of the most dominate cup runs I can remember. If we had a goalie with 2 eyes we might not have lost more than 2 games. Not sure I can pick

What shit ass parents you have!!

Some things are bigger than math class in the morning.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
What shit ass parents you have!!
Haha yeah they didn't play around with bedtimes and they didn't care for sports so it didn't mean much to them. To my dad's credit he did come in and tell me they won when he saw it on the news later, and I'm like yeah I know :laugh:

Imagine a first round victory being the highlight of a franchise that’s been around for two decades!!
I'll give it to them since I'm still pissed about it

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Had to go with 2022 because I actually got to witness that one. I wasn't into hockey in 96 and the night of game 7 in 01 I got dragged to some local arena football game so I missed it.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Going to ignore every semi rational thought in my head about this game and say Avs 3-1 with Rantanen hitting 50 and Mack picking up 3 points so he hits 100 against Dallas.

Please just win. My coworker is already chirping me about us losing and the game is hours away. I can only imagine how insufferable he’ll be tomorrow if the Mild win.

As a kid, I would get more wrapped up in the excitement but I realize now how spoiled I was for championship teams (Avs + Fergie Era United). After they all faltered hard, I appreciate way more now just how hard it is to win and how long and painful the wait can be be. For that reason it’s 2022 even though it’s really hard to pick against 2001 and Ray.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad