Standing ovations for Lucic and/or

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Paille for sure will get a huge ovation. He was a loyal player here, definitely one of my new era favorites.

If for some reason Caron is up with St. Louis at the time we play them, the reception has a possibility of being hilarious.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I agree with the sentiment of this thread - and I had it reversed earlier. There was an isolated quote floating around about how Lucic was happy to "play for a team that knows how to win", but digging in more and getting some context, I see he's said a lot of great things about Boston since he's been traded

I don't know if it's just me, but it reads to me like he's only commenting on LA in that sentence, not comparing them whatsoever to Boston (although maybe to other possible destinations for him). Not sure you quoted him verbatim, though.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lucic - Video tribute from the B's, cheered heavily by the fans; probable standing ovation after, but the "love affair" will die down pretty quickly, I think.

Hamilton - No video tribute or acknowledgement from the Bruins. Booed every time he touches the puck by the fans, at least for his first game back. Somewhere between Kessel and Seguin in terms of fan treatment, closer to Kessel though.

Smith/Soderberg/Bartkowski- No reaction from the fans or any kind of acknowledgement from the Bruins. They weren't here long enough nor impactful enough, but also didn't do anything to earn any Bruins fans' ire. Well, Bart probably did, but still small in the eyes of the fans.

Campbell/Paille - Video tribute from the Bruins, heavily cheered by the fans. I wouldn't even count out a standing ovation (not kidding; I'd argue their lunch-pail work ethic would be more endearing to the fans than what Looch brought to the table for something like this). When they show Campbell's leg-break blocked shot, Paille's Cup Final OT winner, or just either of them lifting the Cup, it'll definitely fire people up.

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lucic will be cheered all night long for sure, and probably every night he's in Boston for the next few years.

Hamilton? He clearly wanted out and said "**** you" to all the fans. He was my 2nd favorite player in the league, I hope he gets booed to oblivion. And he will. People booed Seguin for something that was out of his control.

Adding to this...

Campbell will definitely be cheered and get a standing O, he earned it.

Palle hasn't signed anywhere yet, but him as well. Not as much as Soupy/Looch but he had some great years and great moments with us.

Smith and Soderberg probably won't get anything, if they put a "Welcome back" or "Thank you" they'll probably get a few claps. No boos, probably nothing really.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I'm positive that Lucic will receive a great reception from the loyal fans of Boston.

I'm just curious to see if it will last because face it, Lucic is a very physical emotional player. How long will it take for some mugging to take place, some crazy hit or fight?

Let's be honest here, Lucic doesn't lose many fights so chances are, if a Bruin drops them with Lucic, he will in turn get dropped (Chara aside). He's a polarizing player. Had he been traded in the division, he could have become public enemy #1 (ok maybe #3 or #4 after various Habs).

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I wouldn't be applauding either. One played himself off the team, the other apparently requested to leave the team... And in the search for a Cup, as with Bourque.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Just about anyone from the 2010-11 team gets a lifetime pass from me.

Milan Lucic was 30-32-62 +28 in the regular season for us. He lead us in points and goals. He didn't have a great playoffs but he was a +11 and was on the same line as DK and Horton, (to me) the most dominating line that year's playoffs.

I look will always look at Lucic the same way I look at Richard Seymour. Great player while he was here and wish him nothing but the best at his new home but it was time for the player and team to part ways.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I just saw the ad Looch put in the Globe. That was the most sincere goodbye I've read. I hate that he's no longer a Bruin. And hopefully one day he'll come back and retire with us. Take good care of him LA!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I just saw the ad Looch put in the Globe. That was the most sincere goodbye I've read. I hate that he's no longer a Bruin. And hopefully one day he'll come back and retire with us. Take good care of him LA!

Agreed, he took me out of my seat like no other. Whether he scored a big goal, laid a huge hit or dropped the gloves and beat the holy hell out of someone. Very few players made me get up and cheer like he did.

I'll definitely miss having him on the Bruins, bad season or not he's a rare breed of a hockey player and i thought he would be a Bruin his entire career.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
This is kinda OT but I just wanted to pop in and say that I thought the way you guys treated Boychuk on his return was really great. It said a lot about the type of player that he is for us/was for Boston :)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is kinda OT but I just wanted to pop in and say that I thought the way you guys treated Boychuk on his return was really great. It said a lot about the type of player that he is for us/was for Boston :)

Boychuk was what we want in a Bruins player....he was a great Bruins and he could play for 20 years somewhere else but I'll always have that goofy smile of Johnny in the black and gold etched in my mind

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Funny, I was just watching the video for that moment when I saw your post. JB's reaction (from :32-:54ish) was great. To quote Jack Edwards: "That is love from the fans."

(Great, now I'm all emotional.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad