Standing ovations for Lucic and/or

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
Lucic, absolutely. He was the heart of this team for a long time and a fan favorite here.

Hamilton? He is going to get booed more than likely. Not saying I would boo him, but the fans here booed Seguin, and he wanted to stay in Boston.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lucic will be cheered all night long for sure, and probably every night he's in Boston for the next few years.

Hamilton? He clearly wanted out and said "**** you" to all the fans. He was my 2nd favorite player in the league, I hope he gets booed to oblivion. And he will. People booed Seguin for something that was out of his control.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Lucic will get a huge ovation, Hamilton, if the reports are true he wanted out, will get booed lustily.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Lucic took the time to thank the fans and the organization.

Hamilton? Crickets. Have fun in CGY Malfoy

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
As a side Kings fan (mostly because of Kopitar), i am quite happy that Lucic landed there (if he had to go), new divison rivals to terrorize, will be interesting to see him playing there.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Add me to the Looch yes (people will still wear their Looch jerseys and shirts with pride IMO) but I think Dougie gets booed.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Dougie is gonna be booed out of the Garden. I just know he's going to let slip to someone and it will be leaked, and it'll be him ****ting on the franchise in some way. Idiot.

Lucic will have roses thrown at him.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I will be supporting LA in the West from this point out. Lucic receives a strong standing ovation.

100% agree. I didn't mind the Kings before, but now Looch is there I finally have a reason to watch a team in the West and root for them. But when Boston plays Kings I hope Quaider turns his light off haha

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I agree with the sentiment of this thread - and I had it reversed earlier. There was an isolated quote floating around about how Lucic was happy to "play for a team that knows how to win", but digging in more and getting some context, I see he's said a lot of great things about Boston since he's been traded. Props to him. I don't know if he "wanted" the trade or not, but that's the biz, and Sweeney made a reasonable deal. He embodies Bruins Hockey - maybe not particularly fast, but hard-hitting while still showing some skill. I will be cheering for him.

Dougie? No, especially after seeing what he signed for. I was confused with the deal at first, but now I actually see what happened - basically, Sweeney could either get a 1, 2, 3 next year, or a 1, 2, 2 this year. Hamilton was going to get and sign an offer sheet rather than re-sign with the Bruins. He sold us out for $250,000. Considering he makes about 200 times the average US salary, if you take it proportionately (which, yeah, isn't really correct), he sold us for the equivalent of $1,250 - or about the price of taking a family of 4 to two B's games.

I think the Hamilton rage will cool down, though. Let's face it: Dougie is NOT from Boston. He's not tied to the city; he's tied to the league. Like a good boy, he did his charity stints and visits for the Bs and dressed up as Elsa, grew a strange moustache, shaved his head, and grew a beard (well, not this past year). He was good on the ice for 2013-4, and not so much when he had to step up in 2014-5. He's not the saint we thought he was, and he may not turn out to be the godsend #1 franchise-saving defenseman that we thought he was - but he's not the devil, either. He didn't want to be playing for a team that was merely "tough to play against" - he wanted to play for a team that's "impossible to win against". Now, whether that's Calgary or not? I dunno, but it's not like he had much of a choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad