Standing ovations for Lucic and/or

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
This may be unfair as i don't hate any Boston sports player for one specific play in their career (including Buckner who should not have been on the field).

But, this play is the one play that killed any sense of respect I had for Lucic. The goals can come and go but the willingness to stick up for a teammate can't.

Pasta gets Kronwalled and Looch just watches! Don't bother searching for a Lucic fight video from this game cuz there ain't one.

[NHL]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=798159[/NHL]

#pastagetskronwalledandloochjustwatches

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
smith was here for 2 years. i bet some fans won't even know he was an ex-bruin.

hamilton? after what i've heard about the trade, i'd boo his ass.

looch is the man. standing O, and good luck except against the bruins.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
smith was here for 2 years. i bet some fans won't even know he was an ex-bruin.

hamilton? after what i've heard about the trade, i'd boo his ass.

looch is the man. standing O, and good luck except against the bruins.

Looch Standing O

Smith nothing

Dougie raspberries

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lucic without a doubt.

I hope Dougie gets booed until he cries.

Golf claps for Reilly.

OutspokenMinority*

thunderous for lucic.

smattering of applause for dougie mostly from kids who like the name dougie.

dougie esta muerta a nosotros.

esta muerta.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What an odd reaction. People choose to change teams all the time.

I think the way he handled the situation is one big reason why he is getting this love, he hurt our team badly and not talking about feelings.

He wanted out so ........ say you want out and get to be traded, now Sweeney and the boys realized this just day before the draft when he had said nothing to 3 different offers which were in the Calgary range, they knew offer sheet was coming and they had to get some value for him.
Hamilton deserves a lot of blame for that trade value, a lot.

Last edited:

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I think the way he handled the situation is one big reason why he is getting this love, he hurt our team badly and not talking about feelings.

He wanted out so ........ say you want out and get to be traded, now Sweeney and the boys realized this just day before the draft when he had said nothing to 3 different offers which were in the Calgary range, they knew offer sheet was coming and they had to get some value for him.
Hamilton deserves a lot of blame for that trade value, a lot.

Hamilton's not the gm of the Bruins. It's not his job to make sure his new team sends his old team sufficient compensation. He signed a three year contract played well for three years. He fulfilled his obligations to the team.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Hamilton's not the gm of the Bruins. It's not his job to make sure his new team sends his old team sufficient compensation. He signed a three year contract played well for three years. He fulfilled his obligations to the team.

he was offered the same compensation as Calgary. He simply wanted off the team. Why? Who the **** knows.. but he did.

His right.. but also my right to say "**** you" for both not wanting to be a Bruin and ****ing over the team I love.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I have never seen a fan base more obsessed with former players than the Bruins' fan base.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If you want to leave and have no desire to re-sign in Boston then maybe you could tell that to the GM? Because Hamilton didn't do that, they learned that the DAY before the draft after the 3rd offer and knew offer sheet was coming and the picks would be from next year and wanted to avoid 1year wait.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If you want to leave and have no desire to re-sign in Boston then maybe you could tell that to the GM? Because Hamilton didn't do that, they learned that the DAY before the draft after the 3rd offer and knew offer sheet was coming and the picks would be from next year and wanted to avoid 1year wait.

From Dougie's POV, I don't see what good it does him to say to Sweeney that he wants out. Goodwill, perhaps. Maybe Calgary will be a little more wary of Dougie in 5 years and trade him earlier than if he'd been straightforward with the Bruins.

It's not Dougie's job to make sure that his current team gets the best value for him when he gets traded. It's his job to try and reach his goals, whether that's in terms of paychecks, playoffs, or cups. He breaks even on the paycheck, and may get a slight bump in playoff experience over the course of his contract.

If anything, by definition, Dougie helping the Bs in trading him means hurting his future team, wherever that may be.

I have a friend who just loves Stevie Nicks. When the topic is brought up, I just shrug in a non-committal kind of way. When some fair offers to Dougie don't come back with counter-offers (which is what I assume happened), you can read between the lines. So, lessons to be learned:

1) Get offers out early.
2) Don't always trust players.
3) Read between the lines.
4) Give some extra value to loyalty. I don't see this happening with Bergeron, Chara, or Kelly, but of course, all I know is what I see in public. I might have said the same thing about Hamilton last year.

Now, I'm not going to wax poetic on Dougie. He was here for 3 seasons, and now he's gone. The trade hurt the team, but his contract was for 3 years, and that's it.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Reading this makes me sad. I still haven't came to terms with this deal :(

Loved Lucic and sad he is gone. Hope he comes back after this year (fingers crossed)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

This may be unfair as i don't hate any Boston sports player for one specific play in their career (including Buckner who should not have been on the field).

But, this play is the one play that killed any sense of respect I had for Lucic. The goals can come and go but the willingness to stick up for a teammate can't.

Pasta gets Kronwalled and Looch just watches! Don't bother searching for a Lucic fight video from this game cuz there ain't one.

[NHL]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=798159[/NHL]

#pastagetskronwalledandloochjustwatches

And who on Detroit would have fought Lucic?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
From Dougie's POV, I don't see what good it does him to say to Sweeney that he wants out. Goodwill, perhaps. Maybe Calgary will be a little more wary of Dougie in 5 years and trade him earlier than if he'd been straightforward with the Bruins.

It's not Dougie's job to make sure that his current team gets the best value for him when he gets traded. It's his job to try and reach his goals, whether that's in terms of paychecks, playoffs, or cups. He breaks even on the paycheck, and may get a slight bump in playoff experience over the course of his contract.

If anything, by definition, Dougie helping the Bs in trading him means hurting his future team, wherever that may be.

I have a friend who just loves Stevie Nicks. When the topic is brought up, I just shrug in a non-committal kind of way. When some fair offers to Dougie don't come back with counter-offers (which is what I assume happened), you can read between the lines. So, lessons to be learned:

1) Get offers out early.
2) Don't always trust players.
3) Read between the lines.
4) Give some extra value to loyalty. I don't see this happening with Bergeron, Chara, or Kelly, but of course, all I know is what I see in public. I might have said the same thing about Hamilton last year.

Now, I'm not going to wax poetic on Dougie. He was here for 3 seasons, and now he's gone. The trade hurt the team, but his contract was for 3 years, and that's it.

I think it's a sucky/unclassy thing to do from Hamilton, I don't know maybe things are different here but I don't get how it's not nothing that your gm is trying to negotiate a deal in good faith and believes you are going to re-sign with the club while you know that you are not going to re-sign with the club and don't bother to tell him, Hamilton knew the offer sheet fear, he knew that atleast Oilers are going to offer sheet him and he will get more money with that, ........... team player.

Just answer no to the proposal and say you have no desire to sign with the club and not .......... play them, great way to respect a team that drafted you, have believed in you and spend hours in his development.

So yes he can do that but what a .................... way to handle the situation.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Looch will get a nice reception for sure. Maybe some will be a bit salty with his remarks after getting traded, but it'll all be water under the bridge when he comes back.
I'm over it already, think it should have probably been chalked up to poor wording in the first place, but emotions were running really high that day for a multitude of reasons (guilty as charged). From everything else he's stated it's clear he loved the fans and enjoyed his time here.

It still hasn't quite sunk in yet that he's gone. I mean, I never really got to see Looch in his heyday in the years he first broke into the league, but he's been such an important part of the team's psyche, it's just strange to think he wouldn't been in the opening lineup come October. The prospect has been talked about to death on these boards, so when the trade happened many were psychologically prepared for it I think. By all accounts it was a good trade. Still. There's a parallel universe somewhere that he got to retire as a Bruin (where Andy Ference and Shawn Thornton and Marc Savard also reside), and I'm going to stay there for a little bit longer before the season starts for real.

Feel badly for Reilly Smith, for all that I crapped on him to death last year. Sort of wish he got another chance to redeem himself and settle into what he's capable of, though with that contract it's probably best for all involved that he moved on.

I personally don't see a point in booing a player like Hamilton. Even if he wanted to leave makes no difference to me, because I don't know the reasons why he wanted out. Also booing is sometimes used as motivation for players that already have some by just wanting to beat their former teams. Personally if I were the Bruins I wouldn't even acknowledge him during the game.

Lucic & Campbell will and should get a nice video tribute and a nice ovation from the crowd. Smith I would just do a quick cut to during the first stoppage of play and let the crowd decide what they want to do or not. But with Hamilton I wouldn't do anything. No video, I wouldn't even show him on the bench during the game.
Yup. If Pie gets signed somewhere I hope he gets cheered too, on his return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad