Stand Up Comedians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not necessarily. They don't know who or how much Chick-fil-a will donate to. They are probably going to donate to people that carry similar religious views. Are they going to go after every other company that donates to Salvation Army? Are they going to go after the Salvation Army directly? They ultimately accomplished nothing. Are all religious based charities bad because many of them are against abortion or believe in traditional marriage? This is where people lose the narrative. Even if you disagree with their beliefs, you can still acknowledge that they can do good and help people in need, and hurting them from doing that doesn't hurt the charities, it's hurts the people that actually need the help. But, the protesters get to pat themselves on the back, so yay for that.

Okaaay

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The only "cancel culture" going on with Chick-Fil-A is the performative social media outrage by conservatives (led by that little fake lawyer manlet who probably needs a booster seat when he goes there to eat) over a corporations donation policy decisions.
What a naïve post.

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
For a thread about standup comedians, you people sure are sucking all the fun out of it

Stand-up comedy is not particularly fun right now as a genre, considering how much of it seems to consist of man-babies complaining about how they are being "cancelled" on heavily-watched Netflix specials for which they are paid large sums of money.

The alleged victims of "cancel culture" sure do seem to often have very high-visibility platforms on which to complain about it and monetize their victimhood.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Getting back to the topic of stand up comedy...

I find most comedians excel in 10 to 20 minute sets. Giving every comedian (who asks) an hour special is a bad idea - I know it's cheap content but few comedians are up to it and what you're left with is 15 minutes of quality content surrounded by weak material that drags down the entire show.

I was so disappointed in Bill Burr's most recent comedy special.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Stand-up comedy is not particularly fun right now as a genre, considering how much of it seems to consist of man-babies complaining about how they are being "cancelled" on heavily-watched Netflix specials for which they are paid large sums of money.

The alleged victims of "cancel culture" sure do seem to often have very high-visibility platforms on which to complain about it and monetize their victimhood.
The same could be said about both genders - the EXACT same thing was said about Elizabeth Banks in the Charlie's Angels thread and you took exception to it...

Her movie was no fun. She complained, blaming men for her failure. She had a high visibility platform from which she was able to monetize her victimhood.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

S0 do "alleged victims of being held down by mean white men who hate anything that is different than themselves".

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Beth Stelling is great!

Below is a playlist of bits from her special, so just let it go and it'll automatically play the next video

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jesus, this thread.

I will be forever pissed at Louis CK for being an asshole, nobody was better. And now he f***ed us out of the brilliant stand up and television he created because he couldn't control himself.

I still laugh my ass off at pretty much everything he did before he was outed. This clip is just a perfect example of how you can perform racial humor without being racist and everything is spot on. His delivery, the way he uses his body as he tells the story, he just does it perfectly.

Reactions: NyQuil

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Really disappointed with the Eddie Murphy episode. As funny as Buckwheet was they should have did something different then have him sing out dated songs. They should have did a skit like the white/black supremacist and did a front line version of Buckwheet's life after showbiz. Perfect opportunity to have his biological younger brother Clayton Bigsby introduced. I just thought the whole production value was not there for someone who's episode was so anticipated.

Sep 19, 2008
Patrice always spoke what was on his mind and didn't hold back. He told you what he thought whether you needed to hear it or not. His frank and open honesty is why he is one of my favorites. Too many funny moments of him and Opie and Anthony back in the day. Unfortunately most of them have gratuitous profanity :sarcasm:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

They are typically defending each other but in some cases just putting the term out there to prevent backlash. Yes, it is fun right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad