Speculation: Stammergeddon: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What are his rights (to allow a team to sign him for the 8 year maximum) worth?

How/where would Khokhlachev fit into Tampa Bay's lineup?

I thought Yzerman could easily get a top prospect NHL ready and a conditional 2nd (Edmonton's) from a team if he signs with them.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
When do you think he will notify the team if he intends to go elsewhere or not?

How do situations like this typically work?

I would think that it's either: he tells the team he will not be returning, tells them he still hasn't made up his mind or tells them he's returning.

Do teams typically inform the public if players decide to leave?

When Alfredsson left the Sens for Detroit, he basically gave our GM the silent treatment for a few days before telling him on June 30th that he was signing with the Red Wings.

That's why the Senators scrambled and made the trade for Bobby Ryan.

The team did not inform the public of Alfredsson leaving Ottawa to sign with the Wings. Bob McKenzie did that a few hours before Free Agency officially opened. I still remember saying to my friends that it was bull crap and that Bryan Murray still had a couple hours to seal the deal.

It was only after, when the fans were about to storm the rink with torches and pitchforks that Alfredsson and the Senators each held press conferences to explain what happened.

Alfredsson lied like hell in his press conference though, so it was a bad move on his part. He skirted each question with awkwardly vague answers and it was really disingenuous.

Either way, it was a horribly painful moment for all Sens fans, and I know the feeling that you guys are going through. It sucks. It's pure, burning disappointment.

I hope Stamkos stays. I wouldn't want anyone else to experience that...except Leafs fans and Habs fans...

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
When Alfredsson left the Sens for Detroit, he basically gave our GM the silent treatment for a few days before telling him on June 30th that he was signing with the Red Wings.

That's why the Senators scrambled and made the trade for Bobby Ryan.

The team did not inform the public of Alfredsson leaving Ottawa to sign with the Wings. Bob McKenzie did that a few hours before Free Agency officially opened. I still remember saying to my friends that it was bull crap and that Bryan Murray still had a couple hours to seal the deal.

It was only after, when the fans were about to storm the rink with torches and pitchforks that Alfredsson and the Senators each held press conferences to explain what happened.

Alfredsson lied like hell in his press conference though, so it was a bad move on his part. He skirted each question with awkwardly vague answers and it was really disingenuous.

Either way, it was a horribly painful moment for all Sens fans, and I know the feeling that you guys are going through. It sucks. It's pure, burning disappointment.

I hope Stamkos stays. I wouldn't want anyone else to experience that...except Leafs fans and Habs fans...

Wasn't there some business about Alfie supposedly taking a pay cut on one contract and he'd get *wink wink* compensated on his last contract? I feel like I remember that being in there somewhere, but, yeah, I feel like I remember watching a video of Sens fans before a game, half of them bawling, being interviewed early in the season that he left.

With regards to Stamkos, I'm just expecting the worst. He either gets signed to too much money with us or signs with someone in the Atlantic and shows everyone that he's been sandbagging for years until he got a retirement contract. (Not that I think that's really what happening, but it's the little homer in me preparing for the worst)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Wasn't there some business about Alfie supposedly taking a pay cut on one contract and he'd get *wink wink* compensated on his last contract? I feel like I remember that being in there somewhere, but, yeah, I feel like I remember watching a video of Sens fans before a game, half of them bawling, being interviewed early in the season that he left.

With regards to Stamkos, I'm just expecting the worst. He either gets signed to too much money with us or signs with someone in the Atlantic and shows everyone that he's been sandbagging for years until he got a retirement contract. (Not that I think that's really what happening, but it's the little homer in me preparing for the worst)

was something last year he played for 1 million he wanted a nice deal think detroit gave him 5.5 for that season he played for them ..... seems was handshake agreement not honored and alfie said hell with it they had chance ottawa so he walked

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos is a class act, and I don't think there are any hurt feelings here. IMO, the second he knows we're out of the running, he'll inform Yzerman. We fans will likely not find out until July 1, but if we start to hear rumblings about the Kucherov and Killorn negotiations, to me, that'll say the Stamkos ship has sailed.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Just 2 days to go... If he hits free agency I consider him gone, then I'll be able to breath again. I know we're a good team without him but I'm not sure at all we can be competitive with the colossal cap crunch it's going to create if we re-sign him. 2 days...

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Quick question, if it ends up that Stamkos leans towards Toronto and a sign and trade is looking likely, would you guys be interested in a Stamkos for Tyler Bozak swap?

Signed for $4.2 million for one more season after this and is a really solid two-way player.

Toronto will have good enough depth at the C position to let one C go, and they just invested 6 years in Kadri.

What do you guys think?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Quick question, if it ends up that Stamkos leans towards Toronto and a sign and trade is looking likely, would you guys be interested in a Stamkos for Tyler Bozak swap?

Signed for $4.2 million for one more season after this and is a really solid two-way player.

Toronto will have good enough depth at the C position to let one C go, and they just invested 6 years in Kadri.

What do you guys think?

No bozak is fine but we can't take salary got to sign hedman, kucherov , palat and Johnson long term. Really draft picks would be better for Stamkos rights like two seconds

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not really worried about it. If he leaves we get some money to work with and can easily re-sign our core. If he comes back we get our captain back. Win win for me. I feel even if he re-signs Yzerman will still figure out a way to make our team contenders.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

What do you guys think?

Would rather give you Carle+Stamkos for future considerations. You get your 8th year, we get cap relief.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
No bozak is fine but we can't take salary got to sign hedman, kucherov , palat and Johnson long term. Really draft picks would be better for Stamkos rights like two seconds

Yeah, we can't take on salary in 2017 unless the player involved is going to be replacing a player of equivalent salary on our roster. We do need a center but Bozak isn't worth losing Killorn for and Namestnikov should be able to put up similar numbers for half the price.

If you retained 50% on him I'd do it since we could let Boyle walk next summer and pretty much break even cap-wise but otherwise I think it's a pass for us.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Link? Mackenzie doesn't think we went over 8.5. Anything over 9 is a disaster, really just resigning him is to begin with.

i said i think so why do i need a link? i didnt say anything on source I THINK robert guess thinks thats my speculation:)

What do you guys think?

below zero interest by me with his cap hit rather have a 7th rounder even in next years draft

Yeah, we can't take on salary in 2017 unless the player involved is going to be replacing a player of equivalent salary on our roster. We do need a center but Bozak isn't worth losing Killorn for and Namestnikov should be able to put up similar numbers for half the price.

If you retained 50% on him I'd do it since we could let Boyle walk next summer and pretty much break even cap-wise but otherwise I think it's a pass for us.

i love boyle so want him resigned for 2 or 3 more years at 2 million so id say no to anything with bozak whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad