Speculation: Stammergeddon: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm just about to grab the popcorn and see which team is going to beat the others in this race for the biggest ****-up. I might even enjoy it. I only wish Stammer to succeed though, he looks like a terrific guy.

Lol maybe I'll get hyped up on July 1st. Right now nothing is happening so I feel like it has dragged on for decades. I do wish him the best though. Definitely not looking forward to whichever fanbase it ends up being trying to rub it in our faces if he has a bounceback. We've always known that was a possibility. That didn't mean we were willing to gamble with 10m+

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lol maybe I'll get hyped up on July 1st. Right now nothing is happening so I feel like it has dragged on for decades. I do wish him the best though. Definitely not looking forward to whichever fanbase it ends up being trying to rub it in our faces if he has a bounceback. We've always known that was a possibility. That didn't mean we were willing to gamble with 10m+

It will be annoying for the next 6 months or so. Any time he has a 2 goal game we're probably going to hear it.

As a fan of Stamkos I hope he rebounds. As a poster on HF, him crashing and burning would make posting on here as a Lightning fan a lot easier.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I really hope Stamkos does well, which is the main reason why I feel like it would be a bad idea for him to sign in Toronto. He just has no chance of succeeding there. They're bringing him in like he's the answer to their prayers, when, in reality, he'll just be a good player who'll quite likely cost them better players down the road.

It would probably be cool for him the first year when he was there since he dreamed of playing there as a kid but once they see that he's not a big difference maker that big number that he is signed for will bring a lot of criticism. They thought Kessel had it bad, wait until Toronto native Stamkos would have it for not being able to be the player they thought they were going to get.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
I can't imagine the pressure that will be on him if he signs somewhere for 12m. And I don't think he really likes all the attention, good luck with that. :shakehead

Yzlamic Preacher*

Some on the trade forums tried to post with the [Confirmed with Link] header, Toronto trade a third in 2017 and 2018 for Stamkos rights. Hilariously, no link, and deleted within in minutes.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm just about to grab the popcorn and see which team is going to beat the others in this race for the biggest ****-up. I might even enjoy it. I only wish Stammer to succeed though, he looks like a terrific guy.

Was at a local Sports Authority before it closes down the other day, and noticed they were selling some Stammer...dolls, I guess they were? Whatever they were, #91 has been a class act and a superstar for this franchise for eight years and been through the transformation from a complete doormat to NHL legitimacy. He might only be a Bolt for a few more days. For $20, sentimentality was completely worth it.

That said, I can't place a valuation on him at $10M or higher than that. If he gets double digits, then it's best to let him go, unless he's willing to give a discount down to $9M...maybe$9.5M, even though I find that too rich as well. And it sucks to have to be a cold-blooded business man when just a fan, but that's life, I guess.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If nothing else, yay for the legal tampering window because it does give the Lightning, in this case, the ability to know what's out there and react with the 8th year option in their back-pocket. The legal tampering window is probably the exact reason why most of everything goes down on 7/1; the deals are already hammered out and just waiting to be announced.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Whelp if he leaves now we know damn sure it had nothing to do with money.

I feel like it's not as simple as that. The number was tweeted earlier how much Stamkos would take home out of a $10m from each of the leading runners. TB was #1, but Detroit, for instance, wasn't absurdly behind or anything. If Detroit offers him 12, that'll be far more than our 8.5, I think.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
When do you think he will notify the team if he intends to go elsewhere or not?

How do situations like this typically work?

I would think that it's either: he tells the team he will not be returning, tells them he still hasn't made up his mind or tells them he's returning.

Do teams typically inform the public if players decide to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad