Value of: Stamkos

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If both teams truly want to move on, Stammer for Subban seems like an idea.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Not interested

Dont want to be cursed

He doesnt sacrifice the body to make playoff plays
...wha? he blocks shots all the time. he was 4th among bolts Fs in blocked shots and had over twice as many as brad marchand last season. im assuming thats what you mean by 'sacrifice the body to make playoff plays"

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
...wha? he blocks shots all the time. he was 4th among bolts Fs in blocked shots and had over twice as many as brad marchand last season. im assuming thats what you mean by 'sacrifice the body to make playoff plays"

whatever he case is, he is badluck

not a good captain

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Doughty + Carter (50% retained) for Stamkos + Cernak
Hedman - Doughty as a pairing...

Sorry, started drooling. Yes. Though since he's a UFA, I don't think Cernak or Carter would be part of the deal. I would move Stamkos for an extended Doughty in a minute tho.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
From the Leafs, nothing. He had his chance to come home in his prime. He met with the team, and not sure what happened but he went back and signed with Tampa to win a cup. He made his choice.

Now I hope he gets to watch JT win one.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't feel Stamkos is worth the assets of would take to get him. I think the best trade for him would be a hockey trade with another team that's close but couldn't get over the hump (or teams who might now admit they are far away)

Stamkos for PK
Stamkos for Benn
Stamkos for Toews
Stamkos for Doughty
(As you can fell in ignoring cap for now)

Or even worse suggestions
Stamkos for Logan Couture +
Stamkos for Nylander with a big plus
Stamkos for Krug +

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hedman - Doughty as a pairing...

Sorry, started drooling. Yes. Though since he's a UFA, I don't think Cernak or Carter would be part of the deal. I would move Stamkos for an extended Doughty in a minute tho.

No one in that deal is a UFA. Doughty is signed for 8 more years...issue is it is at $11m/year.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Something tells me after taking less then market value to stay in Tampa, he won't waive his NMC

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
Nice hype job, but he couldn't lead Tampa to the Stanley cup. There's no reason for Tampa to trade him. Stop over reacting and wait a week for the gut punch to get better.
This was a perfectly apt baby with the bath water analogy yesterday. What happened?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
stamkos just had a phenomenal season, subban is older, more expensive, and coming off of a much worse season. PASS.
8 months older, 500 thousand more on cap hit and played with a nagging injury all year hince the bad season. Back 2 Norris form last 10 games plus playoffs. I would add to get stamkos though. Nashville needs a top end forward bad. I would retain on subban as well.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Montreal doesn’t have assets to land Stamkos

Yes they do. If Tampa decides to blow it up. Or free up cap space or anything other than a direct one for one hockey trade, the Habs have some really good young cost controlled pieces.

We don’t have any players as valuable as stamkos. But we could still put together a competitive package of futures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad