Waived: Stalberg and Clune waived

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Huh. I'm not sure I really understand the logic of that unless the team needs space for an additional contract or something.

van22

May 25, 2014
^
I would think internal budget (- it's not only salary but also perks (?), travelling costs and insurance,...). Also the AHL has a rule that only allows to dress 6 vets per game so it's not useful to have so many on the team if they don't play them.
Will be interesting to see how the veteran group shapes up in Milwaukee. One of the things they were saying is that they wanted to get the right vets to mentor the prospects (on and off the ice) and that they had to be able to replicate the Nashville system - has been a challenge last year (notably on D) because it requires specific skills.

markie8002000

Apr 6, 2008
Stalberg looks like hes out soon.... Preds beat writer Adam Vingan said this on twitter few hours ago:

The Predators have been talking to a couple teams about trading for Viktor Stalberg. David Poile said something may happen this weekend.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Stalberg looks like hes out soon.... Preds beat writer Adam Vingan said this on twitter few hours ago:

The Predators have been talking to a couple teams about trading for Viktor Stalberg. David Poile said something may happen this weekend.

He also said they could buy Stalberg out as well.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
ARZ could take this contract as well :D? Poile is just clearing up some roster spots that's all.

EDIT: What kind of a buyout penalty would we get from buying out Stalberg?

van22

May 25, 2014
ARZ could take this contract as well :D? Poile is just clearing up some roster spots that's all.

EDIT: What kind of a buyout penalty would we get from buying out Stalberg?

Total cost 4.67M spread over 4 years. New cap hits:
2015/16 and 2016/17: 0.67M
2017/18 and 2018/19: 1.17M

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Clune's extension was a product of Trotz's appreciation of him. I don't think he ever would have been sent to Milwaukee if BT had stayed. Lavy had no use for him, and at this point he would just be taking a spot from a player we care about developing.

The issue with trading Stalberg is that it's going to be a Lombardi type trade...ie, we're going to have to pay someone to take him. I would say Austin Watson is a prime candidate to be that "sweetener," but we'll see.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Clune's extension was a product of Trotz's appreciation of him. I don't think he ever would have been sent to Milwaukee if BT had stayed. Lavy had no use for him, and at this point he would just be taking a spot from a player we care about developing.

The issue with trading Stalberg is that it's going to be a Lombardi type trade...ie, we're going to have to pay someone to take him. I would say Austin Watson is a prime candidate to be that "sweetener," but we'll see.

If that is all that it takes, I am fine with that because Watson is basically done as far as this org. is concerned. Getting anything back, even a 5th would be something.

van22

May 25, 2014
Sounds like a "prove it and you'll get your shot" contract. Anybody know if he still waivers-exempt, or has he accrued to many seasons (he definitely hasn't hit the # of games mark yet)?

He is waiver eligible. Signed as a 19 year old in 2011 so 4 years of exemption which expired last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad