Stadium Series Uniforms

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Everyone? I suppose it depends what population you are showing? Without the word "KINGS" written on it, it means a Chevy. Sorry, I don't think the Chevy logo is famous or distinctively represents it's type. It's gone and it's never coming back. The Crown will be with the Kings in one form or another always.

The Kings craptastic history of the team prior to the arrival of Wayne does not make the time Gretzky spent here, and certainly not the mess he left in the wake of his departure, good.

The shape itself isn't iconic, but the logo definitely is. Also, I think you're judging Gretzky's time here in a negative hindsight. That era had some bad times, but it also had our second best times in terms of achievement as a club.

What's great about this organization is that they are recognizing different eras of the club. For those of us who like the purple/forum blue and gold, we have the throwbacks and legend nights. For those of us who like the silver and black, we have our current jerseys (with a so-so logo we can all admit).

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
When it comes to the Reebok jerseys, is there really a notable difference between them and the authentics? With the old CCM, Koho, etc jerseys, there was the obvious difference.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
When it comes to the Reebok jerseys, is there really a notable difference between them and the authentics? With the old CCM, Koho, etc jerseys, there was the obvious difference.

Heat-pressed letters/numbers versus embroidered is the only difference, I believe. Along with a fight strap.

thefizzle656

Aug 31, 2013
Orange County, CA

Heat-pressed letters/numbers versus embroidered is the only difference, I believe. Along with a fight strap.

The difference is absolutely huge. The Made-in-Canada 7287 EDGE 2.0 Authentics, which are hard to come by currently (not sure if these Stadium Series ones TeamLA is selling are Canadian-made or Indonesian-made. You can find some for certain teams on eBay, including the Kings. Premiers are also made in Indonesia) are of MUCH higher quality. They are made from Air-Knit (like the old CCM jerseys) and the construction quality is much higher as well. The front crest is not embroidered but is a "patch" that is z-stitched onto the jersey (along with the "Reebok" logo on the back) and the crest is of much higher quality than on the Premier replicas (which are like glued-on cardboard). The material that the Premier replicas are made of is very cheap and thin as well and the cut is not the same as the Authentics/On-Ice.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yikes...

It's a well-known thing in the NHL that the Ducks and Kings have some of the worst jerseys in the league, and as if to underscore that, and rub it in everyone's faces, there came confirmation that the colors of the jerseys they'll wear in their already-idiotic outdoor game are going to be orange and dark grey, respectively. What horror.

The fact that the Kings aren't wearing purple is, in my opinion, a great reason to just scrap the Dodger Stadium game and act like this whole embarrassing endeavor never happened. I'll pretend if you will.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Puck Daddy blog on Yahoo Sports.

I'll agree with him on one thing, this outdoor game is idiotic. I never understood the concept of having these things at baseball stadiums where the sight lines are ridiculously bad for a hockey game. It makes much more sense to host them at football stadiums....for us, either the LA coliseum or the Rose Bowl. I ain't paying $200 to watch the game on the jumbotron.

It's just the NHL taking a pretty good novelty act, and ruining it by oversaturation.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
it is still unknown if the Stadium Series jerseys will be available to the public in the Authentic 2.0s. Reebok is still facing production problems after moving the operation back to Canada. we still can't get the road whites in the 7287 series (Canada 2.0s). other teams face the same situation. Team LA is showing the authentics for sale, but show pics of replicas. wtf? we are talking about a $350 dollar buy here people, can you get your facts straight please?

there has been no clear message ive seen on different forums that are related to jersey collecting, that Reebok will produce authentic Stadium Series jerseys in significant numbers if at all for public sale.

it is quite possible the only way to ever get an authentic is to buy a game worn from the Meigray auction later this season. LA will wear that jersey once more later this season after the Dodger stadium game. based on the cost of the Legends jerseys, expect to pay $2K as a starter

all that may be released to the public are the premiers. aka, the ****

the quality imo is total crap and way overpriced.

a few pages back there was discussion and opinions thrown back and forth about preferred choice of Kings jerseys among the members here. i'm not getting into that, because it's well documented on here that i am not a fan of the current set and would like to see the team return to its roots.

something i didn't see mentioned and is very reflective of what is preferred by fans and collectors alike is what is selling and at what price. im not just talking about ebay, but different auctions and jersey collector sites.

today there is still heavy demand for old jerseys in the authentic weights. to the point the price in many cases is becoming increasingly cost prohibitive.

for example there is very heavy demand for the road blacks or the home white Chevy logo, size 52 and 54 in the old ultrafil material. especially virgin ones that were never customized and in good condition. expect to pay $200-250 on the low side for one. realistically you will pay north of $300 for one. these jerseys are in great demand still. collectors want to keep turning them into a 99, 17, 20, 32, 33, 21, etc.

there is also high demand for the road blue/gold from 1980 -88. trying again to find these authentics is becoming next to impossible. good look finding one in the old adidas or maska hem tags. the supply is so small that many now are just trying to get their hands on the CCM replicas from that time in good condition, but will still sell for north of $100-150 for one in good condition.

ironically the old BK (Burger King) 3rd's sell for ridiculous prices, but there has for years been a flood of counterfeits into the market. for the price i think these have got the point of a none purchase. it's to easy to get ripped off buying one. these things go regularly for over $500 and will still sell for $750+

those three jerseys all have high demand and sell for as much if not more than the current jerseys. if they weren't popular they wouldn't continue to see increasing prices YoY.

the newest jersey that has high demand is the new Legends jersey. these are Reebok 2.0s and are FINALLY starting to be available. expect to pay $350-380 for starters. the other option which Team LA finally has online (for those like me that aren't in SoCal anymore). they are CCM replicas, which are imo a better quality than the Reebok premiers (the equivalent to the CCM replicas). heavier more traditional jersey material and better patches to name a few. the CCMs from what ive been told have a slightly different color compared to the Reebok 2.0 authentics.

there is very little interest for the current home/road 2.0s. every now and then it will come up, but it isn't often. it usually is for a road white that people are looking for, because they haven't been available to the public. personally i want a road white at some point, but it is down my list of jerseys i want to collect.

when it comes to what sells and what is available. the overwhelming sales numbers are of the home blacks currently. that is really all that has been available to the public now for years. people buy what is available. they cant buy a jersey that isn't available. if they don't want to buy a cheap chinese counterfeit and want a 'real' jersey, they have ONE choice. the home black. who ever claimed this isn't a valid point in the conversation couldn't be more wrong. you can't buy and wear something, that isn't for sale. end of conversation, it is a completely baseless opinion and one that dismisses simple fact.

try an experiment to prove my point. make 10K old Chevy logo CCM jerseys and put them for sale in Team LA for a game. i guarantee they will be gone within a matter of days. what doesn't sell at a game or two will be immediately bought out and resold on eBay within days.

i know this will happen, because every year when they sell out the overstock on jerseys this happens. not because people can go buy an armful of jerseys at discount, but because they know they can turn around meet the online demand for them. also there are 'companies' that currently do this year round. all they do is buy different 'vintage' Kings jerseys from different sources and mark them up for sale, because the general public and fans don't know of these different sources. some will go so far as to buy 'blanks' and have them fully customized with team logo, and player name and numbers. all for a nice mark up passed on to you the buyer.

why? because the NHL, Reebok and the Kings continue to turn a blind eye to this situation.

those that desire to have something different, just don't have many options. when those options do present themselves though there is very good demand, but for a pretty penny.

the ones that have truly benefitted from all of this are the counterfeiters. the NHL and Reebok have created a clusterf*** that is simply unparalleled today. there is heavy demand for jerseys by all team fanbases, that has been met by a manufacturer with horrible quality standards and poor supply standards. the NHL imo has not even come close to protecting the clubs and the fans. for the most part they have sat on their hands and done nothing. in the meantime the chinese counterfeits continue to get pumped out and meet the fan's demand, not to mention provide a low price point.

the counterfeiters have also stepped in and filled the gap with the Gretz-era Chevy logos and the Legends jerseys. they wouldn't fill this gap in demand, if it didn't exist. again this puts to rest the argument about 'what is available' and what people are buying. the fans will buy what they want, so make them available.

a few more notes on different questions i saw.

the Mitchell & Ness jerseys are of decent quality, but they run BIG. i mean BIG, check their size guide before buying one.

the 'Heroes of Hockey' line (HoH) of jerseys that are out today are an inferior quality compared to the old CCM replicas. remember the old CCM jerseys were classed as authentic (also known as Ultrafil and also as Pro weight) and replicas (also known as semi-pro). the HoH line is meant to provide the fan a new Gretzky jersey in the replica weight for sale today. the problem is the quality of the replica weight material isn't as heavy as the actual replicas from back in the day. it is a lighter weight material.

hope this helps

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks for taking the time to put all that together WhiskeyPete

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Damn...I have a Maska/CCM Ultrafil home chevy authentic that is not customized. Too bad there is a tad of blood on the shoulder and some stick/puck marks on the sleeve since I used to wear it to play. Been meaning to get it customized (Laperriere) but I'd maybe sell it if it's going for a good price.

Got it in '98 when I was a bit of a fat ass so it's a 56...would prefer a 54 (I'm 6 foot 4) but I'll probably pay the $75 or so to just get it customized.

All my other jerseys are replicas. I just went to the closet to check this thing out after reading WP's post...man it's so much better than the replicas.

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
used a 20% off code and got my stoll jersey for 204 with the patch and scarf so not to bad i've always wanted a stoll jersey so i was like why not :)

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'll agree with him on one thing, this outdoor game is idiotic. I never understood the concept of having these things at baseball stadiums where the sight lines are ridiculously bad for a hockey game. It makes much more sense to host them at football stadiums....for us, either the LA coliseum or the Rose Bowl. I ain't paying $200 to watch the game on the jumbotron.

It's just the NHL taking a pretty good novelty act, and ruining it by oversaturation.

Having been to an outdoor game, I agree. They're massively overrated. To the point I wouldn't go to one unless it was free.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Having been to an outdoor game, I agree. They're massively overrated. To the point I wouldn't go to one unless it was free.

I believe that's an important qualifier for your statement.

And the Coliseum and Rose Bowl suck. I wouldn't go to either for anything.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Damn...I have a Maska/CCM Ultrafil home chevy authentic that is not customized. Too bad there is a tad of blood on the shoulder and some stick/puck marks on the sleeve since I used to wear it to play. Been meaning to get it customized (Laperriere) but I'd maybe sell it if it's going for a good price.

Got it in '98 when I was a bit of a fat ass so it's a 56...would prefer a 54 (I'm 6 foot 4) but I'll probably pay the $75 or so to just get it customized.

All my other jerseys are replicas. I just went to the closet to check this thing out after reading WP's post...man it's so much better than the replicas.

here is a thread about treating the blood stains, if you wish to try remove them. be patient and take your time so you don't damage it.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3831&hl=blood

the site also has info on customizers. don't just take it to your 'local' sports shop. they wont know what the hell they are doing. you will possibly end up with the either the local high school team's font, or a hack job resembling the LA font from that time.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
they are selling both authentic and replica jerseys, which has been confirmed. this was from sales people at Team LA.

the more important unknown now is if the authentics are Indo-Edge or Canadian 2.0s. there is a major difference in quality between the two. quite a few of the other teams are offering the Indo's, which have been confirmed by fans from around the league.

Reebok moved its manufacturing back from Indonesia because of this. the quality in the Indo-Edge jerseys are notoriously crappy, so they moved it back to Canada last year. this is why the supply for the past year plus has been poor.

imo if the authentics are Indo-Edge i wouldn't spend the money, but it is your money.

here is some more info on deciphering all the bs concerning Reebok's mess
http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/tag/edge-2-0/

be informed and don't waste your money on ****

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad