Stadium Series Uniforms

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd love to know why my post stating that the Kings looked like skating bananas was removed. Are we not permitted to post pictures of the Kings wearing yellow or pictures of scenes from Arrested Development?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Re: Jackass, maybe a Three Stooges reference will help you connect the dots. Jackass is like my generation's version of the Three Stooges. Some old folks think the Stooges were funny guys. Maybe you don't but the humor is in the physicality.

And there are many shades of grey. Have you read that btw? Great book!

To the rest of your post, well, my opinion is better than yours. You're wrong because the Kings don't use the purple jersey often. Wrong, wrong, wrong! You are Mr. Wrong, the Wrongmeister, Wrongerson McWrong, Long Wong Wrong, My Unlce Wrong and last but not least:

Never found the Stooges that funny, and I know what the jackass guys do, I just don't find a guy shoving, what was it a toy car?, up his ass to be that clever.

People in the business will tell you Fifty Shades is about as lame as it gets.

I gave you plenty of reasons to support my thinking on the subject. Of course it's my opinion, I wrote it, and yeah I'm right based on the reasons I provided, but nice job with your impression of whoever you were trying to be in that last little bit.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'd love to know why my post stating that the Kings looked like skating bananas was removed. Are we not permitted to post pictures of the Kings wearing yellow or pictures of scenes from Arrested Development?

Yeah, they should never go back to the all gold uniforms that was just too hard on the eyes. I have seen a lot of white photoshop uniforms with purple and gold trim that look quite good.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pretty sure HFBoards is not a representative sample of all fans of the team and the game. It's a very small sample size.

I don't disagree that a crown is an iconic symbol, but to say that the chevy logo is not iconic is somewhat ignorant. Iconic in this sense has to do with how well it reads to the masses (one definition: "Famously and distinctively representative of its type"). While true it doesn't inherently represent "Kings", EVERYONE recognizes that chevy logo as the LA Kings, so it is therefore iconic. Show someone the throwback crown and they probably won't know that it's the LA Kings.

If you remember prior to two years ago (and I'm sure you do), we only had two banners up at The Forum/Staples. Guess who was a big part of making that happen?

And for the record, I love the throwbacks. They're fantastic. I just don't think your arguments are helping your case.

Everyone? I suppose it depends what population you are showing? Without the word "KINGS" written on it, it means a Chevy. Sorry, I don't think the Chevy logo is famous or distinctively represents it's type. It's gone and it's never coming back. The Crown will be with the Kings in one form or another always.

The Kings craptastic history of the team prior to the arrival of Wayne does not make the time Gretzky spent here, and certainly not the mess he left in the wake of his departure, good.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You guys see the pricing for a lettered Stadium Series sweaters? It's ridiculous. On top of that, they charge extra to have the stadium series patch put on there.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
You guys see the pricing for a lettered Stadium Series sweaters? It's ridiculous. On top of that, they charge extra to have the stadium series patch put on there.

$250 all together for a frickin jersey? Are they serious? There's so many other things I'd do with that money before I bought that. As if regular jerseys aren't expensive enough.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
$250 all together for a frickin jersey? Are they serious? There's so many other things I'd do with that money before I bought that. As if regular jerseys aren't expensive enough.

Of course they'll be expensive. These are special jerseys especially designed for a memorable event. I'm sure a lot of money went into design, creating and manufacturing the jerseys. And on top of that, they have to make some $$. :)

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Just because it is new doesnt mean it doesnt suck.
The Kings black, home plate, jerseys suck.
Which jerseys did the players give their dads on the road trip?The Kings won a cup in ugly, bland, boring jerseys so we have to deal with it. Almost every team's home jersey is black. People buy it. People buy Coors light, Justin Beiber songs, and Ford trucks. People have no taste.

:laugh: :laugh: nice!!

p.s. Hey! - I happen to like Coors Light! :cheers:

Never found the Stooges that funny, and I know what the jackass guys do, I just don't find a guy shoving, what was it a toy car?, up his ass to be that clever.

People in the business will tell you Fifty Shades is about as lame as it gets.

I gave you plenty of reasons to support my thinking on the subject. Of course it's my opinion, I wrote it, and yeah I'm right based on the reasons I provided, but nice job with your impression of whoever you were trying to be in that last little bit.

Man, you are one grumpy fella. No one said Jackass is clever but it is funny to a lot of people. They sold a lot of movie tickets. You said you didn't remember a damn thing about it... guess you remember that toy car. I don't blame you. I wish I was that toy car too!

I've never read or seen fifty shades of grey. I was making a joke but I see you lack a humorous.

I'm not an artist so I don't do impressions. People do impersonations of me though.

Of course they'll be expensive. These are special jerseys especially designed for a memorable event. I'm sure a lot of money went into design, creating and manufacturing the jerseys. And on top of that, they have to make some $$. :)

What you do is wait a year or two and buy them from the Staples summer sale for $20 when the clear out their closet.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Man, you are one grumpy fella. No one said Jackass is clever but it is funny to a lot of people. They sold a lot of movie tickets. You said you didn't remember a damn thing about it... guess you remember that toy car. I don't blame you. I wish I was that toy car too!

I've never read or seen fifty shades of grey. I was making a joke but I see you lack a humorous.

I'm not an artist so I don't do impressions. People do impersonations of me though.

Write something funny, I'll laugh.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Reminds me of an old Gilligan's Island episode where they find gold on the island and they start selling mining supplies to Mr. Howell.

"Would you like some wicks for your candles?"

"The candles don't have wicks?"

"Not at these prices."

Is the total price of the jersey (I believe someone said $250 for the whole thing with lettering and numbers) for an authentic? If so, $250 really isn't that out of line.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings purple jersey > Kings black black black and more black jersey.

No really, let me get out my Jack Benny joke book and read you some of your favorites.

Why so serious? Laugh along with the Jack Benny laugh track. You can't help but smile!

You're trying waaaaaay too hard, but keep trying. I know you think you're the class clown. Is this your normal reaction when someone isn't amused with you? Try actually being funny, like Dingo.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Reminds me of an old Gilligan's Island episode where they find gold on the island and they start selling mining supplies to Mr. Howell.

"Would you like some wicks for your candles?"

"The candles don't have wicks?"

"Not at these prices."

Is the total price of the jersey (I believe someone said $250 for the whole thing with lettering and numbers) for an authentic? If so, $250 really isn't that out of line.

Sadly, it's for a replica.

http://teamlastore.com/collections/...geles-kings-jeff-carter-stadium-series-jersey

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007

Don't go to the Stadium game and buy a Jersey instead. Or don't buy a Jersey and go to the stadium game. Or be stupid like me and do both 4 times since my wife and two kids want jersey's too. So this fricken game is costing me over $3,000 before I get to the game. I remember when $3,000 was the cost of my season tickets:rant:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Don't go to the Stadium game and buy a Jersey instead. Or don't buy a Jersey and go to the stadium game. Or be stupid like me and do both 4 times since my wife and two kids want jersey's too. So this fricken game is costing me over $3,000 before I get to the game. I remember when $3,000 was the cost of my season tickets:rant:

Yeah, it gets expensive real quick just like they planned it. I never had plans to go to the Stadium game, because I think it will be a disappointment. For all those going, I hope I am wrong.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011

Yeah, it's pretty sad, isn't it? The worst thing is I've gotten jerseys and the guy has been traded, so now the jersey is worth like $20. I have like 3 flyers jerseys at home including a winter classic one and it's not even worth putting them on ebay. I'll get the regular Kings jersey for Christmas and then maybe I can get some tickets for a game next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad