OT: Stadium Series Tickets

mgd525

May 18, 2007
I would wait til day of game and look. Honestly...

I would do this as well. It's going to be 60 degrees and a damn good chance of rain. I bet tons of tickets will be available game day cheap. The ice will be so soft if Sheary was playing they would need to put a lifejacket on him just incase...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One thing we can hope for is that thunder/lightning is in the area. For the St Louis game, they were talking about cancelling it with those conditions.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
One thing we can hope for is that thunder/lightning is in the area. For the St Louis game, they were talking about cancelling it with those conditions.

That would be my luck to somehow get lucky and grab two decent seats on the day of the game and then to have it get cancelled lol

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
No matter what, this will be the last time Pittsburgh has any kind of outdoor game for a long time.

Hopefully, the NHL sees the borderline unanimous lack of caring about this game, to the point where the Pens are all but begging people to buy tickets at basement level prices.

SC champs hosting their bitter rivals and almost nobody cares. No more outdoor games!!!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
My only wish for the game is no injuries. I do not care if the Pens lose by 32 or if it is 90 degrees out and a tornado comes down.

No injuries.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
No matter what, this will be the last time Pittsburgh has any kind of outdoor game for a long time.

Hopefully, the NHL sees the borderline unanimous lack of caring about this game, to the point where the Pens are all but begging people to buy tickets at basement level prices.

SC champs hosting their bitter rivals and almost nobody cares. No more outdoor games!!!

None of this sadly will happen.

Give it about a year after this one and we'll probably be roped into yet another outdoor ****-show... :help:

It's all about them dollar signs after all.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I think NHLers would be all for it IF it only was on 1/1/__ each year. One game. Once a year. No more. Tickets would sell and it would be about a 10 years before coming back.

That and if they included more than the 6 same freakin' teams.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

Really. How far past the point of novelty do you have to be to not sell out an outdoor game between arguably the two biggest rivals in the league in a good hockey market?

It's supposed to be 75 degrees on Friday. That ice is going to be a pile of ****. :help:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It hardly needs to be said but this game has disaster written all over it.

Really, really nervous about injuries. It's not even going to be ice... it's gonna be one huge Slurpee. If they can't keep good ice at ~40 degree or less temperatures... what in the world are they going to do about 70 degrees? Turn it into a roller game?

Last edited:

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

I thought I would be the lone grump who hated these so much they wanted it to be cancelled, but it seems I'm not alone at all. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And yeah, if I wanted to see a sloppy injury fest with bad conditions and disappointment at Heinz Field, I would have actually followed the Steelers this year.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace - I promise.

Two things: I have an extra pair of tickets that I am looking to move for whatever at this point. Section 534, center ice. Seats 7/8. I know a vast majority of Pens and Flyers fans on here aren't looking forward to this game, but I'm looking for a miracle at this point in trying to sell them.

Second, I'm coming into town tomorrow morning. Any recommendations on what to do/where to drink tomorrow/tomorrow night/Saturday morning? I've only passed through Pittsburgh, I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.

Thanks in advanced for any help. If anybody is interested in the tickets, feel free to PM me.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace - I promise.

Two things: I have an extra pair of tickets that I am looking to move for whatever at this point. Section 534, center ice. Seats 7/8. I know a vast majority of Pens and Flyers fans on here aren't looking forward to this game, but I'm looking for a miracle at this point in trying to sell them.

Second, I'm coming into town tomorrow morning. Any recommendations on what to do/where to drink tomorrow/tomorrow night/Saturday morning? I've only passed through Pittsburgh, I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.

Thanks in advanced for any help. If anybody is interested in the tickets, feel free to PM me.

This mostly depends on where you're staying within Pittsburgh. Will you be downtown? Suburbs?

b10

Jan 26, 2012
This mostly depends on where you're staying within Pittsburgh. Will you be downtown? Suburbs?

I'm staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton on Mansfield Ave - again, not really sure where this is in Pittsburgh. It's about ten min from Heinz Field is all I know.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton on Mansfield Ave - again, not really sure where this is in Pittsburgh. It's about ten min from Heinz Field is all I know.

Okay, so that's the Greentree/Carnegie/Crafton area.

If you want/need to go out to breakfast, you can try Bob's Diner or Gab n Eat in Carnegie. If you want to risk having terrible service, there's also Eggs r Us in Greentree.

Friday night -- if you're staying near your hotel -- check out Carnegie. Some decent bars and restaurants in that area. If you're going elsewhere, check out the following websites for what to do/where to drink:

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/
http://www.pghcitypaper.com/
http://www.nextpittsburgh.com/
https://madeinpgh.com/
http://www.discovertheburgh.com/

The above have some good lists/maps.

Saturday, I would suggest going downtown (Market Square) or near the stadiums (North Side/Shore). I like The Yard in Market Square and really want to check out the Southern Tier that just opened on the North Shore.

Last note: taxis/Ztrip in Pittsburgh are extremely unreliable. Try Uber or Lyft.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

If you want to hang out with a younger crowd and have an above average chance of getting into an altercation with an NFL player/coach, go to the Southside. Carson Street has a ton of bars from dives to clubs. You can ask the hotel if they have shuttle service, but you may have to Uber from there. Don't try to rely on a taxi....there are like 4 in the whole city.

The North Shore (where Heinz Field is) and Station Square also have quite a few restaurants and bars if you don't want to deal with Southside.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Okay, so that's the Greentree/Carnegie/Crafton area.

If you want/need to go out to breakfast, you can try Bob's Diner or Gab n Eat in Carnegie. If you want to risk having terrible service, there's also Eggs r Us in Greentree.

Friday night -- if you're staying near your hotel -- check out Carnegie. Some decent bars and restaurants in that area. If you're going elsewhere, check out the following websites for what to do/where to drink:

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/
http://www.pghcitypaper.com/
http://www.nextpittsburgh.com/
https://madeinpgh.com/
http://www.discovertheburgh.com/

The above have some good lists/maps.

Saturday, I would suggest going downtown (Market Square) or near the stadiums (North Side/Shore). I like The Yard in Market Square and really want to check out the Southern Tier that just opened on the North Shore.

Last note: taxis/Ztrip in Pittsburgh are extremely unreliable. Try Uber or Lyft.

If you do go to Carnegie, be sure to grab some mead. Blueberry is my favorite.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If you want to hang out with a younger crowd and have an above average chance of getting into an altercation with an NFL player/coach, go to the Southside. Carson Street has a ton of bars from dives to clubs. You can ask the hotel if they have shuttle service, but you may have to Uber from there. Don't try to rely on a taxi....there are like 4 in the whole city.

The North Shore (where Heinz Field is) and Station Square also have quite a few restaurants and bars if you don't want to deal with Southside.

I managed to forget about the Southside. I wonder how/why. :laugh:

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
That and if they included more than the 6 same freakin' teams.

I mean, they do need to limit it to teams that someone actually gives a **** about. That means Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Philly, Washington, the Canadian teams, and maybe New York. Nobody's going to pay for tickets if it's Florida vs Phoenix or something.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
There are over 1,000 tix still on Stubhub 48 hours before the event. Cheapest you can get a pair is $190.

Amazing what overexposure to a novelty event does to interest.

I have a feeling you'll be able to snag a pair for as low as $150 if you wait it out some, if not even lower.

And it's the kind of event where most seats suck so you just go for the cheapest. No point in spending more money just to get less sucky seats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad