OT: Stadium Series Tickets

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if there are any Pens Season Ticket Holders on here that have had the ability to purchase their tickets to the Stadium Series game. Flyers Season Ticket Holders window to buy tickets starts tomorrow with the longest tenured ticket holders and moving forward.

I just had a few questions.

1) How is availability looking (if that can even be seen)?
2) What are the price ranges? I see on Ticketmaster it has $54 - $275 but was wondering what the break down was. I imagine the $275 tickets are the light blue found below and the $54 is the brown.
3) How many seats were each Pens STH able to purchase?
4) How bad are Ticketmaster's fees?

I know you guys hate these outdoor games but hey maybe this one will be different, haha.

74036s.gif

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I am a sth, but I didn't order any. My buddy used my tickets last game at Heinz and said no matter where you sit, it is not good viewing.

I don't think the sales are going that well, because I received an email saying that sth's can now purchase extra tickets above their allotment. You intially were able to buy as many tickets as you held season tickets.

No clue as to the fee's but no doubt they are ridiculous.

My advice is to wait closer to week of the game and snatch up tickets on the secondary market, which imo will be lower than cost by then.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks for that td. It's always an interesting market. I think that the oversaturation put the events on a downturn though.

I know that the SS in Colorado didn't sell out until the week of the game and that was a baseball stadium.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For those that may be interested these are the price breakdowns:

Yellow: $109/ea
Red: $142/ea
Green: $153/ea
Brown: $164/ea
Gold: $219/ea
Blue: $275/ea

Ticketmaster hits you with a $19.25 fee on each ticket and then shipping on top of it.

74036s.gif

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
So you think it makes sense to wait awhile?
Wondering when I should book the hotel...

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
After being at Heinz for the 2011 game I have no desire to go to another. Especially to be around so many Flyers fans. No offense or anything.

I don't think any seat is going to be good. It's an atmosphere type of game more than anything.

And if you don't know by now, Ticketmaster fees are outrageous. Thanks for the breakdown though. This will sell out almost immediately I am sure.

midas

Nov 25, 2016
Friend emailed me 2 days ago. Steelers STH's being offered opportunity to buy. He can get up to the number of tickets he has (4)

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I am a sth, but I didn't order any. My buddy used my tickets last game at Heinz and said no matter where you sit, it is not good viewing.

I don't think the sales are going that well, because I received an email saying that sth's can now purchase extra tickets above their allotment. You intially were able to buy as many tickets as you held season tickets.

No clue as to the fee's but no doubt they are ridiculous.

My advice is to wait closer to week of the game and snatch up tickets on the secondary market, which imo will be lower than cost by then.

Yeah, we passed on this one also. The Winter Classic at Heinz Field was miserable - rainy weather which led to terrible hockey and it was not great in terms of viewing. We were in the upper deck and it was a lot like watching the game from outer space.

After being at Heinz for the 2011 game I have no desire to go to another. Especially to be around so many Flyers fans. No offense or anything.

I don't think any seat is going to be good. It's an atmosphere type of game more than anything.

And if you don't know by now, Ticketmaster fees are outrageous. Thanks for the breakdown though. This will sell out almost immediately I am sure.

A bit OT but how do they get away with this? I'm taking my nieces to Disney on Ice this weekend and for four tickets the fees were $41.75. The tickets themselves were only $30 each so I paid more than the cost of a ticket in fees!

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Yeah, we passed on this one also. The Winter Classic at Heinz Field was miserable - rainy weather which led to terrible hockey and it was not great in terms of viewing. We were in the upper deck and it was a lot like watching the game from outer space.

A bit OT but how do they get away with this? I'm taking my nieces to Disney on Ice this weekend and for four tickets the fees were $41.75. The tickets themselves were only $30 each so I paid more than the cost of a ticket in fees!
I was there in 2011, total waste of money imo. Had "good seats" and it was still terrible, had completely different seats for the alumni game, they were also terrible.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Good call td_ice with the info that sales aren't going well. I am sort of surprised. I honestly thought Flyers fans were looking forward to invading Pittsburgh. Like I said previously, I am just not interested to spend $340 (on the lower end) for a pair of tix to sit in "cheap" seats and inevitably be surrounded by Flyers fans who will be there just to be thugs.

I do have to say the night game sounds more interesting than the day. That was the only thing about the 2011 WC that turned out good...the delay of the game until the night. I enjoyed the game at that time better than 1:00 or whatever time it was supposed to start.

I guess if you haven't been to one of these outdoor games, now is the time to get it out of your system. My feeling is you won't be in a major hurry to go to another.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009

It's amazing. The fees...and then for this event with shipping delays you are forced into $15 shipping. Give me a break.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Also went in 2011. Terrible to actually watch. I feel like PNC would of been a better choice this time around but probably Nutting wanted nothing to do with that unless it meant him making money while spending none.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
The only way I would go to an outdoor game is if it was free.

I couldn't imagine there being even 1 good seat where you could really see the action. I know part of the lure is just the novelty of an outdoor game, but it just doesn't seem worth it IMO.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Good call td_ice with the info that sales aren't going well. I am sort of surprised. I honestly thought Flyers fans were looking forward to invading Pittsburgh. Like I said previously, I am just not interested to spend $340 (on the lower end) for a pair of tix to sit in "cheap" seats and inevitably be surrounded by Flyers fans who will be there just to be thugs.

I do have to say the night game sounds more interesting than the day. That was the only thing about the 2011 WC that turned out good...the delay of the game until the night. I enjoyed the game at that time better than 1:00 or whatever time it was supposed to start.

I guess if you haven't been to one of these outdoor games, now is the time to get it out of your system. My feeling is you won't be in a major hurry to go to anothe
r.

Yeah, I think that is it, it is not really a repeat event. You go to it once, and that's about it. So to have another go around at it, I just think it would be really hard to repeat the excitement, and the novelty of the first time it was here.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
are there any good tickets available on ticketmaster? all i see are seats in or near the endzone. those would really suck to try and watch the game from.

Sniperz25

Jun 30, 2003
I have 2 Stadium Series Tickets for sale.

Section 215

Row E

$500 for the pair.

Will meet in person or UPS

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
I have 2 Stadium Series Tickets for sale.

Section 215

Row E

$500 for the pair.

Will meet in person or UPS

Yikes, not sure I would pay that for box seats. Definitely a better event to tailgate than actually go to the game. You can barely see the ice even from decent seats.

PNC Park would have been the way to go.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Less than a week of the game and tickets are still on sale for $89. Hopefully this is the end of these countless stupid outdoor games.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
They even resorted to selling $30 student rush seats because they couldn't sell out. What miss by the the NHL determining the prices

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I believe they are calling for possible thunderstorms for game time. And possible 70 degree temps the day before. Not a great thing for ice conditions.

I don't care if we win or lose, just want no injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad