Stadium Series Jersey

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think the flying pigeon will be apart of it since it's the traditional skating penguin logo they have on NHL.com, plus that logo is probably the least liked of them all.

Modern day interpretations of the 80's/ early 90's would be nice but I doubt it happens.

The logo is going to be the current Penguins logo in chrome.

StadiumSeriesLogoWeb.jpg

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I wonder if these will just be worn once or if they'll become our new alternates?

If we didn't have that stupid chrome logo nonsense like how other participating Stadium Series teams do as well then I could maybe see us using them afterwards as third jerseys like how we used our '08 and then 2011 Winter Classic jerseys as our alternates after each of those Winter Classics.

But who knows....

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
The logo is going to be the current Penguins logo in chrome.

StadiumSeriesLogoWeb.jpg

the chrome idea is stupid.

I understand them wanting to modernize jerseys.. I mean I get it.. I don't agree with it.. but chrome is not modern.. it is pretty outdated.. it's not the early 2000's anymore.

I mean look at this flyers logo for example.. it was a product of the times, but it is horrible
STK-NHL-PHF-A2002-01.jpg

and the predators original logo compared to the redesign
nas1.gif

438px-Nashville_Predators_Logo_(2011).svg.png

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
with the recent obsession with blue and the ongoing obsession with "family atmosphere", this jersey could've been blue on blue with a care bear shoulder patch. guess i'll settle for this chrome thing. not going to (pittsburgh) black and yellow is highly disappointing though.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The only doubt I have (and it's quite small mind you) is because I'm pretty sure they didn't reveal the different Isles logo until the unveiling.

All Stadium Series logos are chrome. The NHL revealed them a while back.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm hoping for the 90's jersey with the vegas gold. Keep it simple and don't make anything stupid... like the Isles.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 4m
Heard some of you want another sneak peek at the #Pens #StadiumSeries jersey. We may just have another preview coming up!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ugh, I hate these sneak peak things teams have started to do.

It's going to be hideous, I don't need to see a different swath of fabric once a week to know that.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
Ugh, I hate these sneak peak things teams have started to do.

It's going to be hideous, I don't need to see a different swath of fabric once a week to know that.

It's well on it's way to being ridiculously ugly. Hate everything about the Vegas gold. It was cool the first year. It shows very poorly on television.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I still like the vegas gold in theory, but it doesn't work with RBK's fabric at all...it just washes out into a bland, uninteresting beige without having that sheen that the pre-Edge jerseys had.

Still pisses me off that they built those vegas gold seats into Consol, that meant we were doomed to another decade (at least) of the color sticking around.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I still like the vegas gold in theory, but it doesn't work with RBK's fabric at all...it just washes out into a bland, uninteresting beige without having that sheen that the pre-Edge jerseys had.

Still pisses me off that they built those vegas gold seats into Consol, that meant we were doomed to another decade (at least) of the color sticking around.

because seats arent replaceable

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
All Stadium Series logos are chrome. The NHL revealed them a while back.

I know, that wasn't what I had a doubt about.

Fully agree. It's not really gold at all now just a crappy, dull beige.

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
I never knew people hated the blue jerseys so much. I thought for sure the darker blue one would have been liked better compared to the lighter, but this was unexpected. I love both, with my preference going to the '08 jersey (even though I have a Malkin jersey from '11).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad