Post-Game Talk: St.Louis @ Senators - 7:30 p.m. - "Remember Hull" Edition

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Pageau used to be one of my favourite Senators, but he has been completely invisible for a while. If I had to choose between he and Tierney at this point, it would be an easy choice for me.

As a pretty vocal Pageau backer, I'm sad to say I agree. He's lost a lot of the "spunkiness" that made him a good player. Hopefully he can get better as the season progresses, but right now he's very disappointing. He should be much more visible out there with the roster we have.

Reactions: senswon

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I would have liked to win this game. So I could throw it in some Toronto fan friends faces that Ottawa beat the Stanley Cup Champs. Alas...

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm satisfied with tonight's game, it was a valiant effort. The last 2 I went away feeling a sense of disgust :laugh:

Reactions: Cosmix

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
All he has to do is not let the center skate straight up the ice and there's no goal there. He basically moved out of the way and gave Bozak the path. That's on Tierney.
I disagree. Why are the wingers just watching a puck lay there. Jump in a get the puck ffs.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
This is Beautiful.

Attachments

• 6332098B-7CC6-4BD3-8525-62DD80F366DE.jpeg
    6332098B-7CC6-4BD3-8525-62DD80F366DE.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 10

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Been a while since pageau had a game as good as tierney did tonight. Guess that settles it, trade pageau to pittsburgh

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Brannstrom is showing signs that he will be a top 3 defenseman in the future. I would say top 2 but it is still early to tell however I was very impressed with his demeanor on the ice and his ability to take that extra second before making a pass. That to me is a talent only elite players have, as they do not simply panic and rim it around the boards or blast a 100 mph pass to the nearest teammate like Ceci and Borowiecki do.

Brannstrom seems to have good hockey sense and as he gets older, he will definitely start putting up the points and being a little more confident and controlling when he is on the ice; patience will be key with him. In fact, he needs a mentor, similar to how Karlsson had Kuba and then Methot who allowed him to take little risks while they covered for him. Right now, only DeMelo fits that description but he is fairly young himself so a bit unfair to anchor him with a rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad