Post-Game Talk: St.Louis @ Senators - 7:30 p.m. - "Remember Hull" Edition

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I agree that this was about as good an effort as we can expect from this group of players, especially against the Cup champs. We can manage to score but push comes to shove talent takes over and St-Louis has a ton of it, and we just don't have the kind of goaltending that can steal you games like these.

Reactions: Emrasie and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I disagree. Why are the wingers just watching a puck lay there. Jump in a get the puck ffs.
Regardless of what the wingers are doing, Tierney still has a role, he has a simple job. Stand in Bozak's way so that he can't pressure the play. He literally moves aside to create the lane.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Regardless of what the wingers are doing, Tierney still has a role, he has a simple job. Stand in Bozak's way so that he can't pressure the play. He literally moves aside to create the lane.
His role was to win the face off which he did. The Sens have an extra forward lined up in the face off and still nobody jumped in.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
His role was to win the face off which he did. The Sens have an extra forward lined up in the face off and still nobody jumped in.

Sure, I guess if his role ends after winning the faceoff, he did fine. Reality is your role goes beyond half a second into a shift. Tierney didn't win it clean, it bounce back into the gap between the forwards and the D. Tkachuk took his man and prevented him from going to the puck, Tierney lets his man blow past him while he's looking the wrong way though and the D doesn't have enough time to get to the puck before Bozak gets to it in stride.

Reactions: Cosmix

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Duclair with only 12:57 tonight. Big goal. Some good hustle plays on D, a painful block and failed to cover his man on a draw that led to goal. Find some more ice for this guy. He's doing everything you want of him.

Overall good effort. Kept me entertained. Still, use Brannstrom, Duclair and Abramov more please.

Hainsey had 20+. Barf

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Duclair with only 12:57 tonight. Big goal. Some good hustle plays on D, a painful block and failed to cover his man on a draw that led to goal. Find some more ice for this guy. He's doing everything you want of him.

Overall good effort. Kept me entertained. Still, use Brannstrom, Duclair and Abramov more please.

Hainsey had 20+. Barf

DJ mentioned both Duclair and Abramov in the post game as players that he would have liked to give more minutes to, but that he expected to use them on the PP, and the bench ended up being a little shorter with the PK.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Fun game to watch, definitely their best game so far. I like how they pushed back and it just felt like there was a lot of space out there. We had the puck.

Bottom line is that was a winnable game and that is a good thing. Nilsson and Chabot let this team down tonight. They will both have to be a lot better.

I liked the lines, and hopefully they can build on it, but Tampa is coming in, hot.

Senators should see if TD Place is available, it would help with the atmosphere

Reactions: Icelevel

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ryan was terrible and played 10 minutes. Slow, lazy mind, soft.

I say he gets benched - he’s just not good enough for the NHL

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Same Ryan who slowly and lazylly stealed puck forechecking and make perfect pass to Duclair ?

I guess so, Sabourin has made more plays then him this season if we are keeping count.

$7.5 million and 10 minutes on the worst team in hockey - there’s reality and there’s rose coloured glasses

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Same Ryan who slowly and lazylly stealed puck forechecking and make perfect pass to Duclair ?
ryan has legit talent. no one denies that.. I didn't think he was terrible last night but the first two games indicate that this may be a long season... made even longer if every time he makes a tape to tape pass we have people on here like "WHOOAAA IS THAT THE RYAN YALL SAY CANT PLAY!?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->