Post-Game Talk: St.Louis @ Senators - 7:30 p.m. - "Remember Hull" Edition

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
When a game is like 7-6 let’s just say, there’s barely any tension, it’s just scrimmage hockey . Just my opinion. I like low scoring tight playoff type games

Agree with that. IMO, It's not the score that matter but the way it is played.

A slow defensive 1-1 is trash. But a fast pace 1-1 with a lot a key save is perfect.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
As good of a game as you can ask for. Our talent up front is so thin.

Our record is going to look better than it actually is at the end of the year, if we faced a starting goalie 30 times this year I’d be surprised. Teams are going to schedule their back-ups against us as often as possible.

Allen looked like a duffle-bag out there.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Our record is going to look better than it actually is at the end of the year, if we faced a starting goalie 30 times this year I’d be surprised. Teams are going to schedule their back-ups against us as often as possible.

He did make a few good saves; the sequence ending with him robbing Ennis after Tkachuk flubbed the return pass to white and then shot the rebound from a bad angle that when right to Ennis in the slot was pretty darn good

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He did make a few good saves; the sequence ending with him robbing Ennis after Tkachuk flubbed the return pass to white and then shot the rebound from a bad angle that when right to Ennis in the slot was pretty darn good
Eh, I don’t really agree. It was a good end for him making the save for sure, but I don’t really think it had anything to do with him. More so that we just did his work for him.

I think we score if White shoots, or if Tkachuk shoots on the pass.

I haven’t seen it since it happened live in the background while doing some work, so I could be way off.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Anisimov really seemed to come alive with Brown. Good pairing
Not sure about Nemesnikovvvs on that line though

Abramov was flying by the end of the game
His trip on Paryko was kinda awesome lol

Imo the white//tkachuk pairing needs someone creative on that line...Nemesnikovvvs maybe??

#timber

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm wondering what could White do at RW instead of Center . Even if i like his defensive game down in our zone. Maybe it could benefit him.

Tonight, he look like he went to Mark Stone's school of pickpocketery. He broke a lot of plays when the Blues tried to transition from Defence to Offence. I hope points come at some point, because he do a lot of good thing overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

I’m ok wit that. Finishing o-82 is a tad embarrassing. Even Miami Dolphins fans would laugh at us.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Imo the white//tkachuk pairing needs someone creative on that line...Nemesnikovvvs maybe??

#timber
Abramov

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Pretty much what I want to see.

An L, but good signs from the young lads. Hopefully Tierney can produce regularly and up that trade value.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I’m ok wit that. Finishing o-82 is a tad embarrassing. Even Miami Dolphins fans would laugh at us.
I am a Dolphins fan, believe it or not.

At least finishing last guarantees us Tua

And one of their other 1st’s that they own is likely to be in the top 5-10, as the Steelers are on their 3rd string QB and 1-4.

Then their other 1st is likely to be around when the Sharks pick will be, somewhere in the mid-late round.

Very similar situations, but the Dolphins have the better value in picks. Plus another 1st and couple of 2nd-3rds next year.

I like Tua as the more valuable piece than Laf/Byfield as well. The guy is a machine, and the Dolphins have the biggest need in the league for his position.

The guy had 7 TD’s last game, and has 25 in the first 5 games, no interceptions, and he’s sat out the 4th quarter in every game I believe :laugh:

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I am a Dolphins fan, believe it or not.

At least finishing last guarantees us Tua

And one of their other 1st’s that they own is likely to be in the top 5-10, as the Steelers are on their 3rd string QB and 1-4.

Then their other 1st is likely to be around when the Sharks pick will be, somewhere in the mid-late round.

Very similar situations, but the Dolphins have the better value in picks. Plus another 1st and couple of 2nd-3rds next year.

I like Tua as the more valuable piece than Laf/Byfield as well. The guy is a machine, and the Dolphins have the biggest need in the league for his position.

The guy had 7 TD’s last game, and has 25 in the first 5 games, no interceptions, and he’s sat out the 4th quarter in every game I believe :laugh:
Haha ya I was just kidding. I hope you guys get Tua! Miami was a pretty solid team a couple seasons with Tannehill and made playoffs. Can’t imagine what they would do with Tua! Someone needs to start challenging the pats in that god damn division. Bills defense is up for the challenge this year but offensively not so much. I think Tua is going to be an excellent player!

I’m a colts fan by the way. We are still trying to find our identity with no Luck. The run game and defense was magnificent against the Chiefs, but brutal the week before against Oakland lol. Story of this season. Inconsistent.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

#timber
Yeah Tkachuk and White need a guy, like Stone, who can create and setup opportunities for them. Neither guy is very good at creating offence from the neutral zone and blue line.

Tkachuk is among the best in the league from the hashmarks down, and White is a complete player, but neither is known, or very good at lugging the puck up the ice and setting plays up in the offensive zone. They are missing a very big piece on that line, and we don’t have it available at the moment.

Reactions: senswon

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
White was really good, and maybe I forgot how quick he is, or he definitely picked up a step this summer.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
i hope Brown and Batherson were watching Abramov cause thats how you make yourself noticeable

Exactly my issue with Brown during pre-season. Abramov had a good game even if he had not scored that goal. He at least showed that "eventually he can produce" by making things happen. Unfortunately with Brown, you could see him skate around, handle the puck a little, but then nothing really happened in the offensive zone with him.

I am hoping Smith gives the following lines a test:

Tkachuk- White- Abramov
Duclair- Tierney- Ryan
Namestnikov- Anisimov- Brown
Sabourin- Pageau- Ennis

Reactions: Deku

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
DJ mentioned both Duclair and Abramov in the post game as players that he would have liked to give more minutes to, but that he expected to use them on the PP, and the bench ended up being a little shorter with the PK.

So essentially said he did not adjust and failed to give his better players the ice time required over lesser players.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
So essentially said he did not adjust and failed to give his better players the ice time required over lesser players.
That’s what I got out of it too. He’s starting off the season bad maybe on purpose so he looks like a hero when he makes a good decision lol.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Yeah, no kidding. If your coaching strategies rely on just waiting for PPs then things are not going to go your way very often.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Duclair with only 12:57 tonight. Big goal. Some good hustle plays on D, a painful block and failed to cover his man on a draw that led to goal. Find some more ice for this guy. He's doing everything you want of him.

Overall good effort. Kept me entertained. Still, use Brannstrom, Duclair and Abramov more please.

Hainsey had 20+. Barf

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad