GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets | FSMW - TSN - Y98 FM | 7:00 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
I do believe The Blues are considered a top team, and they're going to continue to see every teams best effort.

I also believe they're vulnerable to pressure, I don't considered them to be great with their overall puck possession. I believe it could be who they are and the one thing I hoped to see improve. But it doesn't seem like it will be fixed with this group mostly because it's really not their strength and when you take in to account they're not real fast I don't believe other teams need to fear this part of their game.

This why I believe strong starts are so important, then continue their forecheck to add and protect leads. They're just not a slick passing puck moving team, they'll have their games where it will appears they're better at this but it's not their game. This comes back to my original point they're vulnerable to pressure. I believe they need to have a better understanding of this and even though this was a back to back, I don't believe they should lose games like this.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Sobotka was by far the worst choice. The other guys are at least skilled top 6 players.

I don't know what the hell Berglund's deal is in the shootout but isn't he like 3 for 3 on penalty shots or something?

I think Sobotka has some knowledge of Pavelec (sp) based on their national team experience. I think it was a reasonable choice, but obviously didn't work out.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
I think Sobotka has some knowledge of Pavelec (sp) based on their national team experience. I think it was a reasonable choice, but obviosly didn't work out.

Sobotka's move had Pavelec beat, he just failed to elevate the puck. There is a rhyme and a reason to who Hitchcock puts in the shoot-out, and I'm glad salary isn't the main factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad