GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets | FSMW - TSN - Y98 FM | 7:00 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenotes

Apr 7, 2011
All the puck luck went our way tonight. Love the way your team plays and your fan base is very cool....I know who I will be pulling for in the spring now if we're not their.Thanks for the well wishes.

Thought you might like this tweet from Jacob, despite the pizza he served up he has been unreal this season.

Jacob Trouba @JacobTrouba
Thanks for the support. If you were wondering, the boards are not edible. I'll be back soon. #gojetsgo

Sounds like his spirits are up, good to hear, hope it's a quick recovery.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I have seen no mention of how come Oshie was not covering his point man and let Enstrom walk in and shoot. We don't go to a shoot out if he plays his position.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Uh... Uh... Uh... You have a 2 goal lead on the road with less then 8 minutes to go and lose the extra point in a shootout? I don't care who the foe is if you're a good team you win the game in regulation and the Blues failed Friday Night in Winnipeg, embarrassing... :facepalm:

Elliot was terrible, Polock even worse and no one knows where Stewart is except on milk cartons. Well they have a week to think about their brutal pathetic meltdown in the 3rd period that's for sure.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Uh... Uh... Uh... You have a 2 goal lead on the road with less then 8 minutes to go and lose the extra point in a shootout? I don't care who the foe is if you're a good team you win the game in regulation and the Blues failed Friday Night in Winnipeg, embarrassing... :facepalm:

Elliot was terrible, Polock even worse and no one knows where Stewart is except on milk cartons. Well they have a week to think about their brutal pathetic meltdown in the 3rd period that's for sure.

Is this a joke? He was fine, the first and second goals were impossible to save with deflections, and the third goal was thanks to the defensive collapse. He had a couple of outstanding saves.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Is this a joke? He was fine, the first and second goals were impossible to save with deflections, and the third goal was thanks to the defensive collapse. He had a couple of outstanding saves.

first goal was 100% possible to save if he gets in front of the puck instead of trying to grab it, but those types of things happen. 2nd goal was fluky too and the third goal happened after the team just collapsed into the middle of the ice and let them do whatever they wanted with the puck.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri

Elliott wasn't screened you got to stop goals 2 and 3 in the 3rd period last line of defense and it costs you a divisional point in the standings because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Elliott wasn't screened you got to stop goals 2 and 3 in the 3rd period last line of defense and it costs you a divisional point in the standings because of it.

Come on now the 2nd goal hit about 3 things on its way to the net, changing directions each time. The last stick it hit turned out to be a perfect deflection into the top corner. Absolutely nothing Elliot could do about it.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

There isn't a goalie in the League that would stop the second goal. Clipped the stick of Pietrangelo and then Polák's stick lifts it over him.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO

Chill.

Okay, the first goal was a knuckleball that very few goalies could have saved. The second one was impossible. The 3rd one was thanks to a defensive collapse. He only "gave up" 3 goals, that's not that bad. Granted 2 or the 3 were nearly impossible to save. Giving up 1 or 2 goals a game isn't terrible.

You're blaming the wrong person here. Elliot played fine, it's the defense you need to blame.

And the whole "losing a point to a division foe" is just a stupid argument. Last time I checked this team is still 4-1-1 and played this game after a game in chicago the night before. It's not like theres going to be a tie breaker or anything and losing a point to the Jets is going to mean something. Losing a point to the Jets means nothing right now.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

Elliott played a fine game. I can see why you would be upset about the first goal because you can make an argument on that one. The second goal, no one could have stopped unless he had an obscene amount of luck. Deflecting off two defensemens' sticks and into the far corner is something no goalie can or could prepare for, and doesn't matter if that person is Patrick Roy. The third goal, as everyone has pointed out, came from the defensive collapse and the scrambling teammates that were in front of him, so Elliott couldn't really do anything about that.

At least do us the favor of blaming the right people. Heck, I don't even agree that Stewart played badly, because at least he was moving out there and setting up some quality odd-man rushes that just weren't finished properly.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Watched the game on demand today so I didn't get to see everything live. Talk about a brutal loss. We had this one in the bag. I don't think any one person can be blamed for this loss. Just a team letdown really. Lost our intensity because we thought it was in the bag. Seemed we were satisfied with our lead. Then we didn't respond appropriately to their push once it was a one goal game. We got a. Lot of bad luck with the posts and deflections and whatnot but they weren't factors in losing more factors making the loss hurt more.

That shootout was straight embarrassing. We had four guys with chances to get the second point and not one of em came through. Overall a pretty disappointing result there. I'd like to see some of our more skill players in the shootout. Sobotka freaking had pavelec beat but didn't elevate his shot.

Oh well looks like we have a week to let this one soak in. Can't wait for Vancouver to come to town.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Honestly Winnipeg pulling it together and forcing the win doesn't surprise me, we played back to back games and were out of gas at the end, they had a key player go down in a really bad way. Our team was just trying to get out of there with 2 points, their team was looking to force a win for Trouba and pulled it off.

I don't think it's a loss they should have allowed to happen but its probably the least important one of the season moving forward. We still got a point, we still played 55 minutes of strong impressive hockey on a 2nd night in a row. The first line is hotter than they have ever been, the Berglund line looks really strong and could have dug Winnipeg a much deeper hole if they hadn't been hitting the posts. Our top pairing is playing 30 min a night and looks incredible doing it.

But yeah lets turn this into some **** storm over Elliott losing in a shootout when his team had all night to score a game winning goal or prevent the game tying goal.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Hate that we have a week inbetween games.

But I'll be at the Scottrade for Thursday against the Canucks. First game of the season for me! Now I have to start the long process of deciding which jersey to wear...

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't think it's unfair to blame Elliott. It's not all his fault, but it's certainly in part.

The first goal I put on him, second one isn't, and the third could go either way.

He also let in a softie in the shootout that would have given us the win.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I don't think it's unfair to blame Elliott. It's not all his fault, but it's certainly in part.

The first goal I put on him, second one isn't, and the third could go either way.

He also let in a softie in the shootout that would have given us the win.

So giving up 1-2 goals is negative? last time I checked, a 2.00 GAA was pretty dang good.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Chill.

Okay, the first goal was a knuckleball that very few goalies could have saved. The second one was impossible. The 3rd one was thanks to a defensive collapse. He only "gave up" 3 goals, that's not that bad. Granted 2 or the 3 were nearly impossible to save. Giving up 1 or 2 goals a game isn't terrible.

You're blaming the wrong person here. Elliot played fine, it's the defense you need to blame.

And the whole "losing a point to a division foe" is just a stupid argument. Last time I checked this team is still 4-1-1 and played this game after a game in chicago the night before. It's not like theres going to be a tie breaker or anything and losing a point to the Jets is going to mean something. Losing a point to the Jets means nothing right now.

I think you should check again.:laugh:

As for the goals Elliott let in, I would say the first one was 100% his fault, there was no way he should have let that big of a rebound out. Second one I'm not sure any goalie could have saved unless they got lucky. Third goal could have been saved but it was a nice shot with Winnipeg putting a lot of pressure so I won't blame him for it. St. Louis has plenty of opportunities to win in the shootout so I won't blame that one on Elliott either.

It was a disappointing loss but they still got a point out of it and I don't think losing that one point this early in the season is going to make a difference between playoffs or no playoffs. St. Louis will still finish first or second in the division and then the playoffs are a new season.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
We're already behind in terms of games played. By the time we get finished this week off, we'll have like 4-5 less games played than everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad