Not open for further replies.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Blues won 7-0 last time.

BLUES (7-1-2) at PANTHERS (3-7-2)

TV: FS-MW, FS-F

Blue Notes: The Blues have points in five consecutive games (3-0-2). Vladimir Sobotka leads the League winning 70.6 percent of his faceoffs. The Blues have won three consecutive games vs. Florida and have outscored the Panthers 13-2 in that stretch. Sobotka has a three-game assist streak vs. Florida (four assists). Chris Stewart has seven points (one goal, six assists) in his last three games against the Panthers. Jay Bouwmeester ranks third in games played (471) and second in points (203) among defenseman in Panthers history.

Big story: The Panthers rank in the bottom five in goals against, and toward the bottom of the NHL in penalty killing. The Blues, meanwhile, are in the top three in goals scored and power-play percentage.

Who's hot: Steen has 11 goals, including a current five-game goal streak (seven goals), and Pietrangelo has two goals and two assists in two games for the Blues. … Tomas Fleischmann has points in three of five games for the Panthers.

Injury report: Goalie Tim Thomas (lower body), wing Steven Pinizzotto (hip) and defenseman Ed Jovanovski (hip) are on injured reserve for the Panthers while Fleischmann (flu-like symptoms) is probable. … The Blues are without Magnus Paajarvi (upper-body) and Brenden Morrow (upper body) did not travel with the team.

TONIGHT'S PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Alexander Steen-David Backes-T.J.Oshie

Derek Roy-Vladimir Sobotka-Chris Stewart

Jaden Schwartz-Patrik Berglund-Vladimir Tarasenko

Adam Cracknell-Maxim Lapierre-Ryan Reaves

Defensemen

Jay Bouwmeester-Alex Pietrangelo

Barret Jackman-Kevin Shattenkirk

Ian Cole-Roman Polak

Goalie

Brian Elliott

FLORIDA'S PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Jonathan Huberdeau-Aleksander Barkov-Tomas Fleischmann

Sean Bergenheim-Nick Bjugstad-Kris Versteeg

Scott Gomez-Brad Boyes-Jesse Winchester

Shawn Matthias Marcel Goc-Tomas Kopecky

Defensemen

Dmitry Kulikov-Brian Campbell

Tom Gilbert-Mike Weaver

Erik Gudbranson-Matt Gilroy

Jacob Markstrom in goal​

I think: Frank with a hat trick

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Blues won 7-0 last time.

BLUES (7-1-2) at PANTHERS (3-7-2)

TV: FS-MW, FS-F

Last 10: Florida 2-6-2, St. Louis 7-1-2

Season series: This is the second of two matchups between the St. Louis Blues and the Florida Panthers. The first was a 7-0 Blues thrashing in St. Louis on Oct. 5 in which they had seven different goal scorers.

Blue Notes: The Blues have points in five consecutive games (3-0-2). Vladimir Sobotka leads the League winning 70.6 percent of his faceoffs. The Blues have won three consecutive games vs. Florida and have outscored the Panthers 13-2 in that stretch. Sobotka has a three-game assist streak vs. Florida (four assists). Chris Stewart has seven points (one goal, six assists) in his last three games against the Panthers. Jay Bouwmeester ranks third in games played (471) and second in points (203) among defenseman in Panthers history.

I think: Frank with a hat trick

I don't see this one being a blowout. I honestly see it being a chippy low scoring game. You gotta think the Panthers are pissed at how our last meeting went which wasn't that long ago. Also that game ended with a lot of bad blood brewing so this could get nasty tonight.

OT: Posting full articles is against site rules. It is better to post a piece of the article and then the link to the full article. Just don't want ya getting in trouble.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Elliott starts, Cole in for Leopold....not liking it but we'll see.
plus Morrow out and Lappy back.
a W in the first of back-to-back games is always hugh so let's go Blues!!

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I don't see this one being a blowout. I honestly see it being a chippy low scoring game. You gotta think the Panthers are pissed at how our last meeting went which wasn't that long ago. Also that game ended with a lot of bad blood brewing so this could get nasty tonight.

OT: Posting full articles is against site rules. It is better to post a piece of the article and then the link to the full article. Just don't want ya getting in trouble.

Yeah I was in the middle of editing out a bunch of it. I'm on my iPad it's not quite as easy to do haha.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Elliott starts, Cole in for Leopold....not liking it but we'll see.
plus Morrow out and Lappy back.
a W in the first of back-to-back games is always hugh so let's go Blues!!

Much rather have this lineup against Florida than the Lightning (who are near the top of the east)

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I don't mind the Cole for Leopold swap. Cole needs to play or else he'll just rot in the press box, and Florida isn't exactly a strong team. Leopold has been quite good this season, but a break every now and then shouldn't hurt him at all.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It's not our "A Team", but it's a good enough line up to win if they play well. I like Cole getting in there. Jackman and Leo are both going to need some games off throughout the season, and Cole is about as good of a 7th Dman as there is in the league. I also like Ells getting in this game because Tampa is a stronger team than Florida. We're going to need Jaro tomorrow night.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't understand, I guess, why after the last two seasons Elliott outplaying Halak head to head it is assumed he's some kind of weak link. That's just weird. Then again, the way our fan base reacts to Elliott is the weirdest player reaction I have ever seen with a Blues player.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I don't understand, I guess, why after the last two seasons Elliott outplaying Halak head to head it is assumed he's some kind of weak link. That's just weird. Then again, the way our fan base reacts to Elliott is the weirdest player reaction I have ever seen with a Blues player.
Elliott hasn't looked very inspiring in our limited chances to see him so far this season. Thats what I base my opinion on. Its a new season and especially goalies have to prove it every year.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Elliott can be steady, but he won't steal any games. He's a decent backup. I would hate to see him on a poor defensive team that faces high quality shots on a regular basis.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria

don't get me wrong please! I'm the opposite of an Ells hater, defended him all the way. but I admit I am a little nervous when he starts, mostly because of his rust.

edit: btw its the same with Cole!

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
don't get me wrong please! I'm the opposite of an Ells hater, defended him all the way. but I admit I am a little nervous when he starts, mostly because of his rust.

edit: btw its the same with Cole!

Yes, goalies do need to get into a bit of a rhythm. I agree with that. Should be fun to see Halak play Tuesday back in Montreal.

illninofan*

I'm expecting another trouncing.

6-2 Blues.

Steen (x2), Tarasenko, Backes, Stewart (x2...the start of a hot streak).

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
All that young high draft pick talent Florida has makes you wonder that they enjoy the fun an sun of South Florida just a bit too much along with the veterans of the Panthers.

Even with Elliott between the pipes and some other tweaks for tonight's lineup due to injuries and a night off for Leopold, this is a very winnable game tonight.

Get R done Blues! :bb:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I didn't make a prediction like I normally do. I'll say 4-3 Blues in an ugly one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad