GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings 6:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm happy for Allen but also kinda feel bad for him at the same time getting thrown into the fire at Joe Louis Arena like this. If he does horrible it's not his fault. We have no other option.

Expecting a loss. Will be shocked if the Blues look like a good team tonight.

dandub

Mar 11, 2012
St. Louis
The Blues will win tonight, no doubt about it. This is EXACTLY what they need is to get back on the road and rebuild comradery. I argue that teams play better in this situation with Allen's first start. They will do everything in their power to block shots and keep chances to the outside to get this kid the best chance possible to succeed. The accountability "work boot" blues will be back tonight.

sselssalc

May 2, 2009
Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here - do you guys expect Halak to be the true #1 after he returns from injury? Or is there a likelihood of the games being split like last season between Halak and Elliot?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here - do you guys expect Halak to be the true #1 after he returns from injury? Or is there a likelihood of the games being split like last season between Halak and Elliot?
You're probably looking at Halak getting 66% to 70% of the starts, assuming he's healthy and generally outplaying Elliott. The condensed schedule likely won't allow things to get any more unbalanced than that.

Carcus

May 25, 2012
St Louis
Did you guys see this comment from Hitch? :laugh:

- Former Blues defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo is out tonight with a shoulder injury. He skated briefly this morning and afterwards was seen catching up with his ex-Blues teammates. Hitchcock had an epic line when he walked past the oft-injured Colaiacovo: "Do you play in games, or are you a practice player?" Hitchcock said.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cle_2abe2bac-56e7-5dbb-91e6-23f4804cc8a1.html

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Did you guys see this comment from Hitch? :laugh:

- Former Blues defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo is out tonight with a shoulder injury. He skated briefly this morning and afterwards was seen catching up with his ex-Blues teammates. Hitchcock had an epic line when he walked past the oft-injured Colaiacovo: "Do you play in games, or are you a practice player?" Hitchcock said.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cle_2abe2bac-56e7-5dbb-91e6-23f4804cc8a1.html

Colaiacova's response, "109 points and Central division champ when I was there... And now?..... haha"

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Wings fan here. Franzen is out and due to strange decision makeup our lineup is absolutely abysmal. If you guys come to play at all tonight you'll get an easy 2 points.

Chibi

Randomness
Feb 8, 2012
Houston
I'm hoping we turn things around tonight. Not sure if we'll pull out a W, but at least get momentum going the right way.

OT: I'm sorry but i can't help it.. Russell's pic makes him look like an extra for the movie Warm Bodies. Each time I see it, I think zombie. Whatever helps us win I guess. Go Blues!

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Well, Franzen is out and Cleary AND Abdelkader are in the top 6 for the game... other than choosing to skate 4-on-5 for an entire game, I don't know what else the Wings can do to help the Blues get a W. Maybe Howard will get pissed at his lackluster D in front of him, and score in his own net like that high school kid did in Minnesota?

Looking forward to a good one tonight, and hoping for the now-required herculean effort by Zetterberg and Datsyuk to get any points out of this one. :)

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
I'm hoping we finally see a Blues goalie prospect with a lot of promise turn into something here tonight. Since 1990, the only goalies drafted by the Blues that have played in 25 games or more are Reinhard Divis and Ben Bishop. That is not acceptable. Hopefully, Jake 'The Snake' Allen will change this pattern of horrible goaltending prospects from the Blues.

Allen hopefully shows he can be a capable NHL goaltender and have Brian Elliott scared that he might be the odd man out. Hoping for a good game.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
If Blues win tonight, does that mean I need to make more GDTs while forgetting players' pictures?

Since they are playing as individuals and not as a a team, perhaps if there picture is gone they will only be able to think of the team and not their selves. Maybe next game we just need a picture of the Blues note for every players face and for their name it should just say Blues player.

Are lines are

Blues Player - Blues Player - Blues Player

Blues Player - Blues Player

Blues Player
Blues Player

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
Lol, I've gone from apathy to outright laughing at the Blues. It's been a sad transition.

Edit: Does this make me a masochist?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I really think if Halak was hypothetically out for the season the Blues would be a lottery pick team this year. They look lost out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad