GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings 6:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Oh man I was in shock at first.... finally, a win again! WOOO!! I hope the Blues are back and ready for a winning streak again! Thank you!

SoulChaser17

Dec 17, 2011
St. Louis
I don't even mind giving a point to Detroit. That was so grand.

And Allen, man, he must be feeling so ****ing good right now. He deserves it. Good job. If people think he should be the backup? No. Elliott still has the skill, he just can't find it when Halak isn't around to push him. As of now though, I hope Allen gets more starts. Dude was pretty good. Completely proud of him.

illninofan*

It's weird...just before we scored the goal, the thought "Life isn't fair" ran through my head. :dunno:

/random anecdote

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Only got to see the OT, I've been crazy busy lately. So glad they won. How did Allen look?

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Looks like Jarmo Kekalainenfinally got an NHL GM job. Don't know if it's old new but just say it.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
With Spezza and Karlsson out for the year, that 2nd rounder is going to be in the mid 30's

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Seemed better than Elliott has been lately, at least.

What's more, he got a win in Detroit. That's just spectacular in so many ways.

In the end that's all I was hoping for. They win in CAL maybe we get this thing back on track

GrandPapillon*

Allen had the bar set ridiculously low following Elliott, and looked better than he probably was by comparison.

More proof that those wanting to "blow up this team" or "make a shakeup trade" need to step back and count to 10. The team's biggest problem during the past stretch has been between the pipes. That has been the cause of the struggles up front. Players trying to do too much, second-guessing themselves, and pressing; all signs of a team that has absolutely no confidence that any scoring chance against will be kept out and no less than 5 goals will win a hockey game

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The Blues played much, much, much stronger team defense in this one. Allen was basically a D/D+ but when you only have to face one shot in the third period even with repeated PK situations any goalie would look good. If the team had allowed the kind of wide-open chances as they allowed over and over and over this month, Allen would've EASILY given up more goals. There was a huge team commitment to limit shots. The dude saw SIX shots in the 2d and 3d period combined.

illninofan*

The Blues played much, much, much stronger team defense in this one. Allen was basically a D/D+ but when you only have to face one shot in the third period even with repeated PK situations any goalie would look good. If the team had allowed the kind of wide-open chances as they allowed over and over and over this month, Allen would've EASILY given up more goals. There was a huge team commitment to limit shots. The dude saw SIX shots in the 2d and 3d period combined.

He wasn't THAT bad. I'd at least give him a C, but that's great all things considered (first start, he actually won, Elliott's recent play...etc). All we needed was "average" goaltending and he provided that.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Detroit had 0 PP shots, the Blues has 1 PK shot
Detroit had 11 shots on goal in the first, only 7 shots the rest of the game.

With the exception of the first period we looked pretty good for the rest of the game. Allen was pleasantly surprising. The first goal Tatar was all alone right outside the crease cannot blame that one on Allen. The second Allen should have made a save but the wings should not have been let walk right to the net from the wall. The third goal was Allen's fault as well but we had 4 guys watching Datsyuk, Mcdonald started to go towards him but stopped and watched like every one else.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hopefully the result will cement these lines for at least a few games.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Frank on the bench and Schwartz finishing the game? Hitch must really like Jaden's game tonight.

Tarasenko rarely gets time at the end of the game or in OT. Hitch must not like his defensive game because he never gives tank shifts the last few mins if the game is tied or we are winning by a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad