GDT: St Louis Blues @ Colorado Refalanche 8:30PM CST ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
No. Just takes fair officiating and a goaltender who can pull his weight and stand on his head from time to time. We actually have the scoring and strong special teams this year.

Kadri will likely be suspended by the time they play us if that happens anyways and they have alot of banged up people. And their starting goaltender is Darcy Kuemper. If you lose a 7 game series against him, you don't deserve a cup.

If they play Dallas in round 1, I expect them to lose anyways.

How many times have the Blues looked exactly like they did tonight against teams not named COL when 50 was showing signs of weakness in net? Too many. He had been playing better but he reverted right back to his mid-season form and for good measure lost his stick twice in 5 mins just to remind everyone. The team picks up on that and they dont respond well. Its a momentum killer. Not having Perron neutered that 2nd line as well. I hope he will be ready to go. One very good sign was 90's overall game in this one. He looked great for the first time in a long time sans the goals.

I do think DAL will give COL issues as they did last year but if not the Blues arent dead on arrival should they make it past MIN.

They would just need to grab some momentum and get one win in the first two and it'll be fun.

Also, they did just lose 4 in a row in regulation. MIN just lost a game to AZ after seeing that they gave the Blues a hard time thanks to some sloppy play in the 3rd period from STL. You cant predict anything.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
They're just better than us. It'll take a miracle or an epic choke on their part for us to beat them IF it comes to that (big if, btw).
I don’t agree with this at all. The Blues barely showed up for 2.5 periods, but turned it on and almost tied it up. Bad game, but great finish to turn it on at will and score. Without Perron and Schenn.

Reactions: Meatball

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I don’t agree with this at all. The Blues barely showed up for 2.5 periods, but turned it on and almost tied it up. Bad game, but great finish to turn it on at will and score. Without Perron and Schenn.
The problem is the Blues do this too often. Frequently, they get away with it based on their skill. In the playoffs, I doubt teams are going to allow the bounce back as much as the regular season. We are going to have to bring the work boots for 60mins if we are going to do the damn thing again.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Listening to local sports talk radio this morning and I think they made a valid point. Last night was a test to see how long of a leash Husso gets in the playoffs. Binnington's last 5 starts looked pretty good so if he could have another good start against a hungry Avs team, the coaching staff would get confirmation that Binnington was ready for playoffs if needed. Last night proved the opposite, that he's not ready and that we will sink or swim with Husso.

Aside from the awful goaltending, the team looked invisible out there. No physicality whatsoever. And while the stats show we were only outhit 29-25, watching the game I felt like the Avs were the much more physical team.

Glad the Blues were able to make a come back late in the 3rd. Otherwise, I was having flashblacks to last year's sweep. Blues will have to play much better than that should we meet the Avs in the playoffs. We were totally dominated for most of the game.

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
Ryan O'Reilly is a warrior and I miss him dearly.
Few players have that kind of impact on every single play out on that sheet of ice.
Thus why we used to refer to him as the " Factor ".
Even as a Blue it's a pleasure to watch him dominate.
If there existed a hockey squad equivelant to the " Harlem Globe Trotters " Ryan O'Reilly would be on that team.
Cheers.

Last edited:

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Listening to local sports talk radio this morning and I think they made a valid point. Last night was a test to see how long of a leash Husso gets in the playoffs. Binnington's last 5 starts looked pretty good so if he could have another good start against a hungry Avs team, the coaching staff would get confirmation that Binnington was ready for playoffs if needed. Last night proved the opposite, that he's not ready and that we will sink or swim with Husso.

Aside from the awful goaltending, the team looked invisible out there. No physicality whatsoever. And while the stats show we were only outhit 29-25, watching the game I felt like the Avs were the much more physical team.

Glad the Blues were able to make a come back late in the 3rd. Otherwise, I was having flashblacks to last year's sweep. Blues will have to play much better than that should we meet the Avs in the playoffs. We were totally dominated for most of the game.
Your first paragraph is the only explanation that makes sense to me as far as Berube’s decision making. Cause these games are not meaningless. Wild are a much better home team, one of the best in the league. ARZ did us a huge favor that we unfortunately didn’t take advantage of it. And Binner was just….bad.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
You guys are my dark horse to come out of the West. I wouldn't put too much stock into last night's game missing Schenn and Perron; nice game by RoR, but Husso will ultimately decide how far you guys go - Binny is clearly not a viable option.

Good luck!
We always have Chucky Sideburns incase something happens to Husso.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Coyote fan popping in to take credit for their victory over the Wild last night :D

I hope it ends up helping the Blues secure home ice.

If needed, please help the Coyotes by defeating the Knights to knock them out of playoff contention in the event the Coyotes defeat the Stars in regulation tonight.

Coyotes get a 3rd round pick instead of a 4th in the 2023 draft if the Stars make the playoffs.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I love how this team can look like a dumpster fire for 2 and a half periods but it's one guys fault they lost.
Remember how Chief bashed Kyrou for his idiotic turnovers and stupid plays during the Arizona game and said that one dumb play has effects that go through the entire team?

Well that happens on STEROIDS when you get shitty leaky goaltending which is all Mr Softy has done in 2022. The numbers declining every year is a deep concern considering the insane price he is being paid.

Reactions: execwrite1

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Remember how Chief bashed Kyrou for his idiotic turnovers and stupid plays during the Arizona game and said that one dumb play has effects that go through the entire team?

Well that happens on STEROIDS when you get shitty leaky goaltending

So what you're saying is that the shitty play of the team and the defensive zone turn-overs effected the goalie? thanks for admitting it.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Not to worried about this game. Avs put in a playoff game type of effort to snap their 4-game losing streak and if I heard correctly on 101, the Blues just ended a 9 games in 15 days stretch with 7 of those on the road. A win would've been nice, but it's not the end of the world. I'd rather hold back a little bit and be as healthy as possible going into game 1.

My only concern was Binnington. Didn't look nearly as calm and confident as he seemed the last 4-5 starts. Looked especially rattled after he gave up that first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad