GDT: St Louis Blues @ Colorado Refalanche 8:30PM CST ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Binnington had NO chance at all on the first goal. But, I agree that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th were shots he could have, and should have stopped. And I'm sure that Husso would have stopped them.
I agree but only because the first goal had really insane traffic. But still, he was not in great position and made no attempt to fight through the screens to see the puck, he just stood there like a deer in headlights.

If Chucky Sideburns or Husso play this game, the Blues get a W. Atleast Arizona beat the Wild so while we missed a great opportunity to have home ice in our own hands, we also did not lose any ground.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
You can criticize team, fine. Butnthen you said we would still be down multiple goals unless we had prime hasek. How does that work, if goaltending was bad, it only stand that better goaltending would have let up one less goal.

Its not that you arent solely blaming binny, its that tou then say the score would be the same with better goaltending. Thats nonsensical and makes no sense. Just leave that part out and i wont say amything about your criticism of the team rather than blaming binny.

Sorry, i wont argue further but i just cant stand logical fallacies that contradict themselves.
I never said we would be down multiple goals with prime Hasek. I said it would take him to make that period even. I stand by the point that it would take an exceptional performance in the net to make periods like that even on the score board. I made that post after the Avs scored their 3rd goal of the period, which was before the Blues had a SOG.

I never said the score would be the same with better goaltending. I said we could switch goalies with the Avs and we would still be the team down multiple goals after a period like that. I stand by that.

You believe that the quality of chances Binnington faced should not have resulted in 3 goals. I believe the Avs generated better quality chances than you do. I also believe we were lucky to come out of the period with the goal we got. It's completely logical to believe that, even with better goaltending, the Blues should expect to get outscored by multiple goals in a period like that. I can accept that you believe the Avs didn't generate quality scoring chances, but my posts have no contradictions.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It's hard to say we got outplayed when we didn't even show up for the game. LOL
The Blues played much better during The 1st Period than in the first half + of The 2nd, and some of The 3rd. I think the altitude got to them after The 1st Period. They had used up a lot of their energy, came out flat, and didn't move their legs as much, and couldn't keep up with The Avs. Home Ice advantage probably won't matter in the Minnesota series (especially given that The Wild don't match up well with The Blues). But, The Blues play much, much worse against The Avs in Colorado than they do in St. Louis, so the one extra game could really matter in that one. Given The Blues' record against The Wild during Berube's time as Blues' coach, I'm not worried about that series. But, to beat The Avs, they'll have to win at least one game in Colorado, and more than one, IF they don't win all 3 of their home games. It's going to be tough. They are going to have to skate hard ALL the time. That's tough to do at 5,000 feet, if you're not used to doing it regularly.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

Oh but it can when Binner is in net.

He is gonna finish the season with a GAA above 3 and a save % at 90

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It's hard to say we got outplayed when we didn't even show up for the game. LOL
The Blues played much better during The 1st Period than in the first half + of The 2nd, and some of The 3rd. I think the altitude got to them after The 1st Period. They had used up a lot of their energy, came out flat, and didn't move their legs as much, and couldn't keep up with The Avs. Home Ice advantage probably won't matter in the Minnesota series (especially given that The Wild don't match up well with The Blues). But, The Blues play much, much worse against The Avs in Colorado than they do in St. Louis, so the one extra game could really matter in that one. Given The Blues' record against The Wild during Berube's time as Blues' coach, I'm not worried about that series. But, to beat The Avs, they'll have to win at least one game in Colorado, and more than one, IF they don't win all 3 of their home games. It's going to be tough. They are going to have to skate hard ALL the time. That's tough to do at 5,000 feet, if you're not used to doing it regularly.
And we also had our backup in net so nobody cares, bud.
And we were missing Schenn and Perron (two of our heart and soul players), who are important scorers, but also do a lot more things for the team that don't show up directly in statistics.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
caught this one live and enjoyed it once the blues made it close. nice to hear the "let's go blues" chants in the away arena because there are just so many blues fans at the game. avs fans can barely drown out the away crowd trying.

binnington wasn't great, but neither were the blues in the second period all around and it was nice to see his last start of the season (and maybe as a blue). i was expecting to see someone fight kadri and make him deal with himself again, so i was disappointed by that. i think it threw off the whole game honestly.

Last edited:

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
caught this one live and enjoyed it once the blues made it close. nice to hear the "let's go blues" chats in the away arena because there are just so many blues fans at the game. avs fans can barely drown out the away crowd trying.

binnington wasn't great, but neither were the blues in the second period all around and it was nice to see his last start of the season (and maybe as a blue). i was expecting to see someone fight kadri and make him deal with himself again, so i was disappointed by that. i think it threw off the whole game honestly.

Ball Arena is always full of opposition fans, everyone wants to move to CO for some unknown reason.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Ball Arena is always full of opposition fans, everyone wants to move to CO for some unknown reason.
really fun watching the tv crew constantly switch angles in the arena trying to avoid putting blues jerseys on the jumbotron. full on invasion

Reactions: TheDizee

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
really fun watching the tv crew constantly switch angles in the arena trying to avoid putting blues jerseys on the jumbotron. full on invasion

Your definition of fun is a bit strange I suppose but to each their own! It's simply the city that Denver has become which is pretty great honestly.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
They're just better than us. It'll take a miracle or an epic choke on their part for us to beat them IF it comes to that (big if, btw).

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
They're just better than us. It'll take a miracle or an epic choke on their part for us to beat them IF it comes to that (big if, btw).
No. Just takes fair officiating and a goaltender who can pull his weight and stand on his head from time to time. We actually have the scoring and strong special teams this year.

Kadri will likely be suspended by the time they play us if that happens anyways and they have alot of banged up people. And their starting goaltender is Darcy Kuemper. If you lose a 7 game series against him, you don't deserve a cup.

If they play Dallas in round 1, I expect them to lose anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad