St Louis Blues at the trade deadline

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Hi guys, I'm curious as to what you think you need to add to your roster to make a deep playoff run this year.

Also, what assets would you be okay with losing to acquire pieces that will help out your team.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Rattie+ Brodeur for Quick sounds good. book it.

It will probably end up being Rattie or a defensive prospect+ pick to replace an injury. Right now the roster looks solid but i'm sure something will go to hell near the end.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I think the Blues biggest weakness come playoff time is that their d-men get very agitated by a heavy forecheck so ideally, I would like to add a physical, nasty top-4 LD to pair with either Petro or Shatty.

In return, I'd like to not trade anyone from the current roster if at all possible unless a replacement NHLer is also returning in the deal and/or another deal. I'd like to keep any future 1st rd picks and prospects Fabbri, Barbashev and Schmaltz...but of course, everyone is available for the right price.

PS. I know what I want to happen has about a 1% chance of actually happening.

PPS. while upgrading Bergy's spot would be ideal, I think there are more pressing weaknesses. But if Army could somehow swap out Bergy for someone like Ward or Brouwer then sure, why not.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm content with keeping Berglund on the 3rd line wing, opposite Jaskin. Although depending on the rentals out there, that line wing is a position that could be upgraded. I would part with Rattie if its the right player. If a longer-term solution can be found, I'd move Berglund+Rattie for a forward.

I don't think the Blues will make a move on the defensive side, if Gunnarson is healthy.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Blues don't end up making a deadline trade at all.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Top 4 dman RHD for the 3rd pairing. The revolving door of ButCole burns us too often.

I have zero idea who to target.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
Top 4 dman RHD for the 3rd pairing. The revolving door of ButCole burns us too often.

I have zero idea who to target.

except Butler has out played Cole. I wouldn't get a dman considering Lindbohm could always come up if it gets to the point of being that bad.

also

Jagr makes sense in terms of a Veteran and a cheap rental

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
In order of importance:

1. Consistent top4 LHD, partnering Shattenirk/Pietrangelo
2. 2/3rd line winger that can be a finisher for Stastny/Lehtera on the 3rd line. PK helper, preferably. Would also be nice for center-depth if he is to be traded for Berglund.
3. Veteran Bottom pairing Dman; mean is good

The defensive help could be made unnecessary if Gunnar can stay healthy and plays solidly enough.
If Berglund continues to be very streaky at best, our greatest need will be finding that winger for Stastny.
If one of Parayko/Cole/Butler emerges victor to the #6 Dman spot, then we will probably be set on D. I'm betting on a combination of Butler/Lindbohm (if anyone can get it done) and Cole(+) will be traded for a Forward.

We definitely DO NOT need help with goaltending (barring the obvious 'not-to-named-save-it-happen situation'; I'm not talking about Brodeur). Our fourth line is very set, and we're good on 1-2-3 Centers.

Tradeable assets:
Rattie
Vanelli
Berglund
Brodeur
Paajarvi
Cole
2nd Round Pick and downward

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Need someone to score goals with Stastny. Fine with moving a player he'd be replacing, picks or prospects that don't include Jaskin, Fabbri, Husso, Barb, or Lindbohm

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
except Butler has out played Cole. I wouldn't get a dman considering Lindbohm could always come up if it gets to the point of being that bad.

also

Jagr makes sense in terms of a Veteran and a cheap rental
Yes he has but neither are truly stable. Nothing against Butler since he's been an absolute great addition considering the contract and situation. BUT I see the 3rd pairing getting caught out there. The top 4 can work their way out of trouble normally. But Jackman/ButCole get hemmed in and I forsee that becoming a weakness in the POs on the road. We need someone who isn't soft and can get the puck out on the first pass

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Need someone to score goals with Stastny. Fine with moving a player he'd be replacing, picks or prospects that don't include Jaskin, Fabbri, Husso, Barb, or Lindbohm

What makes Husso untouchable? Our future is pretty set at goalie with Allen, and Binnington coming up looks good too.

He's played well, sure, but if Rattie isn't untouchable than Husso shouldn't be either. And he was a mid-round pick, it's not like he's a future all-star.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
What makes Husso untouchable? Our future is pretty set at goalie with Allen, and Binnington coming up looks good too.

He's played well, sure, but if Rattie isn't untouchable than Husso shouldn't be either. And he was a mid-round pick, it's not like he's a future all-star.

Playing devil's advocate: It's likely that Husso will develop to be much better and we can sell high. Goalies are pretty worthless until they've reached the NHL and actually played. Right now he's just negligible value.

Although I 'suppose negligible value,' isn't the same thing as 'untouchable'.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Cool thanks just wanted to double check. Last game against the Avs Reaves was with Stastny.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Because Husso has absolutely no value and a lot of upside. I'd actually include Binnington too, no interest in moving prospect goalies and having them become Ben Bishops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad