Confirmed with Link: Stéphane Waite named goalie coach

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
When they need help, goalies go to Helen Waite.

Ahh..too late now! Yes..her name is Annie////

Damn, Grant! I actually had to Google Helen Waite to figure out what the heck you were talking about! :laugh: Honestly never heard that joke before.

Thanks for making me feel blonde for a minute...

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
So apparently, Waite is a goalie coach that focuses on reaction time, rather than a specific style. He adapts to what 'style' the goalie is comfortable with. He's a demanding coach that loves repetitions over and over again.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Where's that blackhawks mod now?

Well you said it on your board a few weeks ago but I didn't think he would actually leave. Really wanted to see him work with Raanta as his work with Niemi/Crawford speaks for itself

Would have thought another cup + potential to work with Raanta would have been enough to keep him

You guys got a good goalie coach ,, Enjoy

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I couldn't care less about this hire. One of the most meaningless positions in all of hockey. Price's technique has long been set, this guy or any other guy isn't going to fix anything. Price needs a sports psychologists, not a new coach every couple years.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Bergevin has been great at hiring coaches and assistants and staff.

Too bad that they cant play the game.

Now he needs to turn to getting us some top notch players.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I couldn't care less about this hire. One of the most meaningless positions in all of hockey. Price's technique has long been set, this guy or any other guy isn't going to fix anything. Price needs a sports psychologists, not a new coach every couple years.

You are the most pessismistic person on this board based on the last two threads I've read. :laugh:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

So apparently, Waite is a goalie coach that focuses on reaction time, rather than a specific style. He adapts to what 'style' the goalie is comfortable with. He's a demanding coach that loves repetitions over and over again.

this is actually what Price needs. His athleticism and quickness are great, but he does take a while to react to the play/read the play as it develops, so reaction time can be improved. Then he obviously does need a more demanding coach who won't let him slack off, ever.

Very good acquisition. Considering this guy was able to make Crawford look so good , when Crawford is just average...I'm curious what he can do with Price who has more natural talent than Crawford.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
We got good coaches now is time to get a few players, you can have the best coaches but we need some players to work with.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"Stephane, would you like to work with Carey Price and Zachary Fucale?"

Hopefully he's already grilling Price.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
amazing breath of fresh air after Vinny BS. he's on TSN 690 right now - and basically said that he had a great situation in Chicago but coaching Habs is a dream come true from a young age and he wanted to come home

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Very important position in our staff and a very excellent decision to go after him. He brings a level of success that will force respect from Price and I think he will challenge Carey to be all that he can be. Really looking forward to next season. If we can get Price's A-game next year, we'll be a threat come playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad