Waived: StÃ¥lberg Waived (Cleared)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
not from an offensive stand point, but Jokinen is doing a few things to help this team win. He has good positional sense and has been pretty solid on the PK recently.

I agree Jokinen could and should be more of a factor offensively, but what has Stalberg done besides get injured?

Like one or two others have said, I was hoping to see what he could do in this new system, but unfortunately he hasn't had the chance due to his injuries. Not saying he shouldn't be waived, because to me, it was between him and Jokinen.

Regarding Jokinen, he has been nothing but a fail. We are basically icing 7 D a night with Jokinen in the lineup. That's all anyone does and can give him credit for is his defensive play. While I understand that forwards need to play a 2 way game, he's not, he's just playing a 1 way game, only his one way game is the opposite of most. Watching Jokinen at forward this year for us is almost as bad as watching Hannan play defense for us a couple of years ago. Both are terrible experiments.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Like one or two others have said, I was hoping to see what he could do in this new system, but unfortunately he hasn't had the chance due to his injuries. Not saying he shouldn't be waived, because to me, it was between him and Jokinen.

Regarding Jokinen, he has been nothing but a fail. We are basically icing 7 D a night with Jokinen in the lineup. That's all anyone does and can give him credit for is his defensive play. While I understand that forwards need to play a 2 way game, he's not, he's just playing a 1 way game, only his one way game is the opposite of most. Watching Jokinen at forward this year for us is almost as bad as watching Hannan play defense for us a couple of years ago. Both are terrible experiments.

Here's a question for you and anyone else, name a play that he's made that cost us a goal or put us in a position where he could've cost us a goal? I'm not trying to defend him by any means but if he's not hurting us on the ice, that's not a bad thing. He's playing a team game, doesn't make mistakes and while that might not seem like a lot, while a guy like Nystrom has scored more, other teams have scored off of his terrible turnovers time and time again. In the end, it equals out IMO. We need more production out of a bunch of guys, including him, but he goes out and plays hard every shift and while his tank is on E, he's not killing us out there.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Here's a question for you and anyone else, name a play that he's made that cost us a goal or put us in a position where he could've cost us a goal? I'm not trying to defend him by any means but if he's not hurting us on the ice, that's not a bad thing. He's playing a team game, doesn't make mistakes and while that might not seem like a lot, while a guy like Nystrom has scored more, other teams have scored off of his terrible turnovers time and time again. In the end, it equals out IMO. We need more production out of a bunch of guys, including him, but he goes out and plays hard every shift and while his tank is on E, he's not killing us out there.

I'm not arguing with you on his defensive play, what I hate is he takes up a spot that someone who can contribute could have which in turn could help out with the secondary scoring we so desperately need.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

He isn't good enough defensively to be as bad as he has been offensively, and he does kill us offensively, often.

He is not Gaustad, he is not Fisher.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
I'm glad that he cleared. I think that there is still a chance that he becomes a useful player for the Preds (3rd line depth scoring). If we get hit with the injury bug, we will be glad that he is available to call up.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Since he's cleared isn't there a time frame where he can be sent back down without having to clear again? I'm a little fuzzy on the waiver rules since the last CBA, honestly.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Welcome back Stålberg?

Seriously, I know he doesn't have a lot of supporters here... and honestly I'm starting to lose faith myself. But I really do want him to succeed here. Hopefully his knee is healed, but I know he's not in game shape so I'm not expecting much right now. Hopefully he finally puts it together.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So you're leaving yourself no backups, just to be nice?

We still have 22 after those moves dont we?

Forsberg
Ribs
Smith
Wilson
Neal
Fisher
Cullen
Jarnkrok
Beck
Nystrom
Jokinen
Gaustad