SSM Greyhounds 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I think Dean was pissed that Sarnia called a timeout in the last 2 mins up 4-0. No check that, I think Dean was pissed he was down 4-0 with 2 mins left, and took it out on the Sarnia bench when they called a timeout.
I decided to go to that game. It was an ugly one. I missed the coach yelling. I’m not sure what’s worse. Tynan’s play in that game or sarnia’s workers trying to fix broken glass.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Dean is quite the character eh? lol. Ive never seen a coach yelling at his players so much. It would be 2 seconds after a faceoff & he'd be screaming. F bombs left & right all night. If he does that all the time eventually guys will just tune him out. so over the top.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Dean is quite the character eh? lol. Ive never seen a coach yelling at his players so much. It would be 2 seconds after a faceoff & he'd be screaming. F bombs left & right all night. If he does that all the time eventually guys will just tune him out. so over the top.
That's so out of character for him that I almost don't believe it. He's pretty calm as a coach. Of course, you don't often hear that kind of thing over the crowd in the Soo, so maybe I just don't hear it.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
That's so out of character for him that I almost don't believe it. He's pretty calm as a coach. Of course, you don't often hear that kind of thing over the crowd in the Soo, so maybe I just don't hear it.

You couldn't be anymore wrong.. Dean is constantly riding the kids hard.. I will be standing above a section and hear him yelling. Pay attention to how he treats Savard...

Dean's brutal for this, but he wants to win, and he sees more from his squad than maybe they even see.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Some players already have it seems in my opinion

It's like having Bannister back... the boys tuned him out too.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I've been through discussions with people who hate all coaches and it never ends up being worth the time. Other people attend the games as well and most of what is posted above is blatantly false. That will be my only comment.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I was stating what I physically watched for 2.5 hours. Truly haven't seen a coach be like that in a long long time.

That doesn't mean he's an awful coach. Clearly must be doing something right. Best of luck the rest of the way!

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I was stating what I physically watched for 2.5 hours. Truly haven't seen a coach be like that in a long long time.

That doesn't mean he's an awful coach. Clearly must be doing something right. Best of luck the rest of the way!

He's definitely a good coach and I hope he gets an opportunity with a contender some year.

Reactions: Houndzfan

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I've been through discussions with people who hate all coaches and it never ends up being worth the time. Other people attend the games as well and most of what is posted above is blatantly false. That will be my only comment.

Dean yells and swears LOUDLY almost every game, ontop of that hes NEVER wore his mask during games..because he can't yell with it on LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirty12

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

Starting to feel like the London board around here.. guy says one thing and now its an argument and he's making up lies.

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Watching him tonight in Flint, he’s a nut.

Reactions: MJ5

93MemCup

Apr 10, 2014
See-saw affair tonight, early in 3rd! 5-5 Both teams can’t hold a multiple goal lead

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Great win. Tynan seemed to have some piss and vinegar in his blood tonight. Good to see the passion. Maybe Ivanov creeping up has given him some push.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great win. Tynan seemed to have some piss and vinegar in his blood tonight. Good to see the passion. Maybe Ivanov creeping up has given him some push.
I agree. It was nice to see some fire from the team in general. Credit to the players and coaches for having the team ready to compete in a tough environment.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
First time I have seen Tynan that focused. Really bailed them out in OT a number of times. Crazy game.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
What a great team win and spectacular effort from Tynan! He couldn't have picked a much better time to get hot.

I think we can safely dismiss suggestions that the coaching staff has 'lost the room'. Everyone was pulling on the same rope the last 2 nights.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i didn't catch the game last night but nice to see Tucker get a shutout.

with 1-4 being so close in the western conference every game matters, especially in our division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad